Back on an XP

mcrc

Reaction score
Hi Guys, After two years without a sled i am back! I did not have a ton of cash to buy a new sled so I ended up buying a 2012 summit freeride with a 154.

I bought a XP when they first came out in 2008. Had belt problems that were easily sorted. Here is a vid of my first belt explosion.
https://youtu.be/DO5xuDT-ryY

Upgraded the suspension to floats all around and rode that sled for 4 years. I then bought a 2013 Xm 163 which I rode for two seasons. It was the best sled I ever owned and took me places I have never been able to access.

Here is a vid of one of my last trips on the XM
https://youtu.be/1xxY_0Hpg0w

i hope I did not make a mistake going back to the XP. The sled is like new and the 800 etec is one of the best engines ever. I went with the free ride because I love riding rough trails, finding cool jumps and drops. Here are some pictures of the new ride. Got rid of the noisy can. Repaired the hole it made in the belly pan due to poor mounting with an old licence plate. Got my GPS mounted so I have all my riding spots. Just need to figure out some storage and I am ready for the snow!

Anyone else "downgraded"?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 222
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 220
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 230
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im sure you wont be dissapointed my gf rides a 2012 summit 146 i took it for a rip last year in golden and it was still lots of fun even after jumping off my 872 the800 e tech
is still a blast to rip on

mcrc

Reaction score
So I got two days riding in blue river on the doo. Thanks to RMKpolaris and his buddy for meeting up with me. We had super deep snow and it was a good test. Unfortunately my GPS mount caused me some misfiring problems on the first day. Do not use the red plug by the oil tank for power! I love the etch power and the freeride shocks are the best I have ridden.

If the XP chassis had a slogan I would say it should be: " the xp will make you a stronger rider "forget p90 x , try xp 800 x. It will make you a stronger and better! These thing steer hard. Wow my arms are still pumped up. If I could ride this thing everyday I would be ripped. I want to ride it every day, it is great and I could us some more exercise.

IMG_1641.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1438.jpg
    IMG_1438.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1642.jpg
    IMG_1642.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 145
Top Bottom