BC fuel hauling rules

evan3000

Reaction score
What the deal with hauling race fuel in bc? If i recall you can only haul two or three 5 gal jugs? I dont want to get caught having to leave this expensive fuel behind
Thanks

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just tried to read the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulation to find out. :confused::confused::confused: Holy crap! Here's the link....maybe someone else can figure this out!

mtnluvr

Reaction score
My understanding is that as long as you are carrying less than 100 gallons you should not need any documentation or placards for the dangerous goods. That is the rule commercially anyway.

magnet32

Reaction score
should be 500 Liters or500 kg whitch ever comes first. containers should be labeled unless it a jerry can. the limits don't apply to feul in the machine.

evan3000

Reaction score
I remembered what they gave me grief about, I had an empty barely of C12 in my trailer and they warned me that you can not haul fuel in barrels for what ever reason. I just thought they told me a limit but it sounds like I can legally carry more then I need . Thanks

magnet32

Reaction score
if it's a new drum ,sealed and secured properly,there should be nothing they can do,but a drum is a one use contanier,lol. i made a misstake earlyer,it's 450 liters or 500kg

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are crossing a ferry you are limited to 25l of extra fuel in one container. I imagine a drum would not qualify as a container.

I pulled the following from the BC Ferries website.

Gasoline: Approved spare containers of gasoline are permitted on our ferries, but only in limited amounts. The containers cannot exceed 25L.

RVs/vehicles may carry one spare container,
a boat towed behind a vehicle may carry two, and
a vehicle carrying a boat on top, may carry only one spare container.
Foot passengers are not allowed to carry gasoline on board.

BC Ferries - British Columbia Ferry Services Inc. - Experience the Difference

Just for anyone who may encounter a ferry on their trip.

mermaid

Reaction score
Most of you guys have a good idea about total amount ( 450 lts ) is the winner.... But keep in mind 80% of all firefighters in Canada are unpaid and may not have all the training as the big city boys.. Where do we ride ? My advice would be to go to your bulk plant and and get a small 1203 decal.
When ch!t happens your local firefighter would like to know what he is dealing with... Help out the guys and girls you need.. Cheers Mermaid

Top Bottom