arctic cat mountain cat 800 efi

wesamber

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a 2000 arctic cat mountain cat 800 efi that has absolutely no spark, but all the electrical is working. And my girlfriend rides a 1994 polaris indy xlt 600 that has no spark as well but all electrical works as well.PLease if someone could help me out that would be awesome. Thank you.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do you mean electrical still works ?????please give more details

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That does not make any sense at all....:confused: I agree give some more info pls..

wesamber

Reaction score
Sorry i should have been more explanatory. What i mean is that when you pull the recoil the headlight and tail light light up but then nothing else happens. Does that mean anything. I dont know how to test any other electrical to narrow down the problem to see whether it is the stator the cdi box or the coil. You cant hear the fuel injection system or anything kick in. It is just dead. Have unplugged all switches to the key and kill switch. Hopefully that is enough information but if not just reply with questions that hopefully we can answer. Thankyou.

OLIVE DRAB DEAN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coils shot??

I would go with the "coil is shot" also. When you pull on it, is there spark at your plugs? Did you check all your wire connections? Try all the simple things first before you look at the stator or CDI. My 03 was running crappy and i couldn't figure it out, thought the fuel regulator was pooched, then found a cut wire to the temp sensor that puts the sled in a rich mode for safety. good luck.

wesamber

Reaction score
When i pull the recoil there is absolutely no spark at the plugs, I took a light tester, and pulled the recoil and there is no power going into the coil. I have checked all wire connections and there is no cracked wires or broken wires, all the connections look good. Thank you.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well then I would definately say its the coil.
But its somewhat strange that they would both go at the same time.
Maybe you are in a void in the universe where the coil just won't work ??
Just Kidding!!

Last edited:

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and good for you cause coils are ALOT cheeper then stators was at my local dealer on thurs and some guy almost fell over when he found the stator would cost him 800 just for part.....Supprised he's not on the parts rant thread :)

wesamber

Reaction score
Yeah i am not exactly sure, buti have taken into a shop so i guess i will find out what they have to say. Thnks for all your help everyone but i am sure we will chat soon about more stuff. Because my girlfriend is having problems with her sled as well. Thanks guys!!!!!!!

wesamber

Reaction score
hey guys sorry to bother you again buti have a question or two for all, I was wondering if anyone knew where to look for a used hood or windshield for a 1997 arctic cat powder extreme 600. Thank you.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a 2000 arctic cat mountain cat 800 efi that has absolutely no spark, but all the electrical is working. And my girlfriend rides a 1994 polaris indy xlt 600 that has no spark as well but all electrical works as well.PLease if someone could help me out that would be awesome. Thank you.

two things, always give as much info as possible, that way its easier to help u out

1- take off the coils and take them to a dealer to test- tell them what there off of, we do it for free, - thats the easiest, Of course you already but new plugs right?..... also have the dealer check ur plug caps they can go as well

thats the cheaper part......

2- take the sled in and get the stator tested, this will probably cost you 20-40 bucks, take of the recoil it will save u cash...

if the stator is shot - check if you can replace separate coils , could be just the internal ignition coil,

if you cant get the coils separate, then price around and ask for a deal, us dealers generally have compassion ..... so be nice when u go in and make sure u ask them to let u know your options...

you can buy used or rebuilt but there is no warranty on used and rebuilt aren t much cheaper than a new one with a discount...

if its any consolation, we havent done too many 800 stators.,, lots of 600cc-1998-2000 and a couple 500.s.

any issues or problems contact us and when will be happy to help you out.

Terry

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go with the "coil is shot" also. When you pull on it, is there spark at your plugs? Did you check all your wire connections? Try all the simple things first before you look at the stator or CDI. My 03 was running crappy and i couldn't figure it out, thought the fuel regulator was pooched, then found a cut wire to the temp sensor that puts the sled in a rich mode for safety. good luck.

I have to agree, The coils are shot. Especially if no spark is seen at the at the plugs. Unless the plug ends are no good.

frmr

Reaction score
what all do yua know about this rich mode im havin some issues with my 03 mauntian cat 800

when i go full bore she bogs down to about 6000 an then u have to burp it acouple times then it goes back to about 8500 for a couple min then back down

Top Bottom