any advice on doo crank rebuilders

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to get a crank rebuilt for a 08 doo,as a bearing bunched up. Any advice on what shop I should look into, Im in BC, but have heard to try Cycle Works (edmonton), any feedback is appreciated, I did look into CV tech as an option also, but a fair ways for shipping, would love to have it better (trued) than what doo seems to put out for sale as acceptable specs.

GT500john

Reaction score
Call Kyle Micky at TSS in salmon arm he will help you out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to get a crank rebuilt for a 08 doo,as a bearing bunched up. Any advice on what shop I should look into, Im in BC, but have heard to try Cycle Works (edmonton), any feedback is appreciated, I did look into CV tech as an option also, but a fair ways for shipping, would love to have it better (trued) than what doo seems to put out for sale as acceptable specs.
Talk to Brett Linderman

ArcticEdgeMotorsports - Home

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CV Tech IMO 10,000 on the run out on their crank and it wasn't that exspensive for shipping.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mongoose Machine, they are in southern b.c, they do awesome work.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mongoose Machine, they are in southern b.c, they do awesome work.

Have heard bad about both c.v tech and mongoose.

Also have had a bad crank from c.v myself that they wouldn't stand behind.

Only doo cranks for this guy now.

from my HTC

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im running a Linderman trued, balanced and welded Doo crank and so far im happy with it. He was also very good to deal with.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lindermin rebuilt my motor. Put in his 860 but I went with brand new stock crank from brp. Why not??

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had some rebuilt cranks go out of phase on our 860, two in a row less than 600km, last one we installed we got welded and its been good (knock on wood), about a 1000 km on it know.

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got my crank from CV Tech and just finished installing it. should be running soon! i've heard nothing but good from these guys.

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, my understanding is that Cv tech does oodles of contract work for BRP :rolleyes:, if this is trues then they will be using BRP sloppy crank specs which I dont feel is great. Ive heard several mixed reviews about cv over the last few years, also have heard lots of good stuff about Lindermans work. live and learn arghhh.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny on the REV Forum I noted that I just bought a new rebuild from CV TECH and there were a lot of CV Tech haters.......

https://www.snowandmud.com/ski-doo-rev-sleds-461/motor-options-74909.html

So we shall see, new motor gets here in a week and I will have some first hand CV Tech knowledge. As a sidebar the shipping both ways for the new motor and my core was 110 dollars. Which I thought was quite reasonable.

Anyone know what a Linderman rebuild would cost? Both crank and full motor?

Last edited:

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i asked Brent before christmas about a re-built crank and he said he just gets the BRP ones now. Maybe he was too busy, dunno.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just chatted with the good folks at CV Tech because I was little concerned with what I heard here. They have a one year warranty on the rebuild. That is the same as BRP offers on their short blocks, so I think my decision to go with them is valid. Of course the hassle of getting a warranty can suck but at least they offer it. I am not so sure that other engine re-builders offer that kind of warrantyon their product.

Just putting the information out there as I get it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just chatted with the good folks at CV Tech because I was little concerned with what I heard here. They have a one year warranty on the rebuild. That is the same as BRP offers on their short blocks, so I think my decision to go with them is valid. Of course the hassle of getting a warranty can suck but at least they offer it. I am not so sure that other engine re-builders offer that kind of warrantyon their product.

Just putting the information out there as I get it.

Sled head racing sure doesn't kabooooom

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i asked Brent before christmas about a re-built crank and he said he just gets the BRP ones now. Maybe he was too busy, dunno.

He told me the same thing. I guess i should make it clear that i got a new crank from BRP and had him do the extra work to it. He said for the price of a new one from them its a no brainer to get a new one and just have him beef it up.

Top Bottom