April 21 2012 8 Peeps, Sleddin' High Alpine in Alberta

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just can't see that happening anytime soon, hehe

tex ya missed a good one is all i can say, if there is any way to access ya could go again.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few more Wicked shots of last Sat! Amazing scenery...

IMG_0412.jpg .
IMG_0422.jpg
IMG_0428.jpg
IMG_0429.jpg
IMG_0440.jpg
photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo 4.jpg

Last edited:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Larry I think I tracked down the photo of your trailer graffiti! Maybe if I post the Pic we can determine who would have done such a thing...

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked like alot of fun! I've been trying to get into the west country on a sled for years and everytime there is never enough snow. Last year I found a little but not much that had enough on it to ride. I must learn the secret location :cool:!

Could you get sleds up to the snow on a side by side or quad pulling a sled trailer?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trails pretty skinny by now with this warm ch!t. I was going to go with them but work came up.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Last edited:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked like alot of fun! I've been trying to get into the west country on a sled for years and everytime there is never enough snow. Last year I found a little but not much that had enough on it to ride. I must learn the secret location :cool:!

Could you get sleds up to the snow on a side by side or quad pulling a sled trailer?

Could you get sleds up to the snow on a side by side or quad pulling a sled trailer? Do your research for the dates to be able to run Offroad vehicles in the area... Fines are hefty otherwise :(

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not bad pull, you know those blue gas cans weight more than the red ones don't ya. different plastic.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked like alot of fun! I've been trying to get into the west country on a sled for years and every time there is never enough snow. Last year I found a little but not much that had enough on it to ride. I must learn the secret location :cool:!

ABSOLUTELY no quads, SXS or trucks allowed in the area, Feb 1 to July 1 2012, do not even entertain the idea, you will get this area shut down, and no sledding after April 30 2012. i will turn ya in if i see ya out there, we only have a few areas left and don't want to lose what we have due to stupidity.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These sledding videos amaze me, from the persons perspective at the base with the cam, these hills sure dont look very bad or steep, but i bet they are pretty freaky once going up them eh?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definitly not for the faint of heart, i'd say 750 to 1500 ft verticle climb. 7400 ft at the bottom 8000 t0 8500 ft at the top. no trees anywhere, 30 to 40+ degree slope, you won't be able to go up with your quad. fantastic scenery, you can only see if you hike or horseback, no quads are allowed. you can also visit on a time frame in the winter.

did i say awesome, thank god i can visit once in a while. hoping for snow for another visit this weekend.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure looks like some fantastic views form all the pics ive seen this winter from various places

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bob if we could quad in there, we would all be there all summer, screw work. it is awesome, i just can't tell ya any other way. i do have an extra sled, looks like snow coming, ya want to go and see for yourself?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Is that lake still froze, I know last year she was gettin thin when we were back there, and this year has been much warmer...

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bob if we could quad in there, we would all be there all summer, screw work. it is awesome, i just can't tell ya any other way. i do have an extra sled, looks like snow coming, ya want to go and see for yourself?
id love to one day maybe see some of that scenery however im not very good on a sled, and have never been mountain sledding at all. My last experience on a sled was 3-4 years ago where i plunged off a small cliff 12 meters high doing about 20 kph and right into the bottom of a frozen creek bed during a whiteout , Chest and neck first right into the handlebars and then the machine rolled over on me to finish me off, needless to say the handlebars didnt have no give but my clavicle sure did .
Maybe one day , rigtht now im content with just watching all the pictures and videos posted there great

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that lake still froze, I know last year she was gettin thin when we were back there, and this year has been much warmer...

yes, was in there in February, and the lake was dry. creeks are running, we need to find a snow bridge. but so far been successful. will be the last ride of 2012.

Top Bottom