anybody seen the new Nytro MTX

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the enviromental gains of the Nytro. No more smoke. I did enjoy riding Parkers turbo Nytro. I will seriously consider this for my next sled. It dose need different skiis though. I like Raspberry Nytro's tunnel and exhaust. looks good for a raspberry sled. j/k The only one of its kind.
Steve

Note to raspberry...a seat cover or seat would make that sled look awesome...that 40th aniversary seat doesnt quite match! lol

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode Parkers Nytro MTX Turbo and I was quite impressed. I am waiting till March till the show at the Mayfield and then I will place my order for the new machine just after that. Will have one for next season myself. :eek: switch over to a yamaha and gone from GMC to Ford, ahh a midlife crisis is coming..:D

Come up to the Whitecourt Trailblazer's Poker Rally on Feb. long weekend and you may not have to order one. We are giving away a Nitro MTX to a lucky rider on Sunday afternoon. Bring your friends.:D

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i love my Nytro all day long & i love the way it boondocks & hangs in the trees with ANY 2-smoker out there!!!!! coming off 2 smokers for years now but will never go back. the UN-reliability of them is the best seller for 4 strokers!!!! until you ride the "heavy" Nytro, don't knock 'em!!!!

my .02

RN

I feel sorry for you buddy.. People say that the yammy's are so reliable but i know a guy that blew the motor in his nitro last weekend, his season done. He cant afford the 8000.000 to fix the motor... that sucks and it weighs 100lbs+ more than a rev xp and makes 14hp less. So how can you say it keeps up.. I've talked to guys that have rode the new nytro and say it is a complete turd compared to either the '07 rev or an xp... Just look at the hp to weight ratio it should say it all..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had The Pleasure Of Riding Parker's Turbo Nytro(from Whitecourt Yamaha), And That Might Be My Next Toy!!! That Power Is Extremely Addictive. Just Needs The Bigger Track(i Heard Next Year Will Have A Long And Wider Track!!). Parker Lent His Turbo Nytro To Anyone That Had The Balls To Try It, Including Sledbunnyracing, Sumx54, Raspberry Nytro, Etc. From The Mountain Mania Ride. What A Power Rush, And The Turbo Just Kind Of Jumps On You And Then The Skis Are In The Air And Away You Go........ Wow. I Did Find It A Little Tippy Though, And There Was Quite A Bit Of Turbo Lag..... There Was A Nytro Supercharged There Too, And It Seemed To Go Where All The Turbos Went, But It Had No Lag(so To Speak). It Has Good Brakes, A Nice Smooth Ride, And You Really Doo Feel In Control Of The Sled.

Yah but i talked to guy that has a supercharged nytro and he put a 10G tank on it, and still only got 40miles out of a tank.... So where is this fuel milage that all these yammy lovers keep talkin about??????

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel sorry for you buddy.. People say that the yammy's are so reliable but i know a guy that blew the motor in his nitro last weekend, his season done. He cant afford the 8000.000 to fix the motor... that sucks and it weighs 100lbs+ more than a rev xp and makes 14hp less. So how can you say it keeps up.. I've talked to guys that have rode the new nytro and say it is a complete turd compared to either the '07 rev or an xp... Just look at the hp to weight ratio it should say it all..

how many doo's have had their precious iron go down???? the list would pile up for days!!! i feel sorry for the guys that r thinking their 2-stroke turbo's r gonna last more than a year without constant maintenance & re-building. i feel sorry for the guys with their xpeee 's that can't go a weekend without carrying a backback full of belts & gears to try & driveshafts to replace, while they have cold hands & don't know how much gas they have or gauges that don't work........ not bashing anything i haven't rode & experienced already!!!!! i can "hang" with the 07's & 08's all day. just can't go straight up the big hills at once!!!! i'm the first to admit that this Nytro needs HP!!!! i can "ride" all day long with them & still carry my own azz into the house without having to worry about wrenching at night. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!!!! does'nt matter what guys say about the "heavy" Yammies, until you ride one of the Nytro's & feel how well they handle & get around in the pow.............. they don't know chit. i always have useful info on these sites until guys say i can't hang with the new 2-strokes............. then i get a tad defensive!!!! hehehe

T

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey raspberry...what do u get for fuel economy?

