Best cover for xm?

DZ800

Reaction score
Hey everyone, What kind of sled covers for your XMs you having good luck with? Apparently the skidoo ones are not staying on or ripping apart? What about these snoskinz?
thanks for the input.

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was under the understanding that there would be a new design for 2014. Did this not happen?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at the PAC_Catalog pdf from Ski Doo and they show a "Rap-clip" cover that is new. Looks like they may have put something different up in the handlebar tear zones.
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best cover hands down is sledskinz. For a little more $$ than stock, it has a lifetime warranty. Fits perfect and is thick.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friend just got the new rap clip cover. It looks pretty good, has adjustment so it does not flap as much.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always ran the BRP covers. Tore up 3 or 4 in the wind till I started running a strap over the front of the seat and have not tore one since.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never have issues with stock brp covers, use it as intended and its fine, only place it ever tore was rubbing on sharp points.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you mean, strap over the seat?
I just run a tiedown strap from a hole in the running board over the front of the seat to the other running board and tighten it up. It is enough tension to take all the slack out of the tarp around the handlebars and behind the windshield to stop it from flapping in the wind Curtis.

• Thanks
Reactions: CJR

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I just run a tiedown strap from a hole in the running board over the front of the seat to the other running board and tighten it up. It is enough tension to take all the slack out of the tarp around the handlebars and behind the windshield to stop it from flapping in the wind Curtis.

Gotcha, thanks.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Lisa's tore by the handlebars and we are getting the updated one on warranty. This tore from the wind on the freeway and flapping around. It ripped apart on our last trip. Nothing rubbing at all.

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Lisa's tore by the handlebars and we are getting the updated one on warranty. This tore from the wind on the freeway and flapping around. It ripped apart on our last trip. Nothing rubbing at all.

Maybe she needs to figure out which end goes over the handlebars....lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have been like snopro. Bungie cords from the running board over the seat. If I am on a slushy road trip, I take them to the car wash to get the salt out and let them dry real well in the shop. I still use the cover from my 2008 and my 2010. They are not ripped

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The rap clip cover beat the hell out of my sled last year , I don't even think this would help it .LOL http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/...2-95F6-5B23315D146A-5516-00000CAA0EFFA4CF.jpg

I use 4 bungie cords on our sleds. Have not replaced 1 BRP tarp yet. They only take a few extra minutes to put on and they stop the flapping and rubbing on the running boards. Friends wonder why but I have my factory tarp on my 08 summit still. Best is still a enclosed trailer BUT then you have to tow a trailer:nono:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea fawk tarping sleds sucks... Worst part of sledding IMO Enclosed trailer all the way.

Top Bottom