anybody driving a 2010 dodge 3500

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i work at dodge also and have never seen a mc longbox the longest one is mine the cclb, or the cc dually long box-same frame, love the truck, sucks on fuel right now, and underpowered pulling right now also. all the goodies to solve the power and fuel mileage are almost ready for shipping, cant wait.

ok i lied. that is the same vehicle i saw. i figured that was a megacab the back looks really big.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So lightening.......... That back seat is bigger than the older cc, but not quite as big as the mega?? I'll have to go check one out at the dealer;)

ya their bigger than the old CC but still not a MC. I wish they would have made the MC in a long box back in 05 06. I think that the 5.9 Cummins is a better engine than the 6.7 with all that DPF crap.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ya their bigger than the old cc but still not a mc. I wish they would have made the mc in a long box back in 05 06. I think that the 5.9 cummins is a better engine than the 6.7 with all that dpf crap.

ya, i guess i'll consider getting the box stretch for about $6500 u.s. ...........:(

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
ya, i guess i'll consider getting the box stretch for about $6500 u.s. ...........:(

Just test drove a Mega dually today.
Saweeeeet ride.
Just can't justify paying 50k difference:eek::eek:
I got an 06 same as yours ric.
Black book is 22400:eek::eek::eek:
Hope the old girl lasts another 20 years!

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Just test drove a Mega dually today.
Saweeeeet ride.
Just can't justify paying 50k difference:eek::eek:
I got an 06 same as yours ric.
Black book is 22400:eek::eek::eek:
Hope the old girl lasts another 20 years!

YA, THINKING I'LL DRIVE THIS ONE INTO THE GROUND TOO....... STILL A SWEET LOOKIN' TRUCK, SO I THINK NEXT YEAR GET 'ER STRETCHED OUT AND CONTINUE ON WITH LIFE:d:beer:

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
the mega cab is 20" longer than the old quad cab and 11" longer than the new crew cab, so as far as leg room they are the same as a crew cab, just no storage behind the seat. the crew cab long box is 9 inches longer wheelbase than a mega cab shortbox. if you want fuel tanks that don't take up space at the front of the box then check out the tourbuddy tanks, they fit right over the wheel wells and look pretty good.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the crew cab is plenty enough room for any adult, they are right up there with the chevy or fords for cab room and to have a long box is worth its weight in gold if you need your truck for anything of any use, my deck fits so nice in a lb and the way the weight is distributed on the truck is totally different than a short box with the sleds hanging over 4ft, anyway i used to only own a sb truck because i liked how they looked but after owning 2 lb trucks i honestly would not own another sb. just my .02 if anyone is on the fence on either trucks.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
no you cant...

There is the conversion for another 6-7k

but like mentioned the crew cab has the same amount of room minus the storage behind the seat

i don't think it has the same leg room..... I've sat in them and the megacab has way more, then probably the ford and the new dodge is close to the ford, and then the chevy/gmc

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have both and there is alot more leg room in the megacab ....they aren't even close. That being said the crewcab does have lots of room for adults...much improved from the old quadcab and is very comparable to the chevy or ford. Try both out and you will see how much bigger the Megacab actually is.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the mega cab is 20" longer than the old quad cab and 11" longer than the new crew cab, so as far as leg room they are the same as a crew cab, just no storage behind the seat. the crew cab long box is 9 inches longer wheelbase than a mega cab shortbox. if you want fuel tanks that don't take up space at the front of the box then check out the tourbuddy tanks, they fit right over the wheel wells and look pretty good.

of that 11" how much is storage behind the seat of the megacab?

i guess a few inches legroom can make a big difference

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say there is around 9" behind the seat in the megacab. And there is to much room, you won't need it for people. With the front seats all the way back, myself 6'5" in the back my knees are about 6" from hitting the front seat. So even a few inches less room wouldn't be a issue. But personally, I perfer the quad cab 100x over the megacab the slt seats in the 06+ are a joke and the rears in the megacab are even worse I can't sit in them for over a 30 min drive, just to uncomfortable no problem with a 6 hour drive in a quad cab though. I haven't seen the new crew cab but from the dimensions I would think the room is perfect.

But if you plan to have the truck for long drives NO sunroof!!! There is NO headroom in trucks with a sunroof. I can't even sit in the rear of my bros 2010 1500 because the roof is just to low, I am guessing the 2500/3500 is the exact same. It's insane. Even for people around 6'0" it becomes a issue.

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So test drove a new crew cab long box one ton dodge this week and well they have converted a die hard chevy guy, new ones coming home soon. i was super impressed.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the gell cab mounts really help the ride. But i've got to say i'm not overly impressed at how many things they didn't change. If you take a good look under the hood and suspension, etc 99% is unchanged. Kinda dissappointing to me. But the interior is super nice.

I mostly just hate the emissions BS on the engine......No mileage in the new trucks at all and emissions is such a PIA.

My truck on 38's 8" lift, sees MUCH better mileage then my dads 07 megacab that is STOCK, and with all my add ons, I even weight more considering i've got a slip tank, road armor bumper etc. Kinda pathetic if you ask me. I get 16 us MPG mixed city/highway. Filled up today, couldn't believe it! 1550km to approx 220L. And I leave it idle ALL the time, I am probably loosing atleast 1 mpg from that alone. O well! I can live with that mileage.

Top Bottom