LOL........... now that's a good question!!!! one of the days out in Silver Mines breaking trail i rode with 3 xp's(all broke in), an 05 rev & an M8(slight mods) & at the end of the day, i put in less gas than all of them(it was only my 2nd or 3rd ride as well on the Nytro). I was leading them all in there to where we finally got to play a little(chitty visibility)

T

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well thats good...ill tell u the one sled im never buying..the XP...i think the frame is to flimsy and its got to many bugs for me

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not bashing anything in particular........... just posting some facts about other sleds besides my "heavy" "submarine" Yammy :D

just my :twocents:

T

sorry to anyone i have offended...............i know not what i say as it's my evil twin..........BurgandyNytro!!! LMFAO

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I have road with all kinds of Nytro's , turbo's, supercharged and including Raspberry's and they do hold their own against the big boys. Don't forget about the rider. I have seen the Nytro (with Raspberry-boy on it) do some amazing things alot of people only wish they could do. But... thats why they built an XP, so us not so experienced riders can keep up to him....:rollinglaugh:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have sat on both sides of the fence when it comes to 2 and 4 stroke sleds. I really enjoy both of my anvils. All manufactures make great products and it takes mountains of money for the research and development to produce the toys that we buy. They all have there quirks. People are always sceptical of buying a first season product that hasn't proven itself yet. They all have different applications to. I like to think of my sleds as the SUV's of mountain sleds. I have my Apex for poking at hills, and the Nytro for boondocking.
I also go everywhere that other riders go...... within reason.

Glengine, You being a sled mechanic would know that to create more HP you need to add more fuel and air to make more power along with clutching and gearing blah blah blah, so why question the mileage of a stock sled over a modified sled. Unless the sleds that you work on by adding other peoples researched and developed products like turbos and superchargers do actually make fuel mileage better or stay the same at that.... I don't see how they would. Maybe you could give me better insight? And you are actually adding more weight with the plenum and turbo etc. but I guess that all equals out cuz of the extra HP. So then that weight is ok..... doesn't matter then...... Right....?

Thats to bad about the blown motor. I've been there, not with my 4 strokes...... Knock on wood. The Nytro is less than a year old so good thing he has the warranty, unless it was neglect. I got three year warranty on my. Three friends of mine bought XP's this year, all three have them in the shop getting clutching issues worked out and there handlebar warmers fixed. One of them is getting a new bulkhead......... ouch.......... Thats expensive. He will be around 7 grand when he gets it back, in a couple months.

Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have sat on both sides of the fence when it comes to 2 and 4 stroke sleds. I really enjoy both of my anvils. All manufactures make great products and it takes mountains of money for the research and development to produce the toys that we buy. They all have there quirks. People are always sceptical of buying a first season product that hasn't proven itself yet. They all have different applications to. I like to think of my sleds as the SUV's of mountain sleds. I have my Apex for poking at hills, and the Nytro for boondocking.
I also go everywhere that other riders go...... within reason.

Glengine, You being a sled mechanic would know that to create more HP you need to add more fuel and air to make more power along with clutching and gearing blah blah blah, so why question the mileage of a stock sled over a modified sled. Unless the sleds that you work on by adding other peoples researched and developed products like turbos and superchargers do actually make fuel mileage better or stay the same at that.... I don't see how they would. Maybe you could give me better insight? And you are actually adding more weight with the plenum and turbo etc. but I guess that all equals out cuz of the extra HP. So then that weight is ok..... doesn't matter then...... Right....?

Thats to bad about the blown motor. I've been there, not with my 4 strokes...... Knock on wood. The Nytro is less than a year old so good thing he has the warranty, unless it was neglect. I got three year warranty on my. Three friends of mine bought XP's this year, all three have them in the shop getting clutching issues worked out and there handlebar warmers fixed. One of them is getting a new bulkhead......... ouch.......... Thats expensive. He will be around 7 grand when he gets it back, in a couple months.

I absolutely agree that to make more power you must burn more fuel, that is a given.. But i just think that 4mpG is alot... I know that the turbo xp, in a day of riding, the boss doesn't even go thru a full 12G. And he rides hard... Also hix turbo xp makes 225hp and weighs in at 465lbs dry... We weighed it on a set of digital scales at the shop, so i know it's accurate.. Weight does still matter to a point cause it's all about power to weight ratio.. Oh yah and that blown up nuytro they told him that cause he had turbo'd it he gets no warranty.. With the technology in turbo's now they aren't like the old ones.. I know people that have put like 4000+ miles on there sled and not had any troubles.. Also none of the XP's that have gone thru our shop and had the screen kit's put on and our clutch kit in them, not one has had a belt problem.. FRom what i've seen the xp's are tougher than the old ones but when they do bend they bend more stuff... we can probably get your buddy's that needs the bulkhead done in not that long.. Our turn around time is pretty good.. Have him call the shop for an estimate of time if he wants..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many doo's have had their precious iron go down???? the list would pile up for days!!! i feel sorry for the guys that r thinking their 2-stroke turbo's r gonna last more than a year without constant maintenance & re-building. i feel sorry for the guys with their xpeee 's that can't go a weekend without carrying a backback full of belts & gears to try & driveshafts to replace, while they have cold hands & don't know how much gas they have or gauges that don't work........ not bashing anything i haven't rode & experienced already!!!!! i can "hang" with the 07's & 08's all day. just can't go straight up the big hills at once!!!! i'm the first to admit that this Nytro needs HP!!!! i can "ride" all day long with them & still carry my own azz into the house without having to worry about wrenching at night. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!!!! does'nt matter what guys say about the "heavy" Yammies, until you ride one of the Nytro's & feel how well they handle & get around in the pow.............. they don't know chit. i always have useful info on these sites until guys say i can't hang with the new 2-strokes............. then i get a tad defensive!!!! hehehe

