anybody seen the new Nytro MTX

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Ya now if you could learn to go on 1....2.....3 when we race instead of 2.

I guess the Doo needed a little head start. LOL.:D

Thebigm.

ok thebigm, I said I was impressed with the Nyrto but let me take that a little further, I was impressed by the way it looked in my ROOST!!! and we did go on 3 my friend right along with the other Nytro that ate my roost...

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
ok thebigm, I said I was impressed with the Nyrto but let me take that a little further, I was impressed by the way it looked in my ROOST!!! and we did go on 3 my friend right along with the other Nytro that ate my roost...

:blah::blah:Maybe you need somemore of these. Count with me 1....2 Goooo! :shots:
LMAO

Thebigm.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you guys wanna see the difference between the apex and the nytro, just search it on youtube...some turbos come up, some stock....the turbo nytro annihalated the turbo apex's it was hillclimbing against...looked pretty nice, and sounds pretty sweet too.

sparkysask

Reaction score
:)We weighed the new nitro and we found that it was 586 pound's with 1 ltr of oil......no fuel..:twocents:

I own the RTX model - I'll say it again - 515, no fuel, dealer topped up the oil when picked it up (may have even been a litre of fuel in it which would explain the 2 pound discrepancy from Yamaha).

Guess I should read the thread a little closer too. I did say RTX in my post.

I will admit to being a little jaded though, it has done nothing short of impress me.....perhaps I'll convert it to a generator when the frame falls apart - long before I replace a set of rings! Join the ranks of the converted!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own the RTX model - I'll say it again - 515, no fuel, dealer topped up the oil when picked it up (may have even been a litre of fuel in it which would explain the 2 pound discrepancy from Yamaha).

Guess I should read the thread a little closer too. I did say RTX in my post.

I will admit to being a little jaded though, it has done nothing short of impress me.....perhaps I'll convert it to a generator when the frame falls apart - long before I replace a set of rings! Join the ranks of the converted!

I'm going to have to guess he was talking about the MTX model which would explain the difference in your two stories...the one he was talking about could have also had coolant in it.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:)ya i was talking about the mtx....so used to everybody having a mountain machine not a flat land short track....:sorry:

Sled-Head-Jr.

Reaction score
I ride a 08' fx nytro mtx 40th anniversary, it's turbo'd and piped, it's really fun in the mountains, or just riding on trails, i have a 153' camoplast ripsaw track 15' wide, i think im gonna go to a 16' though, because my dad rides a turbo'd apex, with a 16' and when i follow him i always fall in his ruts.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a 08' fx nytro mtx 40th anniversary, it's turbo'd and piped, it's really fun in the mountains, or just riding on trails, i have a 153' camoplast ripsaw track 15' wide, i think im gonna go to a 16' though, because my dad rides a turbo'd apex, with a 16' and when i follow him i always fall in his ruts.

With that turbo nytro, you should definately be able to make your own tracks...maybe even pull out in front of your dad!!

Shock

Reaction score
buddy just bought one. lots of people asking to take it for a ride. needs 20 more ponies but over all lots of Fun.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK... I have seen a nytro mtx longtrack, on a set of scales myself... I even know that it runs not like the one that yamaha weighed.. It came straight from a dealer, with like 1gallon of fuel in it it weighed in at a whopping 603LBS!!!!! No BS... So tell me how a sled that weighs like 130lbs more than a xp800 and makes 13hp less than the xp is going to do better stock in the mountains????????? Will not happen.... Or the fact that when you supercharge a nytro you get like 55kmiles per tank of gas, and that is from a guy that owns one... We will be weighing another one soon after we finish putting a tunnel on it. Oh yah and it'll handle WAY better cause were puttin a SKIDOO rear susp in it....

