Backwards engine Summit for Sale...interesting machine

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My younger brother managed to buy an 03 renagade prototype in 05 from a dealer in Ontario. He had no problem registering it. If I remember correctly the VIN was something like 000000007.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My younger brother managed to buy an 03 renagade prototype in 05 from a dealer in Ontario. He had no problem registering it. If I remember correctly the VIN was something like 000000007.
Some proto's could be sold to the public through a dealer and some not. For example the 07 proto XP's were resold but had to go through a retrofit before they could be resold. I believe Martin Equipment was responsible for that in 2007. I had one and then resold it to a consumer at the time.

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen that sled for sale about a year ago for $3500 with a blown 1000 in it on kijiji..... i think its a modded proto now

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the guy that built it was a BRP tech, I don't know if it was ever really a "prototype" because he built it in his shop from what I remember, regardless of the "VIN sticker" that is on it now (anything can be made).... It used a 1000 engine originally from what I recall. Maybe he got BRP to classify it as a prototype later on.

With the pipes turned around it was reported that it did make significantly more power due to the pipes not being limited in their expansion chamber design, I think the motor had some other work done as well though, maybe why it didnt last? Was a nice looking sled from what I remember, not so much now. Good luck on $7000.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll agree with dave its neat....but....I wouldn't even pay 400 hundo for that nightmare/piece of history.....

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy selling it just bought it. It was for sale on Kijiji in Loydminster a short time ago for around 4g. Wonder why he is selling it so shortly after buying it.

Top Bottom