Anyone Know of a Good Job

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
My fiance currently works in the new housing industry (heating and duct work). With the market being so slow, it really sucks. He's looking for another job so he can continue to pay for and use his toys. Does anyone know of anything? He's hoping for around $70,000/yr.

Thanks for your help.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try looking around Nisku there always seems to be something there. Shop hands, welders, carpenters, Rig hand.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
....The Patch pays good... Just got to leave for a bit, Come back & buy sweetie new toy !;):D:p

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
the commercial guys are still hiring for now. until the market finally settles and the housing correction is done he will find work slow in construction. if he wants to stay with that line of work he may want to check out sask. they are in boom now and need workers. i have even been asked to go do some work there. they cant find people. or he could take 3 months off.

tjj007

Reaction score
Have you looked at drayton valley at all lots of work around here. A friend of just built a house here and had to get most of his contracters out of the city cause there too busy here. Theres also lots of patch work.

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The road bans are coming off the drilling rigs are going to fire up Check our site at Precision drilling there is a office in Nisku Another option is swamping on the trucks that move the rigs

Last edited by a moderator:

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
tell him to get in the union

why? will they promise him work? better pay? if the new housing contruction market is slow. doesnt matter if you are union or not. no job still equals no job. and private pays better right now. as well how many union sheetmetal companies work in the residential market. if you arent going to offer him real advice....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell him to get off the couch, turn off the tv, and go get a job. If he's not working he's not trying.

What the f he's got his wife looking for a job for the lazy f.

Give me a break, Marroon

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
Tell him to get off the couch, turn off the tv, and go get a job. If he's not working he's not trying.

Give me a break, Marroon

I've chosen to start looking for a job for him. He doesn't really even know yet. He really liked what he's doing now and things are picking up, it's just rather slow. He doesn't sit on the couch and watch tv.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it is all in good intentions when someones better half is helping them out in any way possible including looking for a job.My wife would do the same.
Good for you and best of luck finding what your looking for!
catmando!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ya, I Agree With The Katman.... Good On You Snowbunny For Taking The Initiative To Help The Loved One Find A Job... I Would Hope My Wifey Would Help Me Too.... Sounds Like He Is Still Working, Just Not As Busy As He Was, So He Probably Is A Little Limited On The Amount Of Time He Can Spend Applying For Jobs, Throwing His Resumes Everywhere, Right? I Know A Lot Of Commercial Heating/ductwork Companies Are Very Short Staffed... Money Might Not Be Quite As Good, But It Is Good And Steady Work And A Few Have Pension Plans(i Know, Because I Have A Nephew In That Industry)... Good Luck, And Keep Us In Touch With What He Finds... Keep Pluggin' Snowbunny!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

Give me a break, Marroon

Maybe I read it wrong.Thought she said he had a job,just looking for something better.

AC4life

Reaction score
haha, yup...and as far as im concerned Dr phil isnt a guy you want to sound like. This imdoo'n character sounds like someone that has no self confidence so he comes on here and lashes out on everyone. grow up!! oops i forgot you are 54 or something...act your age, thats better.

Top Bottom