Avalanche in valemount today !! Omg ...

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
I just seen on Global News that a AVALANCHE happened in Valemount

2 were Trapped 1 got out ....1 did NOT ....

I can't beleive this is Happening....

My Condolences to ALL Family & Friends....

Thats ALL I KNOW....

Last edited:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
S&R from Mcbride was called to an avy in Clemina. 2 down, 1 made it, the other did not. Heli'ed out before we got there. Sad so close to home.

rmking10

Reaction score
Just got down from Allan Creek. Saw the helicopter and Rcmp in the parking lot at Clemina. Not a good sign. A group at our hotel said that on person was buried pretty deep and did not make. Apparently yesterday one guy managed to out run a slide at Clemina. If your gonna ride stay away from anything that looks sketchy. RIDE SAFE RIDE HOME.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, Barry is correct, but that's all I know as well. Terrible news, very sorry for all involved.

Pls stick to the low land, and make it home.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please everyone, I am not liking all this sad news in our sport, PLAY IN THE SAFE AREAS for the next couple of weeks untill this danger passes or drops a bit more. I was riding today so was lucky not to have had to go out on this call. Not liking the idea of having to dig or retrieve someone's DAD, BROTHER or HUSBAND out of a cold and premature grave.
Sorry to the people involved and next of kin.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had to say this far too much this year but my condolences to the family.

Went to the Zacs Tracs AST 1 course in Leduc this week and Lori had a good quote. This is not a year to be a climber, if you are the one who drives straight to the biggest hill you can find and goes for a highmark, this year you are riding a weapon...

Play safe everyone

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our condolences and prayers go out to the famaly and freinds and all that were involved.. This year there are some area's that i REALLY hope people stay away from.. You can go up the mtn's and play all day long and burn all of your gas and not get close to bad avvy area's.. When i go up the mtn's right now i go and play in the meadows and area's that are not prone to avvy's or you can tell that they've slid already and you can tell that slope is safe.. This way i get to come home safe at the end of the day...

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow I am blown away so close to home...My prayers and well wishes to all family and friends Ride safe boys would hate to hear about any more losses this year when we know how unsafe the conditions are

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is so unfortunate....please, please, please sledders in B.C. Go play in the meadows, low elevation, clearcuts, even the groomed trails. Stay away from the risky avalanche areas, they are all very prone to slide right now with the unstable base layer and all it takes is perhaps the vibration from that sled to let it all loose. We all love sledding in the mountains, but there comes a time when you have to really look at the big picture. Is it really worth leaving my family and loved ones behind? I don't want to see our sport's name taken in a negative way, but there have been far too many deaths this year in B.C.'s backcountry. It doesn't give our sport a very positive outlook when every second or third day another avalanche claims a snowmobiler. STAY OUT OF THE HIGH ELEVATION AREAS!!! GO HOME ALIVE!!!

The Warden

Reaction score
Website
www.jailhousebb.com
Details about this latest loss are still pretty sketchy. I just watched the CTV late night news, and basically all they are saying is what we already know. Two were buried, only one made it out alive. :(

Very very sad! Thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the victim.:Ccry:

sleddude

Reaction score
:( Sorry to hear what happened. My condolences to the families affected by this incident. Please everyone play it safe and stay off the hills until conditions improve.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Clagary CTV.News just said it was a Group of 7 ....

2 Buried only 1 Survived....

15 Deaths this Season.... Skiers , Snowmobilers , Hikers

I also heard that a Skier Died in Blue River a Few Weeks ago....

He Was Skiing with 1 of Mike Weigele Guides and His Group... Fell into a " Tree Hole "....

They were NOT able to revive Him.....

Weird.... that never hit the T.V. News....

Sooooo Many Angels called to Duty this Season...

To Many GOOD Die Young !

megatron customs

Reaction score
it was at the hill climb hill i talked to my buddies that were invloved just crazy wow only one got barried.

My prayers and well wishes to all family and friends

Top Bottom