another theift in the spruce grove area

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
today between 830 and 200pm my truck with 2 sleds was stolen from infront of my home police have recovered my truck and are holding it for fingerprints but sleds were not found. green m8 hcr and yellow/black skidoo summit 800.
thanks. just trying to get the word out truck was found in the stony plain area at spring lake

Last edited:

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of truck? What area stolen from?

Sent from a iPhone

1999 green f250 hydrolic flat deck. drivers side sled had a grey universal cover passanger side sled had a yellow trimmed factory black skidoo cover

stolen from east side of spruce grove was not on a main street, but not in the back ally either. they smashed out the rear window and poped ignition in the middle of the day so they were not worried about getting caught

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jerome sled snow and mud.jpg michelles sled.jpg

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that man. I will definitely keep my eyes open.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks. Hopefully it is a write off. I never trust vehicles again that have been stolen. You never know what they did and it is never the same.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks. Hopefully it is a write off. I never trust vehicles again that have been stolen. You never know what they did and it is never the same.

I don't want to loose my truck but who knows what kind of damage they did to the truck. So I kind of agree with you.
Cops told us this morning both sleds are no longer in my name so who ever stole them either used a fake bill of sale and registered them or sold them already and some pore bugger bought stolen property. Its almost a good thing I'm up here. Hard for me to "right a bill of sale" when I've been up here for a week now.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
well if they were registered then thy will be easy to find based on SN... if they are "no longer in your name" then obviously the proper SN's were used to register them and they can be traced to the new registered owner...

That seems odd to me, usually when they go missing they end up in parts or across the border to BC....

I bought big Blue back after it was stolen and I had the same concerns, but I had already been paid out and bought it back for 1/3 the payout, if I had to pay full buyout I'd have let it go... but you'll want to either keep or get a good payout on your hydraulic deck, thats a $4800 replacement...

I don't want to loose my truck but who knows what kind of damage they did to the truck. So I kind of agree with you.
Cops told us this morning both sleds are no longer in my name so who ever stole them either used a fake bill of sale and registered them or sold them already and some pore bugger bought stolen property. Its almost a good thing I'm up here. Hard for me to "right a bill of sale" when I've been up here for a week now.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes like bigger said that would make them very easy to find

The sleds anyways crooks would be harder to find as fake name on bill of sale.
Make sure cops and registries typed the vin in correctly though. When I reged my 05 they tried to charge me as it was reported as a stolen unit girl at reg caught it checked vins and she had typed it in wrong grrrrr. So that's all good redo all reg paperwork and came back as a mxz wrong again. Third time was the charm
Good luck finding them and keep you eyes on kijiji one of our consultants in fix creek found his stuff on there. He ahh went to buy it back........... :) got his stuff in the end no cops involved

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
guess its time to put camera's up at home and find an ignition disable/battery shutoff for the truck....... hate when stuff like this hits so close to home.....

Will keep our eyes open Jerome

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
guess its time to put camera's up at home and find an ignition disable/battery shutoff for the truck....... Hate when stuff like this hits so close to home.....

Will keep our eyes open jerome

sorry to hear jerome.............. Unfortunately the older fords are the easiest targets, because they're so easy to steal :(

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear jerome.............. Unfortunately the older fords are the easiest targets, because they're so easy to steal :(

Not really if, like with any vehicle, you know a few tricks.;) At least short of towing it away.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mounting a battery disconnect switch is very easy. I had broken axle in calgary do mine after my truck / sleds were stolen. Now, I never have to worry. Cost about $150

BTW, thanks for laugh - the cops were holding it for fingerprints - the only reason they would hold a vehicle is if they thought there might be a Tim Hortons Roll up the RIm free coffee cup under one of the seats. They do not take sled theft seriously at all.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Well not to steal Jerome's thunder but apparently they did want those prints, because now Jerome has his sleds back and the RCMP have the theives in custody...

mounting a battery disconnect switch is very easy. I had broken axle in calgary do mine after my truck / sleds were stolen. Now, I never have to worry. Cost about $150

BTW, thanks for laugh - the cops were holding it for fingerprints - the only reason they would hold a vehicle is if they thought there might be a Tim Hortons Roll up the RIm free coffee cup under one of the seats. They do not take sled theft seriously at all.

Top Bottom