Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000i H.O

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep. cat sucks balls. even the 800 rzr has the commander in magazine shootouts. the wildcat hasnt even been in the same tests. doubt that cat could make somethin decent unless they get involved with kawi again. just my opinion. lol

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Artic crap blows wildcat is only good for dunes imo

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
Can Am will settle this the same way it aways does. With a massive release that dominates the competetion. Cant wait for 2013. I just hope it puts huge emphasis on the suspension like cat did.

If i had to buy this moment based on pure fun factor, the wildcat would be the clear winner. We have assume the wildcat is solid until proven otherwise.
you should pass some of that weed around

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i suggest a new name for this website....brandloyal.com. I think people get way to defensive when somebody thinks that they didnt buy or like the same product that they do on here. Its all a matter of preference and what type of riding you do.

I dont mod, cause i dont have the free time to be wrenching all day every day. As for type of riding i like to be going fast and i can see the wildcat has superior suspension out of the gate. The fun Factor for me would be found with the Wildcat, but it doesnt mean they arnt all a blast.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody said that it doesn't work. We're saying that given arctic cats recent track record for reliability, it's not likely to work for very long. If you've already made up your mind that youre going to buy it then why are you on here asking for our opinions and impressions? Go buy it then, just don't come back here whining and crying when your 16,000 dollar toy is in the shop for the 4th time and you're blaming your dealer for not getting it fixed in time for the weekend because he's got 9 other broken wildcats and thundercats to fix before he gets to yours. It'll be nobody's fault but your own.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can Am will settle this the same way it aways does. With a massive release that dominates the competetion. Cant wait for 2013. I just hope it puts huge emphasis on the suspension like cat did.

If i had to buy this moment based on pure fun factor, the wildcat would be the clear winner. We have assume the wildcat is solid until proven otherwise.
Yes way to much of brand loyalty on here............If you like going fast,900XP,nothing faster out of the box!!!!

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes way to much of brand loyalty on here............If you like going fast,900XP,nothing faster out of the box!!!!

I pefer can- am/ brp for serveral reasons, the biggest being my dealer is close and super wicked, but it doesnt close the doors on other products. Im willing to admit when something is better, cause at the end of the day its not about what badge it has, its about how much fun i have with it. Ive never spoken about wildcat reliability , i just spoke about fun factor and that suspension = huge fun no matter how you look at it.

Time will tell how the wildcat performs, but if it holds together equal 2 or or better then the competetion i believe the wildcat will be a huge success based on its ability over the others.

Other then that it may be a little underpowered, but in reailty they are all underpowered, and all need mods to make the HP that is ideal.

As for buying it, im not sold yet, i dont buy unless i demo first. Who knows it might be a rzr in my garage, or maybe nothing cause i feel the UTV market is just taking off and the next few years will produce some real awesome products

Also this is not my thread

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol, considering it has arctic cat written all over it, I wouldn't assume its solid, thats for sure, especially after the sled year they just had, hahahahaha.
This is a side by side thread

Last edited:

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
Cats sled yr is second to none. They had a few m800 motors burn up due to pdi issues in November. Oncethat was addressed the cat sleds are proven as reliable especially for a first year sled. How about the m1100 other than reverse issues that sleds tough as hell. I ride with 3 and they all got over 1200 miles to the first belt. Not bad for a first yr mountain sled. Where's doo's 4 stroke. That sleds a toilet and its been out 4 yes already Man. There's not a sled released to date with more problems than ski doo xp in 2008. Thats one sled that should have been recalled. But yet doo came out with the 2009 xp that had a record 63 updates in design. But back to the topic, I'm not a fan of arctic cats atv or utvs. Arctic cat sleds are proven to be tough and long lasting.
HOLY FAUK man, where have you been hiding, its obvious you have no clue, go on HCS, this year's cats have been the worst sleds to date, hands down, lets see, burning to the ground, blowing belts every 100 miles or so, twisting tunnels, bad idler wheels, no reverse, blowing head lights like there is no tomorow, chain cases blowing up non stop, a few track problems, clutches seizing up (with less than 100 miles on some), and these are just a few of the problems, not all of them....but ya, they are a good sled for $13000+.

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
Cats sled yr is second to none. They had a few m800 motors burn up due to pdi issues in November. Oncethat was addressed the cat sleds are proven as reliable especially for a first year sled. How about the m1100 other than reverse issues that sleds tough as hell. I ride with 3 and they all got over 1200 miles to the first belt. Not bad for a first yr mountain sled. Where's doo's 4 stroke. That sleds a toilet and its been out 4 yes already Man. There's not a sled released to date with more problems than ski doo xp in 2008. Thats one sled that should have been recalled. But yet doo came out with the 2009 xp that had a record 63 updates in design. But back to the topic, I'm not a fan of arctic cats atv or utvs. Arctic cat sleds are proven to be tough and long lasting.
because I like you so much, I'll give you some free educating...read away;

