Avie at Slocan Vally Skier`s

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not good news to hear! wether skiing or sledding both groups need to be aware of the dangers out there and realis that it just isnt worth it to push it or try and get that wicked line with the wicked snow. play safe and and live to ride another day

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard on radio news Avie at slocan Valley(Nelson Area) 1 dead and 4 others in the SKI group

Ya heard it too! Really sad when the danger warnings have been so high and available.:sad:

Was on 66CFR twice in a 10 min period a bit ago and no mention of wether its a sledder or skier.... funny.... but not ha ha funny!

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard on radio news Avie at snow water (Nelson Area) 1 dead and 4 others in the SKI group[/QUOTE

CBC's website says all 5 were buried but two self rescued and dug others out-i dead on scene, 1 unresponsive doesn't look good.

K

Kavaleen

It was a heli skier they said on CBC and they quoted the RCMP so that may be.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Condolences, sympathies, and prayers to the victims families and friends. Prayers for the rescuers so you can be strong in this time of turbulence. RIP for the victim(s).

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Condolences to the family and the friends that were there at the end..............

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:( Sorry to here of another death in the mountains, we sled very close to that heli-ski terrain sometimes. RIP and condolences to family and friends.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CTV news in Calgary just reported that the second skier that was in critical condition has succumbed to there injuries and died as well. Very sad for the heli skiing community and another family.

BirdieO

Reaction score
This is so sad. My thoughts and prayers are with the friends, family and rescuers

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
too sad and it continues to happen too often. thoughts and condolences go out to anyone ever touched by these unfortunate circumstances.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP. The life of a ski guide is a tough one. Imagine how he / she feels about the fact that their terrain assessment caused the death of 2 clients. That is the reason I got out of the biz. Ski guides are tip toeing around the mountains right now.

Condolences to everyone involved.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP. The life of a ski guide is a tough one. Imagine how he / she feels about the fact that their terrain assessment caused the death of 2 clients. That is the reason I got out of the biz. Ski guides are tip toeing around the mountains right now.

Condolences to everyone involved.

did you see the latest info? i believe they were waiting for the heli to pick them up.

Top Bottom