Arizona Homes ????

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying a home in central Arizona (Lake Havasu ??). Anyone have any feedback on that area and the US home buying situation in general.............Good or bad. Some wonderful homes,for a fraction of the cost of up here. Want it just for a winter getaway ,and a place to ride dessert & dunes...........:confused:

Last edited:

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Have a place In Phoenix (between Mesa and Florence). Prices are still great in the area. They keep building and all it is canadians buying it up

The area your looking at is pricey. Not many lakes down there so it's gonna cost ya dearly

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love lake havasu, but like stevo10 says $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Be very careful on who you use as an agent. Just research and homework. Good luck

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it seems a little pricey ,but i like being about 2 hours to the dunes,vegas,California, etc etc. That is one nice lake to jet ski on too..........

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need a poolboy? I realize most of them are young, buff, and good looking...but I work cheap.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry,that`s nancy`s call.........................However if you check the show&shine thread i MIGHT of found something to keep you busy.....
I got some side nets for a RZR for ya too ...............Will trade for average quality wiskey,around the fire..............

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Global tv just had a 4part series on houses down there. There was a real estate guy from Calgary I think that was selling to a lot of canuckle heads. Do your research just like anything else I guess

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
seen one part of that series... realtor said he has only sold to cdns. guess it makes sense, 300 - 400 out of 1200 homes at our community is from the great white north.

with
Lake Havasu only other problem i see there is no major airport there. Either have to fly out of Vegas or Phoenix. pretty good situation being between those places although!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry,that`s nancy`s call.........................However if you check the show&shine thread i MIGHT of found something to keep you busy.....
I got some side nets for a RZR for ya too ...............Will trade for average quality wiskey,around the fire..............

Awesome...I'll even splurge for mid-high grade whiskey. Is Ray gonna start said fire? I hope not...I heard he kinda sucks at it.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a rumor a while back to be very careful buying homes in the US as they nail you with some state taxes after the purchase. I don't know if this applies to Arizona.

mtnluvr

Reaction score
I just came back from a week in Phoenix and I was looking into purchasing a vacation home. I think it would be a great investment, although I found when I was down there that I can rent a 4 br home with pool and spa for $1000 - $1200 per month! The place I was staying cost $1000 in gas to heat the pool alone! Would be nice to have a place to call your own but its not cost effective for me. Maybe when I'm closer to retirement.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I just came back from a week in Phoenix and I was looking into purchasing a vacation home. I think it would be a great investment, although I found when I was down there that I can rent a 4 br home with pool and spa for $1000 - $1200 per month! The place I was staying cost $1000 in gas to heat the pool alone! Would be nice to have a place to call your own but its not cost effective for me. Maybe when I'm closer to retirement.

For myself i wouldn't buy for a place just to stay at, I can think of alot of tropical vactions to take for the same price rather than staying in the middle of now where because it's warm.
The reason people are buying is because you can buy a $400,000 house for $100,000 because of the poor economy right now. then you go down vacation a few times in the winter rent it out whatever then when the economy turns back around ...which it will and the house prices will creep back up may take 10 years but it will get back to the 400K price then sell I don't know of any RRSP's paying out 400%
There is 6 people at my work that own houses in and around Phoenix and all seem happy with the results. My Boss owns a beautiful house in Maricopa 15min outside Phoenix which is a nice city where the homes are no older than 6 years old he bought it a year and half ago for $60,000 he said he can now sell it for double what he paid or for a quick sale let it go for 100K easy peasy but he is going to hold out a few years

As for Lake Havasu you must think Fort Mac real estate is cheap big price for a shack. Go for the outlying areas sleeper communities like Maricopa AZ big new houses cheap

Top Bottom