My 2012 Cat F-1100 Turbo - HCS Snowmobile Forums

$UCK-YOU arctic cat my 4377m report - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Artic Cat Recalls Another 19,000 Sleds! BAHAHAHAHA - HCS Snowmobile Forums

all the ch!t you are hearing about the 2012 cats.... - HCS Snowmobile Forums

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sleds have litlle to do with this thread...............
However i was in Glamis, AC had wildcats there. Talked to their engineer for quite a while..........he more or less said they cut a lot of corners in development because of AC`s recent financial situation and the economy .AC lost a LOT of market share and value with it`s prowlers. by their own admmission .
I did not drive one, but there performance in terms of power and reliability was VERY disspointing from what i saw,first hand.
The guy from UTV INC. (Johny) has wrote about his findings,and he knows his utv`s as good as any one.He was pretty unimpressed to say the least.........

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
The sleds have litlle to do with this thread...............
However i was in Glamis, AC had wildcats there. Talked to their engineer for quite a while..........he more or less said they cut a lot of corners in development because of AC`s recent financial situation and the economy .AC lost a LOT of market share and value with it`s prowlers. by their own admmission .
I did not drive one, but there performance in terms of power and reliability was VERY disspointing from what i saw,first hand.
The guy from UTV INC. (Johny) has wrote about his findings,and he knows his utv`s as good as any one.He was pretty unimpressed to say the least.........
you are 100% correct, this thread is about sxs's, not sleds, my point being if the same engineers that designed AC's new sleds, are the same ones that designed the wildcat, then I wouldn't put much trust into it.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dought it is the same engineers,however i get what you are saying..........For example: the wildcat was supposed to have 95 + hp with ALOT of engine upgrades over the prowler 1000, looks like that got fazed out along the way to save a buck..........As i have said many times before,it is all about sales !!! With out profit ,you have no R&D, with out R&D you fall behind and sales fall as well leaving less cash to improve your product.........ETC ETC. I think that is where Cat finds itself in the ATV/UTV business.

Cat has not changed their atvs significantly since they came out,and sales show it.............NOW ,Canam on the other hand ,they build the product everyone wants..............Same with Polaris and RZR`S,it is pretty tough for the others to "catch up"..........

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
Got a friend who bought 900xp, he is born in fire Yamaha man. But he bought what he thought would be best sxs. Has had it out a couple times now loves it ,,hands down. All stock but had to chop the cage for it to fit in trailer. SAys fuel milage and ride are amazing,...oh and the power is ok for a poo. Also says it looks fairly easy to service, plugs,air filter, oil things like that are accesible. wich I think is important. its nice to be able to service somethin without blowin it apart.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people are sure in denial about some brands but I guess that's their right buy what you like and ps the 2012 cat sleds are junk have drove a few only one impressed me

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HOLY some times the brand loyal guys just amaze me. Ive heard nothing but good about the wild cats suspension, I have heard nothing but good about the 900rzr power, Ive heard the commandars are fun but $$$$$.

They all have there pros and cons .....Isint the world great? we all have a choice so heres what you do...... go test drive them all, which ever puts the biggest smile on your face is the one for you.

Personally i would buy a wild cat because my dealer ROCKS!!! He would bend over backwards to help me out so that makes my choice easy.

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
HOLY some times the brand loyal guys just amaze me. Ive heard nothing but good about the wild cats suspension, I have heard nothing but good about the 900rzr power, Ive heard the commandars are fun but $$$$$.

They all have there pros and cons .....Isint the world great? we all have a choice so heres what you do...... go test drive them all, which ever puts the biggest smile on your face is the one for you.

Personally i would buy a wild cat because my dealer ROCKS!!! He would bend over backwards to help me out so that makes my choice easy.
problem with your theory is alot of dealers simply don't have demo sxs's for every tom dick and harry to come try out, I know none of the dealers in my town have any demo units.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you know what you do then ??????

FIND ANOTHER DEALER!!!!!! if they wont let a prospective customer try out a product then they arnt much of a dealer are they????

Now im not saying a dealer should give a key to anyone and everyone, but with a creditcard deposit and an employee to go along with you for a test drive your dealer should make it happen. If a dealer wont go the extra mile to SELL you something what do you think they are going to be like to get service thru them later on.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HOLY FAUK man, where have you been hiding, its obvious you have no clue, go on HCS, this year's cats have been the worst sleds to date, hands down, lets see, burning to the ground, blowing belts every 100 miles or so, twisting tunnels, bad idler wheels, no reverse, blowing head lights like there is no tomorow, chain cases blowing up non stop, a few track problems, clutches seizing up (with less than 100 miles on some), and these are just a few of the problems, not all of them....but ya, they are a good sled for $13000+.
Where have I been hiding. I have been in revy. Every weekend since november. I ride a Yami but most of my group is cat. So I am not a keyboard sledder who bases forum chat on reliability. The guys I ride with actually have high miles on there's and no worries. That's what I've seen. But as I said I don't trust cat atv and Utv
B

Top Bottom