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see that most guys are all about the weight. I agree that the Nytro is heavy, But then again all 4 strokes are. The Nytro is more of a Boondocking sled, stock that is, than a highmarker I have been a 2 stroke die hard for years. But........ It is not all about the weight for everyone, there is lots of other things that seem to be overlooked........... It really doesn't matter if you 490 pounds or 600, when your stuck, your stuck. How about the fact that they seem to be more reliable, yah yah, I know guys that have up to 6000km on there 2 strokes and more. If you disagree, look at the outboard motors, or the atv's, or Motocross or even bikes for that matter. It is only a matter of time and they will throw a piston or crank etc. How about the fact they run on regular gas...... hmmmm there is some savings there. You do a oil change once a year, I'd take that time to do a oil sample as well, look for contamination or engine wear ie: metal fillings. The cost savings in injection oil alone, What is it a jug.......? Roughly...... 40 or 50 bucks? What about the emisions. I like the fact that its one less thing that the enviro"mental"ist can complain about, Cuz thats were your injection oil is going...... Straight on through and in the air and on the ground. If they lobby to shutdown our recreational sport cuz of pollution then who will be screaming,..... All on us...... right? It just adds a kicker card to there great poker hand. If you don't think its a big deal..............It is only a matter of time.... Start your sled in your trailer and stand in there....... I'm not on the anti-2 stroke wagon, I love the sound of them and have lots of great memories on them. The 4 stroke engine is less effected by altitude in power loss. How about the price of sleds now a days whats the new ones worth? I was quoted 14200.00 for the new XP 800, Early this year I bought a 4 stroke under 14000.00 taxes in, plus 3 years warranty. At that pricing how can people continue to by new ones every couple years? Has the tech. really changed that much in the 2 strokes? All in All It really doesn't matter what you ride as long as you and all you buds have a great, safe, time and smiles on your faces till you cheeks hurt. Change is good, but not for all............. just my :twocents:

This is not intended as a debate, just information for fellow riders.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must say that tabneil makes a good point. It doesn't matter what you ride as long as your havin fun!!!! Alls i know for myself when it comes to mountain riding if i cant ride a 2stroke my riding days are done.. I just dont like the weight, that is my only issue with them..The more weight it makes them way harder to boondock with in the trees and stuff, and that is what i find the funnest..Myself that is, but each to their own.. I hear that skidoo is actually in the process right now of testing a 700,800,100 4stroke to add to there line up. They also just released a new sled it's a 650cc 2stroke fuel inj. And there are alot of comp stuff on this one, it runs the oil inj system at 500:1.. I think that things like that are the way of 2strokes.. Cause both doo and cat already make the emissions requirements for like 2011.. Sweet cause we need people buying all makes and models of sleds to our industry thriving... THERE ARE THINGS THAT I LIKE AND DISLIKE ABOUT ALL BRANDS, NONE ARE PERFECT.. That is why they improve them every year.,.. Plus to get more of our money....LOL...LOL... Once again the most important thing is that each person is happy with the sled that they ride...

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i love my Nytro all day long & i love the way it boondocks & hangs in the trees with ANY 2-smoker out there!!!!! coming off 2 smokers for years now but will never go back. the UN-reliability of them is the best seller for 4 strokers!!!! until you ride the "heavy" Nytro, don't knock 'em!!!!

my .02

RN

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totally agree. Don't Knock It Till You Ride It! Put A day on 4 stroker and go to the gas station........ I tease my 2 smoker buddies...............Chugalug chugalug.......... save some for the next guy. Wow. Great rides. I feel sorry for my buddie so i always buy him a beer when we get back from riding cuz he spent so much on gas.

Different Strokes for Different Folks. It doesn't matter as long as you smiling:)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Had The Pleasure Of Riding Parker's Turbo Nytro(from Whitecourt Yamaha), And That Might Be My Next Toy!!! That Power Is Extremely Addictive. Just Needs The Bigger Track(i Heard Next Year Will Have A Long And Wider Track!!). Parker Lent His Turbo Nytro To Anyone That Had The Balls To Try It, Including Sledbunnyracing, Sumx54, Raspberry Nytro, Etc. From The Mountain Mania Ride. What A Power Rush, And The Turbo Just Kind Of Jumps On You And Then The Skis Are In The Air And Away You Go........ Wow. I Did Find It A Little Tippy Though, And There Was Quite A Bit Of Turbo Lag..... There Was A Nytro Supercharged There Too, And It Seemed To Go Where All The Turbos Went, But It Had No Lag(so To Speak). It Has Good Brakes, A Nice Smooth Ride, And You Really Doo Feel In Control Of The Sled.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I rode Parkers Nytro MTX Turbo and I was quite impressed. I am waiting till March till the show at the Mayfield and then I will place my order for the new machine just after that. Will have one for next season myself. :eek: switch over to a yamaha and gone from GMC to Ford, ahh a midlife crisis is coming..:D

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
I agree with the enviromental gains of the Nytro. No more smoke. I did enjoy riding Parkers turbo Nytro. I will seriously consider this for my next sled. It dose need different skiis though. I like Raspberry Nytro's tunnel and exhaust. looks good for a raspberry sled. j/k The only one of its kind.
Steve

Top Bottom