Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000i H.O

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should all focus on spending more time on the internet on the weekends instead of actually riding .....If we try really hard we to can be wicked keyboard/internet riders.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep. cat sucks balls. even the 800 rzr has the commander in magazine shootouts. the wildcat hasnt even been in the same tests. doubt that cat could make somethin decent unless they get involved with kawi again. just my opinion. lol

you mean the 800 commander? thats probable. but ive driven the 1000 commander and the 800 rzr and the 1000 deff has it beat in power forsure.

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
you mean the 800 commander? thats probable. but ive driven the 1000 commander and the 800 rzr and the 1000 deff has it beat in power forsure.
nope he's correct with the 1000, there's more to a shootout than just power, and power is the only thing the commander has going for it, and the 800rzr has it beat off the line up to about 50 feet, due to superiour clutching, it fails in every other aspect, weight, ride, handling, steering.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope he's correct with the 1000, there's more to a shootout than just power, and power is the only thing the commander has going for it, and the 800rzr has it beat off the line up to about 50 feet, due to superiour clutching, it fails in every other aspect, weight, ride, handling, steering.

ahh i see. i assumed shootout meant a race

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody said that it doesn't work. We're saying that given arctic cats recent track record for reliability, it's not likely to work for very long. If you've already made up your mind that youre going to buy it then why are you on here asking for our opinions and impressions? Go buy it then, just don't come back here whining and crying when your 16,000 dollar toy is in the shop for the 4th time and you're blaming your dealer for not getting it fixed in time for the weekend because he's got 9 other broken wildcats and thundercats to fix before he gets to yours. It'll be nobody's fault but your own.

I'm always amazed at the nonscense that some people come up with? I would really like to know where these people get their facts?? :confused: This thread was about the Wildcat but somehow turned into a bunch of children bashing something they know nothing about. Wow. Makes me wonder why I even log on sometimes?

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm always amazed at the nonscense that some people come up with? I would really like to know where these people get their facts?? :confused: This thread was about the Wildcat but somehow turned into a bunch of children bashing something they know nothing about. Wow. Makes me wonder why I even log on sometimes?
I personally have yet to see a prowler or newer model cat ATV finish a ride without some sort of mechanical trouble. Given that the wildcat is built by the same company using many of the same components as these machines I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say it will probably be a lemon as well. Go ahead and tell me you've never had a problem with your thundercat... given your list of toys I would hardly qualify your impressions as unbiased. I don't give a damn what name is on the front; I will endorse those machines I know from experience to be solid and steer people away from those I know to be junk. This thread started with a guy asking us what we thought about the wildcat...myself and others have chimed in with our opinions. If those opinions don't fall in line with your brand loyalties well that's too bad. Please remain seated and one of my associates will fetch you a bucket to cry in.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally have yet to see a prowler or newer model cat ATV finish a ride without some sort of mechanical trouble. Given that the wildcat is built by the same company using many of the same components as these machines I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say it will probably be a lemon as well. Go ahead and tell me you've never had a problem with your thundercat... given your list of toys I would hardly qualify your impressions as unbiased. I don't give a damn what name is on the front; I will endorse those machines I know from experience to be solid and steer people away from those I know to be junk. This thread started with a guy asking us what we thought about the wildcat...myself and others have chimed in with our opinions. If those opinions don't fall in line with your brand loyalties well that's too bad. Please remain seated and one of my associates will fetch you a bucket to cry in.

You're truely are a piece of work buddy. Sounds like you have a competitive issue with the Cat brand. Thats OK. You can let it go, thats alright. No one really cares. :):beer:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh by the way... my t-cat has been a pleasure to own. Not a single issue. I only have 700 miles on it. It is crazy powerful and it make me smile everytime i give it a rip. Thats all I care about. I hope the Wildcat owners get the same enjoyment from their machines!

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
same not a single prob with my tcat only one rear stock axle which was my doing with lift n springs. my 1000 has been great so has the gfs renegade both are great quads imo

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we bought our first Ranger, lots of people told us to stay away from it, nothing but junk. 10 years later...we're on our 3rd one, never anything more than regular maintenance. My advice to you Gymbrat, is take all the advice you get with a grain of salt...trail conditions, driver's capabilities, attitude, etc...it all plays a part of the reviews you get. I personally wouldn't buy anything in it's premier year, but that's just me...I think you should buy one, and I'll take it out and give you an honest opinion.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
same not a single prob with my tcat only one rear stock axle which was my doing with lift n springs. my 1000 has been great so has the gfs renegade both are great quads imo

X2all my ac's have been extremely reliable. The wildcat has the GEN3 951 so hopefully it can be just as reliable.
http://m.passionperformance.ca/atv/articles/15249/

Last edited:

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you want to try one out head over to T&T Powersports in Bonnyville. We have a Demo on the floor just waiting to hit the trails.

