anybody driving a 2010 dodge 3500

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the gell cab mounts really help the ride. But i've got to say i'm not overly impressed at how many things they didn't change. If you take a good look under the hood and suspension, etc 99% is unchanged. Kinda dissappointing to me. But the interior is super nice.

I mostly just hate the emissions BS on the engine......No mileage in the new trucks at all and emissions is such a PIA.

My truck on 38's 8" lift, sees MUCH better mileage then my dads 07 megacab that is STOCK, and with all my add ons, I even weight more considering i've got a slip tank, road armor bumper etc. Kinda pathetic if you ask me. I get 16 us MPG mixed city/highway. Filled up today, couldn't believe it! 1550km to approx 220L.

soo the new emmisions equipment makes these trucks HARDER on fuel? seems sort of counter productive if you ask me haha..my friends 01 gets 800km to 130L. with 1000lbs load and 36" tires. i was impressed

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats ok Mileage but not that impressive....I have a 2008 megacab mind you only a 4' lift with 35's and I get roughly 850-900km/tank. Just came home from Regina driving 130-135km/hr 845km to Leduc and Truck took 108L which I think is OK. I had a 03,04, and 06 5.9's that never got any better so I'm pretty happy with my mileage and with the 6 speed tranny it is twice the truck towing any of my trailers in the hills. Maybe I just got a good one but I have just over 70,000km and 0 issues...pretty happy with mine and definitely not sorry to have a 6.7L.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats ok Mileage but not that impressive....I have a 2008 megacab mind you only a 4' lift with 35's and I get roughly 850-900km/tank. Just came home from Regina driving 130-135km/hr 845km to Leduc and Truck took 108L which I think is OK. I had a 03,04, and 06 5.9's that never got any better so I'm pretty happy with my mileage and with the 6 speed tranny it is twice the truck towing any of my trailers in the hills. Maybe I just got a good one but I have just over 70,000km and 0 issues...pretty happy with mine and definitely not sorry to have a 6.7L.

thats seems excellent to me. i get less than half that with my 360 gas. brutal

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
soo the new emmisions equipment makes these trucks HARDER on fuel? seems sort of counter productive if you ask me haha..my friends 01 gets 800km to 130L. with 1000lbs load and 36" tires. i was impressed

Yea, they are brutal. When my dads was new, 400km to 120L, granted that was city, but most was empty. It's gotten better but still won't see very good. If you delete the emissions crap, depending on the truck 2-4 mpg gain. Even just unplugging the EGR will yield a bit of gain. The truck uses diesel to lesson the emissions to put it short and sweet.

The emissions is just a crock, the new diesels are worse for the environment. Maybe not per gallon of fuel, but overall because they use more fuel.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That mileage is ok, but 35's aren't going to hurt it compared to a 38x15.50R20 tire that the tire and rim combo weight 150lbs. My mileage has dropped like a rock. When I was stock, I would see over 1100km to 120L on the highway at 120 no problem. But your truck is definatly a good mileage for the 6.7, most don't see near that.

Gaurenteed if you get rid of the emissions, you'll see better mileage. Some are lucky and be problem free, my dads had nothing but a knightmare. Check engine light has been on for the 110,000km more then it's been off. So many people with issues. Only issue without emissions is warranty but who needs it with the BS gone.

The 6 speed auto is still a crappy auto, it doesn't know what gear to be in and lugs the engine to hell, I cannot stand towing without my standard. And the funny thing is, the 6.7 runs lower rpms then the 5.9, and STILL sees worse mileage.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats seems excellent to me. i get less than half that with my 360 gas. brutal

I agree Maxwell...Anybody getting over 16miles/gallon with a 1 ton is getting pretty good mileage ( on any of the newer trucks ) I love reading these forums where guys are getting 30 empty and pulling big trailers getting 20 +
lol. I think there is a little BS there....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That mileage is ok, but 35's aren't going to hurt it compared to a 38x15.50R20 tire that the tire and rim combo weight 150lbs. My mileage has dropped like a rock. When I was stock, I would see over 1100km to 120L on the highway at 120 no problem. But your truck is definatly a good mileage for the 6.7, most don't see near that.

Gaurenteed if you get rid of the emissions, you'll see better mileage. Some are lucky and be problem free, my dads had nothing but a knightmare. Check engine light has been on for the 110,000km more then it's been off. So many people with issues. Only issue without emissions is warranty but who needs it with the BS gone.

