bell cumstomers beware.....my boycott

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
ok so i posted last night about having troubles with my phone.......here is the story.

bell has a spending cap....this is a limit that when you near it they are SUPPOSED TO WARN you so you can pay and bring it back down......i have never had a problem up untill now as my bills have always been paid in full monthly......

now i have been working out of town and making alot of lond distance calls, this bring my my bill up, with out warning 2 weeks ago my phone is disconnected. i call find out i am at my cap pay it all is well......one week later i hit my cap again.....hrmmmmm ok wtf i just put $200 on my bill....call in dont have time to argue, pay another $200, keep track thats 400 in a 2-3 week period.......call in on monday to ask why it is i am showing a credit of $360 dollars and still having my phone disconnected, the lady says the credit will be applied as soon as i near my cap again......ok

yesterday my phone is disconnected.....this time i cant even call bells 611 customer support (which wouldnt do any phuckin good because they're only opened untill phuckin 6:00, i have to use another phone to call bell who says i owe $150 dollars......i say well my account balance says i have a credit....now she's baffeled.....calls the account department and they tell her the credit cant be used untill my next bill is processed......ummmm why when i pay money is it going into a credit rather than onto my bill??? and i am told they cant reconnect, finally after a 1 hour fight they agree to reconnect me and clear it up when my bill is processed.......2 hours later........they cut my phuckin phone off again.....i have waster HOURS in the last week on the phone with them and have gone a grand total of 5 days with out my phone working because of this BS....needless to say my contract will be paid out and i will be switching providers......retodd can you get me a deal

k my rants done

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is complete BS. I would threaten them to just leave without buying the contract and fight them trying to collect it. They are not providing the service they are suppose to.

But the sad part is, i'm with rogers they are no better. It is a constant battle. Never had the phone disconnected but a LOT of problems with billing and being overcharged, etc. Not to mention, no reception anywhere it seems like. And my mom was with telus got fed up and went to bell.

So sadly I don't know if there's ANYONE who any good.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had Bell for 15 years......yes they are not perfect..........but there is a new mobile network in Edmonton and area it is called Wind.......they are small and only service the city and surrounding area right now but they will get bigger.........JS

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
oh i know they're all the same....but how in the hell can any one justify disconnecting a phone that has almost 400 in credit on the account....tell me i am almost at my spending cap but untill that bill goes though they cant use that credit to fix it.......it makes no sence at all....why when i pay my bill is it going to a credit in the first place why isnt it paying down my bill.......:realmad::rant:

That is complete BS. I would threaten them to just leave without buying the contract and fight them trying to collect it. They are not providing the service they are suppose to.

But the sad part is, i'm with rogers they are no better. It is a constant battle. Never had the phone disconnected but a LOT of problems with billing and being overcharged, etc. Not to mention, no reception anywhere it seems like. And my mom was with telus got fed up and went to bell.

So sadly I don't know if there's ANYONE who any good.

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These phones are all SSDP, they are all undependable.

They have us by the short and curly's, we should boycott and not make any calls or pay bills for a month in protest!

Maybe the service would get better, my old analogue phone worked at the top of Renshaw.....

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cutting off service with a credit on file.......almost sounds illegal.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cutting off service with a credit on file.......almost sounds illegal.

ALL companies do it! My dad just had that happen with atco gas. Got a notice, paid the bill, got another notice paid it yet again and went wtf, turned off the gas. Then charged a reconnection fee. All you can do is bend over and take it, don't pay they won't turn the gas back on. In the end they admitted it was 100% their mistake, and still said to bad your still paying the reconnection fee. They switched 1 house to a new account because it was 2 houses without letting him know, so he had a credit on one account owed on another like wtf.

Fawkers are all the same regardless of what type of company........

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ha, try dealing with telus.......

all these big companies seem terrible, i just dont carry a cell anymore. sat phone for emergencies and thats it.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I liked Rogers until it didnt work in BC, that was pretty chitty. Switched to Telus.

That is pretty fawked up what happened to you, I got tired of them cutting off my phone, and just hooked it up to my credit card.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
ahhh but see with bell even if i have it on pre pay if i rech my cap before my billing date it will only come off the card once the bill it processed still leaving me with no phone untill it is processed

I liked Rogers until it didnt work in BC, that was pretty chitty. Switched to Telus.

That is pretty fawked up what happened to you, I got tired of them cutting off my phone, and just hooked it up to my credit card.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
These phones are all SSDP, they are all undependable.

They have us by the short and curly's, we should boycott and not make any calls or pay bills for a month in protest!

Maybe the service would get better, my old analogue phone worked at the top of Renshaw.....

WTF? Oh and ya...that would work out very well...for your credit rating.

ahhh but see with bell even if i have it on pre pay if i rech my cap before my billing date it will only come off the card once the bill it processed still leaving me with no phone untill it is processed

You know where I am if you want to move.

bigdaddy35

Reaction score
My suggestions, having similar dealings with various service providers (not just phones):

1. Document the dates, times of each call. Make notes of what was said and document the name of the person you spoke with along with their employee number and direct phone number of the person. Most providers do not give last names, but they will give ther employee number and their direct c/b number.

2. Ask for confirmation via email in 24 hours that the correction has been made.

3. If no confirmation, call back. Explain the situation to the next call centre agent. See number 1. They will likely state there is no record of the conversation. Give them the information you kept from point 1 and 2 from your previous call. State you believe the service provider is in breach of the terms of your contract. That get's their attention.

4. Ask to speak with the supervisor. Repeat 1, 2 and 3.

5. Anticipate no confirmation from Supervisor in 24 hours. You may, but not likely. Call the supervisor back. Remind them of your situation and previous calls, then ask to speak to their manager directly. Do not agree to a call back, state you have already spoken to 2 call centre agents, and the supervisor and have been unsuccessful at resolving the situation. State you wish to be connected directly with the manager or some other person who has the authority to work with you to resolve the situation. State because the provider is in breach of the contract that you believe the contract is voided and if the situation cannot be resolved shortly, you will go to the media and contact a lawyer to discuss your options as the contract defines the obligations of both the customer and provider and clearly the provider has not met their obligations.

If you do this calmly without getting upset, it should resolve by #5. It usually takes a couple days, but it works for me.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ALL companies do it! My dad just had that happen with atco gas. Got a notice, paid the bill, got another notice paid it yet again and went wtf, turned off the gas. Then charged a reconnection fee. All you can do is bend over and take it, don't pay they won't turn the gas back on. In the end they admitted it was 100% their mistake, and still said to bad your still paying the reconnection fee. They switched 1 house to a new account because it was 2 houses without letting him know, so he had a credit on one account owed on another like wtf.

Fawkers are all the same regardless of what type of company........

Enmax, tried almost that same BS with me two years ago. Disconnected our power 2 days after we moved in to our house saying we never called for a hook up. This was on a saturday, so to get someone to come re-hook up our pwr was going to be $100:nono:
I was on the phone with them for about two hours but in the end pwr back on an $50 credit on our account.:d
They only walk on you if you let them.:beer:

Top Bottom