Great Pumpkin

Reaction score
Here is an honest opinon from people that have been driving one since march 8. We have had or currently have polaris, suzki, and yamaha wheeled toys. We are not brand loyal to any one with these type of toys. Turning radius of these is a bit bigger than one would think they should be, but once you get to know the handling and capabilty of the unit you will be suprised how tight you can turn when you use steering wheel and the throttle. Seems to add to fun factor as well. As for wc clutch system. These type of clutch systems never have been or will be a break neck performance set up. They are more for durability. Is it possible to up grade yes. Talk to out fits like airdam, red flame tec, epi and speedwrex. Does the stock clutching work. So far yes. We ran the stock tires, and are now running 28 outlaw radials. We are not running the unit in low gear. We are using 4 high lock only to see the abuse it can take. So far no belt issues at all. The area we are in has been mostly bush riding in snow. Have found very little mud so possible issues could rise in future. Hoping to have 30 radials for first part of april. My opion is that the stock set up will work for 80% of the people that buy this thing. Has there been issuses with power train set up. As thus far no. Not sure of excat mileage, but it is over 100. It is not getting treated gently. If something is going to break. Want to find out before warranty expires. Accessiory wise. They are slow coming. It needs fender extenders for sure. Throws just as much in the unit as it does outside of it. Above the front tires is fairly open. Exposing oil cooler and brake cyclinder to flying debris from front tires. Some well placed pieces of rubber or aluminum in these areas should be installed. To help keep rocks and mud from getting in and doing damage. Just my opinion. Is there mod stuff available yes. Talk to muzzy, ron davis racing, mcx usa, speedwerx. Does the suspesion work. Crazy yes. Little more preload on springs (one turn). 2 and 4 clicks on front and rear shocks wow it works. Is there going to be bent suspesion parts due to where their located. Don't doubt it. How one drives their unit will be big factors. We got lucky and were able to do a fair amount of demo rides last year before making decision. I suggest you do same. Yes it is a first year unit. Don't doubt that there will be changes from cat over time. For some reason like being public r&d seem to learn more over time. Honestly having crazy fun right now. Can't wait for season change to try some more. Happy hunting.

Last edited:

aksnopro

Reaction score
My prowler xtx 700 ate a few axles (my own fault put big tires on it and wasnt being nice)

Other then that 1500 miles with a valve adjustment, snorkle, it has held up great. I am highly abusive and haul out moose and caribou out of two week long hunting trips in alaska backcountry, the flat bed is badass for hauling action packers ect ect. Loving mine, and it always stsrts and im still on the first belt!

Also have a 2012 hcr, aside from free belts i have had less issues with this sled then any other, quite buying into the hype online and try these things. Loving my hcr!

What good is that top speed if you have to let off? The wildcat suspension will hold you lower to the ground letting you bank corners faster.

I was really hoping they were going to put the 1100 turbo motor in it, hahaha....

But i have always beena suspension man, you can make power, suspension travel and geometry is harderto adjust.

I have never had a warranty claim denied from car and parts are cheaper across the board theb polaris for those oops i just effed up moments..

Made in the usa not mexico!

-Aksnopro

Great Pumpkin

Reaction score
Hey Culvert. Wondering how your parts for the wildcat are coming in. Have you guys received any yet. If so whats on hand.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to fire up the debate, but just read the wildcat won its class and second overall in the Utv class at king of the hammers. It was near stock as it had only been relseased for two weeks before it showed up to race. I'd say it's durable, I'm just questioning how waterproof it's gonna be.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A twenty foot mud puddle ,is not relly waterproof............lol. Get her up to the dash for a few weeks,in sticky clay mud.................:confused:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were a couple at the rally last weekend. I think they were both running 30" silverbacks. They went everywhere and didn't seem to have any issues getting through holes. The people were just coated in mud though. Didn't look like much fun. I was told neither one finished the rally, but quit after the half way point. Not sure if it from mechanical issues, or just being cold.

Top Bottom