anybody seen the new Nytro MTX

binderpilot

Reaction score
The 08 Yamahas are out today on the company website! The american Yamaha site has more pictures and video to look at go to www.yamaha-motor.com to see it only one thing bugs me they won't post a weight on the new sleds. Hopefully they have nothing to hide!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Looks Like The Next Stage Of The "phazer" Model

This seriously looks like the next step of the phazer model... looks interesting, and I heard the power to weight ratio is better than the Apex by quite a bit. 130 horses on a 500lb chassis. approaching the other sleds, but why did they go back to a 15" wide track. can't wait to see this one turbo'd:D

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you say convergence? 5 years ago all brands of sleds looked basically the same to the un-trained eye. Then Doo's REV upset everything, and now they seam to be converging more and more to this new body style. Are we seeing this or am I off somewhere in la la land? I'm sure the insides are a lot different but does that not look a lot like a polaris chassis? Cats new models do still look quite different though, almost on purpose.

It would be interesting to try a new doo, then a new polairs, than this new yammi and then the new cat to see how they differ in feel and taste.

Ahh heck, what does it all mater. As long as we are all having fun and excited about our new rides. Lets get out there before it all melts! :eek:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Yamy

Yamaha has continued to reduce the weight and gain market. It will be interesting to see what happens in the four stroke market when they get the weight to the same as the two strokes.
I have a great deal of respect for what they are doing in the market.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Weight Issue

DON'T THINK THEY CAN EVER GET THE WEIGHT DOWN QUITE EVEN WITH THE 2 STROKES, DUE TO EXTRA PARTS, PIECES, COOLING ETC ALL REQUIRED FOR THE 4 STROKES. READING THE MAX BITS ARTICLE, YAMMY HAS REDUCED THE NYTRO TO EQUAL WEIGHTS OF THE REVS, CATS, POOS, AND SHOULD BE COMPETITIVE ON THE SNO-CROSS CIRCUIT THIS YEAR. YAMMY WON ALMOST ALL X-COUNTRY RACES SO FAR THIS YEAR, SO IT APPEARS THEY ARE HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION:rolleyes:

binderpilot

Reaction score
Looks like a great machine but 2 things bug me 1 is the tunnel but I'll have to see it in person to make my final judgement and the other is fuel capacity, I sure hope it is good on fuel cause it only holds 28 litres, thats 11 less than an Apex. Although maybe it will help Ski-Doo owners come over to yammy they are already hauling gas everywhere they go!!

:sadbanana:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have to haul gas so that the polaris guys can ride a full day.:p
07 800R 151", 06 800 summit 144" ,05 pol 900 151, 05(or 06) pol 600 144" switchback: 85 KM DEEP snow, both polaris out of fuel, both 'doos 1/4 tank left. We were riding cut lines everyone but the 600 took turns breaking trail.
:D :D :D

Zedeff

Reaction score
I think that the smaller tank on the Nytro will give it about the same range as the Skidoo 800R. I don't know why only 15" wide track though. I'd sure like to demo one.:)

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This seriously looks like the next step of the phazer model... looks interesting, and I heard the power to weight ratio is better than the Apex by quite a bit. 130 horses on a 500lb chassis. approaching the other sleds, but why did they go back to a 15" wide track. can't wait to see this one turbo'd:D

Dealers are saying 560-580lbs. dry. it does look like a cool machine though. Would be real cool if they could have a 500lb. sled.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Duel fuel Doo

We have to haul gas so that the polaris guys can ride a full day.:p
07 800R 151", 06 800 summit 144" ,05 pol 900 151, 05(or 06) pol 600 144" switchback: 85 KM DEEP snow, both polaris out of fuel, both 'doos 1/4 tank left. We were riding cut lines everyone but the 600 took turns breaking trail.
:D :D :D

Ya got that right ! They sure like the fuel, Don't matter what I have ridden over the last years (700,800 or 900), At the end of day fuel can is lite weight.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bringing this back from the dead.

I like the fact they have a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. Im rather disappointed in Ski-doo for not offering more in the warranty department, but I guess when you have market share it doesnt really matter.

I would love to try the new Nytro MTX and the REV XP this winter to see how they feel.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
THE NEW COPY OF "BUYERS GUIDE 2008" HAS A MOUNTAIN SLED COMPARO OF THE 800'S AND THE NYTRO MTX IS ONE OF THE SLEDS AND ALSO 1 OF THE FAVOURITES:p..... BELIEVE IT OR NOT THEY RATED THE POLARIS 800 DRAGON AS TOPS, AND THEN THE NYTRO MTX, THEN THE 800XP AND THE M8 SHORTLY THEREAFTER. HOWEVER THEY DID SAY WHEN THEY TESTED THEM ALL IN LATE SPRING, THE CONDITIONS WERE WAY LESS THAN IDEAL AND DID FEEL THAT WITH PROPER SNOW CONDITIONS THE OUTCOME WOULD HAVE PROBABLY BEEN DIFFERENT, SUSPECTING THAT THE XP WOULD BE THE KING?? THEY DID SAY THE NYTRO WAS PROBABLY THE MOST FUN TO RIDE(ESPECIALLY BOONDOCKING AND THE TRAILS), AND SAID THE NEW ENGINE COMBO FELT WAY BETTER THAN THE OLD ONE IT REPLACED. VERY INTERESTING ARTICLE. STILL KINDA WEIRD WHY THEY WENT BACK TO THE 15" TRACK. JUST IMAGINE A 16" TRACK WITH TURBOCHARGER OR SUPERCHARGER...... BOOYAH
:eek:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
It's like reading a movie review...subjective...we, as always, will have to wait until were in the mountians to see. Remember they thought the 1000 doo would kill the 800's and in reality there very close in the real world.
That being said, I think the new Dragon is going to DOO really well this year.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
It's like reading a movie review...subjective...we, as always, will have to wait until were in the mountians to see. Remember they thought the 1000 doo would kill the 800's and in reality there very close in the real world.
That being said, I think the new Dragon is going to DOO really well this year.

YUP, I AGREE... HEARD THE 700 WAS GOOD, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE 800. AND YEA, I'VE BEEN WHERE 800'S COULDN'T GET, ONLY ANOTHER 1000 ON JUICE.:rolleyes:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I went to you tube and seen video on turboed nytro up against a turbo apex also you tube rev xp for some video clips. Looks to be a interesting year.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its always nice to see some good competition between manufacturers. In the end the consumer is the winner!

The thing i really like about the 4 stroke is the reliability of the engine. You should never really have to worry about rebuilding it as they are supposed to be good for a really long time. Oh and of course you cant forget about the turbo!

Hi my name is Steve and I'm addicted to boost:D

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha builds quality stuff, just wish they could get a bit better in the weight department. everyone says the same thing, they ride and handle great but are not even close to the other 3 in stock form .

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its tough to get the weight down on a 4 stroke though, so many extra parts. I wonder if we will start to see factory super/turbo charged engines with smaller displacement to get the weights down.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'm actually surprised Yamy hasn't done something with the Turbo. It would seem to be an easy way to get more market share.
Its tough to get the weight down on a 4 stroke though, so many extra parts. I wonder if we will start to see factory super/turbo charged engines with smaller displacement to get the weights down.

Top Bottom