The 6 speed auto is still a crappy auto, it doesn't know what gear to be in and lugs the engine to hell, I cannot stand towing without my standard. And the funny thing is, the 6.7 runs lower rpms then the 5.9, and STILL sees worse mileage.

i dont see a 38 inch being any harder on fuel than stock....your going to drop like 3-400rpm cruising with the larger tires which would offset the weight. would it not? i remember reading in diesel power larger tires was one of the mods for increasing fuel economy.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure Cyle they aren't getting any better on fuel which is BS because the technology is definitely there...I'm just saying I'm more then happy with mine and if you use the manual shifter on the new automatic in the hills instead of letting the truck decide what gear to be in they are a real torque monster.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is 100% Stock...will do the delete and exhaust and put a programmer in here pretty quick.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont see a 38 inch being any harder on fuel than stock....your going to drop like 3-400rpm cruising with the larger tires which would offset the weight. would it not? i remember reading in diesel power larger tires was one of the mods for increasing fuel economy.

If it's a non aggressive tire like a AT or street tire yes. But a heavy mud terrain kills the mileage. My tires weight about 3x more then stockers. City mileage is killed like crazy because of how much more power it takes to get them rolling. Highway is still hurt a bit because of extra rolling resistance. But I bet a 38" AT on the highway would see about the same mpg, maybe a little increase. Most people saying it helped a bit went to like a 35" AT or something.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure Cyle they aren't getting any better on fuel which is BS because the technology is definitely there...I'm just saying I'm more then happy with mine and if you use the manual shifter on the new automatic in the hills instead of letting the truck decide what gear to be in they are a real torque monster.

Yea I just find it annoying, and hate how sometimes it won't let you downshift if it thinks it's to high of rpm's. About the only thing I really like is the exhaust brake. They got power for sure, I just hate the emissions, they are killing the engine and turbo. Without deletes, I can see a lot of these engines going in 200-300km easy. So many turbo replacements on warranty even because of all the soot they see. If I ever owned one (not likely) it would barely make it home before I ripped off all the emissions. Truck is 1000x better off without them in everyway.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But if you plan to have the truck for long drives NO sunroof!!! There is NO headroom in trucks with a sunroof. I can't even sit in the rear of my bros 2010 1500 because the roof is just to low, I am guessing the 2500/3500 is the exact same. It's insane. Even for people around 6'0" it becomes a issue.

The sun roof doesn't seem to bother head room for a buddy of mine. He's 6'7" and with either the front or rear seat's reclined in a comfortable lounging position he has lots of head room whether sitting in either the front or the back seat. The truck is a 2010 megacab laramie 3500 dually.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sun roof doesn't seem to bother head room for a buddy of mine. He's 6'7" and with either the front or rear seat's reclined in a comfortable lounging position he has lots of head room whether sitting in either the front or the back seat. The truck is a 2010 megacab laramie 3500 dually.

That is weird, I am guessing the 1500 must be a different cab? The problem is, the power seats don't go up and down like my 04, so they are so high. Head against the roof in the front, have to recline the seat back to have any room. And in the back, can't even sit up straight. But then again a mega cab there is a lot more room and the way the seats go theres a ton more headroom I noticed in my dads 07.

Great Pumpkin

Reaction score
Still fairly new to the forum, but seeing has how this is dodge number 9 for me. Thought i'd post. This new model is by far the best yet, for comfort and ride. Pulling is pretty good. The 6.7 could use another 100-150 ft/lbs torque for the bigger trailers. This being only the second automatic i've owned. I've found that if you use the little button and treat her like a standard. The new transmission works not to bad. Considering the size of truck mileage isn't to bad at 16-18 mpg. Happy hunting.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
still fairly new to the forum, but seeing has how this is dodge number 9 for me. Thought i'd post. This new model is by far the best yet, for comfort and ride. Pulling is pretty good. The 6.7 could use another 100-150 ft/lbs torque for the bigger trailers. This being only the second automatic i've owned. I've found that if you use the little button and treat her like a standard. The new transmission works not to bad. Considering the size of truck mileage isn't to bad at 16-18 mpg. Happy hunting.

they finally moulded the dually fenders nicely!!!

riffrraffing

Reaction score
***Price Reduced***
Selling my 2008 dodge megacab 4x4 Laramie. Full load. Includes factory DVD and Rear Entertainment, Sunroof, Grey Leather Buckets, Power Adjustable Pedals, Rear Heated Window, Husky Floor Mats, Linex Box Liner, Exhaust brake, Chrome Steps and Chrome Bug Deflector. Excellent shape. 85,000km. Take over my lease or buy out right. 1187/month until June12, 2011 with option to buy at the end of lease for 26676.25. Or buy now for 37,000.00 OBO Make me an offer...

Will also sell with my aluminum Tool Box with hidden built in Fuel Tank w/ Electric pump and hose and nozzle. Tool Box cost me $2400.00

Truck is currently getting 25mpg on the highway. 1,000+ km/tank.

Will include brand new firestone airbags that have never been installed and a front levelling kit. Truck is completely stock. Never been chipped or modified. A virgin. Please call Nathan at 403-505-4443.

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
12,000 km on 2010 3500 srw mega cab. no issues other than a faulty oil pressure sending unit at 200 km. love the interior and the drive train. only down side is it is so quiet compared to my 97 dodge that i find myself speeding a lot more now.

Top Bottom