T

Yah.. You know what actually has always got me even in racing where there are two strokes and 4 strokes they always give the 4strokers a cc break.. as far as i'm concerned thats wrong.. Like in snowgoers new 800 comparison this month they group the nytro with the 800's.. Then they say that it should be classed with the m700's cause it only makes 130hp.. As far as i'm concerned thats hog wash.. It's over a 1000cc so it should be compared to other 1000's... I dont think it should matter wether 2 or 4stroke.. Compare CC for CC.. But i guess they got help out the poor olds yammy's... Hahaha.. But like really for myself if i had a 1000 4stroke it would kinda bug me that it's comparable to a 700cc stock 2 stroker.. So i look at it that you have to turbo them or something.. So it's goin to cost you about 20G for the sled, well i can build a rocketship M1000 for that price and be way lighter.. So i guess i just dont get it...I think that with the new turbo's that are coming out and stuff i think that the whole turbo yammy thing is going to slow down alot.. But we need all manuafcturers in the market and the MOST IMPORTANT thing of all is that we all enjoy our sled that we ride and fun riding them, No matter what we ride.. Happy riding.. Giver hair straight back!!!

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think that they are giving the 4 strokes a break Glengine, The people that class sleds see them for what they are in HP. Buy saying that a nytro is equal to another 700 cc sled, I think that this is right. They both are in the 130 +/- HP range. How are they different? The 2 stroke has an advantage weight wise, but they are still in the same HP range. If you compare them in the 800 class then your starting to get into apples and oranges. The displacement difference between 2 and 4 strokes are not comparable because they are to different types of gasoline power plants. You can debate 2 vs 4 to death, Horsepower is Horsepower. Weight is Weight. The 2 strokes have the advantage in weight, they most likley always will be lighter. So why talk about the weight if you have a 2 stroke. You already have the upper hand......... Right.
What I do Know is I spend less time in the trailer and garage wrenching. Thats what I like. Pretty much just gas and go. I have already saved myself $380.00 in fuel this year, compared to last year. So I have gone three more times than last year already. That means I have Had three more times the fun.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glengine, what is your sled? What do you ride? Have you rode the Nytro or apex ?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold my sled before i moved to alberta a year and a half ago. which was a doo 800 triple with a bunch of stuff done to it.. I had an M1000 snow checked but i ended up moving here, so it has kinda put my plans on hold for a short time.. I am going to buy an M1000 for next winter i think.. It's a catch 22 cause i love workin on and building sleds but i end up working so much that i havnt had any time to get out and ride since i've been here even if i had got my 1000 before i moved.. But no i havnt rode a yammy and have no plans on it cause i dont like the weight issue.. CVause for me it's all about power to weight ratio... I'm not sold on the Xp's cause i Ride HARD and i think i'd bend one of them fast... I Know that the cats are tough! And that is what i need. I dont really have an issue with four strokes, i just cant get over the weight issue.. I am really looking forward to the new sled show coming up in march, so i can see what is available.. Cause i miss ridin so bad it aint funny.. I am used to having like 6+ mountains to choose from to ride within like 2hrs from my old hometown... And i have pretty much decided that next winter i am takin some sleddin days... Cause right now i'm workin like 11hrs a day 6days a week buildin sleds for other people.. Dont get me wrong though i love my job, and wouldnt trade it for the world..

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold my sled before i moved to alberta a year and a half ago. which was a doo 800 triple with a bunch of stuff done to it.. I had an M1000 snow checked but i ended up moving here, so it has kinda put my plans on hold for a short time.. I am going to buy an M1000 for next winter i think.. It's a catch 22 cause i love workin on and building sleds but i end up working so much that i havnt had any time to get out and ride since i've been here even if i had got my 1000 before i moved.. But no i havnt rode a yammy and have no plans on it cause i dont like the weight issue.. CVause for me it's all about power to weight ratio... I'm not sold on the Xp's cause i Ride HARD and i think i'd bend one of them fast... I Know that the cats are tough! And that is what i need. I dont really have an issue with four strokes, i just cant get over the weight issue.. I am really looking forward to the new sled show coming up in march, so i can see what is available.. Cause i miss ridin so bad it aint funny.. I am used to having like 6+ mountains to choose from to ride within like 2hrs from my old hometown... And i have pretty much decided that next winter i am takin some sleddin days... Cause right now i'm workin like 11hrs a day 6days a week buildin sleds for other people.. Dont get me wrong though i love my job, and wouldnt trade it for the world..

Isnt the m1000 about 520 dry? Throw in the 11 gallons of fuel vs the smaller amount needed on the nytro and wet weight of these sleds are close to the same.

So how can you go ahead and say you will never ride a yammy because of the weight when your dream sled weighs the same? Seems to me that you have made up your mind that the 4 strokes are crap and that is that. To each their own I guess:twocents:

Top Bottom