Beacon Search - Nov 8th

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be attending with or with out Katie (not sure if she works still).
I will bring both beacons so will have a spare for someone if they want to come and do not have one (if Katie comes Katie and myself can double up).

One thing I would like to do this year is slow things down a bit and focus more on double burial scenarios. We did kind of do a double burial last year but we were turning the first beacon off when we found it and continued on. This time I'd like to do a scenario of OK, you guys dig this guy out (Beacon still transmitting) and lets go find the other guy.

absolutely we can do that! I am waiting to hear if the guy that is supposed to be heading this years search is coming or not (work potentially got in the way). But yes I'd like to do more multiple burials.

Keep in mind that this is just for fun and isn't a sanctioned thing. I am by no means a professional. I just like to get together before the season starts with some friends and fellow sledders and practice. :)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
absolutely we can do that! I am waiting to hear if the guy that is supposed to be heading this years search is coming or not (work potentially got in the way). But yes I'd like to do more multiple burials.

Keep in mind that this is just for fun and isn't a sanctioned thing. I am by no means a professional. I just like to get together before the season starts with some friends and fellow sledders and practice. :)

good on you Krista! Keep up the good work!

Post pics of the event afterwards......

$15 to bury medler.......

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reminder to anyone wishing to join this year. We start tomorrow at 11am in the Berkley Gate Parking Lot for Nose Hill Park. See map below. Please dress accordingly, the high says +9 for tomorrow. I will be wearing my sledding boots and most of my other gear to keep warm and dry. All you need to do is bring your transceiver. I will have ziploc bags or spare gloves to hide transceivers in.

Once we have completed searches (should be around 1 or 1:30) we will head to Boston Pizza where I have a section just for us in the lounge where we can order some food, warm up and discuss and debrief from the day. This is meant to be a fun day to practice our searching skills, talk about the hazards in the back country and get stoked for the season ahead.

HRT Offroad kindly donated 12 Throttle Decision DVD's that I will give away at BP's and I have some stickers to hand out as well for anyone wanting any.

PS. Sorry if this isn't the best Engrish...I'm sick and in a fog at the moment. :)

BP's.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stuff to be won!! Will be given away at BP's.

image.jpg

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wish I could of made it to this, one of these years I'll make it to one of your Beacon search refresher days.

Last edited:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe for the next one, Snow and Mud could contribute some gear.

I'm looking forward to a fun day tomorrow :beer: :D

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for doing this again Krista! Always good to get more practice time in. Wish I chatted with more people there. Kind of just stuck to my search group, missed most of the S&M crew.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks again krista!!
If you didn't out in the effort to organize, I know I would not have gone out and practices by myself.
I too should have socialized a bit more. I know there were several SnM members there.
I did have a great conversation with Jeremy though!!
Thank you Jeremy for attending and lending your knowledge and expertise!
Is great to see someone as passionate as you about making our sport so much safer.....

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, nobody wanted to pull off the air bag yesterday, but I accidentally just blew off my Snowpulse vest today. Picked it up by the pull handle side, and that was enough to set it off. Exactly what a buddy of mine did last year.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would've liked to stay longer but we both had headaches and I had a crap load of stuff to do yesterday. But was fun none the less.
Sure hope that lady with the broken leg and pregnancy while intoxicated will recover from her injuries :).

she had a few drinks:beer: fell and broke her leg then got pregnant? Recovery? Guess we will know in about 9 months!!! lol:party: , and you went home with the headache.
icon10.gif

Last edited:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A comment was made with Rowdy screaming HELP HELP!! "Hope someone doesn't call the cops" !! LMAO.

Top Bottom