Avalanche Survivor

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow never thought of wildlife getting caught in avi's feel good story. tks,

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess it is pretty common. Mountain boo's are also victims.

If I were in this situation, I would also do the same. Good work to the fellow sled heads!!

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a nice story but i wouldn't want to be around when that grizzly bear comes cruising his area after the Big Sleep looking for his first meal and finds out he got ripped off.:dMite have to go to Safeway and buy him a 1/2 a steer just to bring mother nature back into equal balance.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Awesome story and may the boys have the Karma come around.

Over the years, I have found 2 sheep ( I have the horns hanging in my shop) and a couple of goats that were buried in avalanches. All dead, with the ravens and eagles picking on the remains.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I were in this situation, I would also do the same. Good work to the fellow sled heads!!

Kudos to them for doing what they did.....but I'm not sure I would have. A cow Moose is a pretty unpredictable animal. Hope I'm never faced with that decision. :dunno:

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know exactly what your sayin good on these guys but I have a previous experience with pictures from my wife with a bull moose charging & standing over top of my sled at boulder. I still remember that clearly like it was yesterday!!!
Kudos to them for doing what they did.....but I'm not sure I would have. A cow Moose is a pretty unpredictable animal. Hope I'm never faced with that decision. :dunno:

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we all end up doing our best to help how ever that is!!!! and im glad to be part of a community that does things like this. anyone that says sledders are lazy and make a mess of the back country doesn't know sledders. I think that sledders just want to help and it really doesn't matter if your on a doo, poo, cat or a moose you help them out when they are stuck!.

good on you guys.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a nice story but i wouldn't want to be around when that grizzly bear comes cruising his area after the Big Sleep looking for his first meal and finds out he got ripped off.:dMite have to go to Safeway and buy him a 1/2 a steer just to bring mother nature back into equal balance.
Ummm Grizzly's are hibernating and wont come out of there den for along time lol!

Last edited:
Top Bottom