46.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_1321.jpg
    100_1321.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 42

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found a couple of 52...
First one is on the ridge coming back from 52, 51 is down on the left.
2nd is 52, 3rd pic is on the ridge above 51/52, last is 52.

Attachments

• Quarts Dec 26 003.jpgsmall.jpg
    Quarts Dec 26 003.jpgsmall.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Quartz (9).jpgsmall.jpg
    Quartz (9).jpgsmall.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Quartz Creek knock down drag out 008.jpg crop.jpgsmall.jpg
    Quartz Creek knock down drag out 008.jpg crop.jpgsmall.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Quartz  Hot sun  Cool ridin 008.jpgsmall.jpg
    Quartz Hot sun Cool ridin 008.jpgsmall.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 47

djspeedracer

Reaction score
Where would you recomend to ride around golden, I have a few guys coming out that have never rode in the mountains

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz is a good place for first timers, they can ease into different terrain.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz is a good place for first timers, they can ease into different terrain.

I agree. Nice trail in, variety of riding available. Cabin. Great scenery.
Rode Quartz last Friday, some fresh but windblown. Some deep, untracked to be found. There's been some snow the past couple days though. Spent the day in 52, no tracks but ours. Nice, but a bit windblown.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good pic 'extremegriz'.
We took a first-timer (ever, not just mountains) into area 52 on Friday. Had some issues on the big hill and some big holes were lurking under the surface in the cornices. A bit intimidating if anything. Fairly big hill going up, very icy at the top on Friday- 52 was very windblown but untracked. Gotta stay on the track on the ridge, you're riding beside a pretty big cornice. The access to 53 was a little sketchy that day-might not suggest that for your first mountain ride. As new riders to the mountains, you'll find enough in the other areas of Quartz without venturing into 51,52..., so don't be too concerned if you're not sure - there's plenty of other area. The ridge isn't a good area on poor vis or windy days -the wind is crazy up there and you can end up not seeing a thing. High avy area in there too, gotta be real careful!
Cabin Valley it to the left of the cabin in the pic. and you ride all the area left, right, in front and behind the cabin.
Once you're there, people will show you where to go. Probably your best bet for your first mountain ride.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothing a secert anymore:eek:.people don't like doing there own recon and fun exploring.its getting to easy compared to when I started.got find um your self:d

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothing a secert anymore:eek:.people don't like doing there own recon and fun exploring.its getting to easy compared to when I started.got find um your self:d

Can't tell me those areas are/were a secret.....groomer goes right to the trail up. Might as well paint arrows on the ground.:beer:
But to keep everyone happy I removed the map

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want a map, do you drop in off the saddle?
If you're talking about the saddle I think you are, Glacier National Park is over there. You need to climb on top the ridge to the right when facing the saddle and ride the ridge around. You drop into 51 from the north side. You can drop in from the south side but the cornice is usually pretty big over there. There also is a trail through the trees to 51 that puts you in the bottom of the bowl but it's difficult to explain.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
if you're talking about the saddle i think you are, glacier national park is over there. You need to climb on top the ridge to the right when facing the saddle and ride the ridge around. You drop into 51 from the north side. You can drop in from the south side but the cornice is usually pretty big over there. There also is a trail through the trees to 51 that puts you in the bottom of the bowl but it's difficult to explain.

yup, that sounds correct......... We did the drop over the cornice, and it looked worse than it actually was..... Got a pic of snow boarders building a huge jump just to the east of where we dropped into area 51.... I'll try and find it..... Was amazing how hi and far they jumped.......

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
do you think a brand new 600 can make it in and out ok?

shouldn't be any problem....... If you drop in from the top, then you can always get out the trail at the bottom through the trees..... It is a nice area, and usually huge snow and very little traffic....

Top Bottom