Alder Flats

never2late

Reaction score
In keeping with my policy of picking brains, I now have a question about Alder Flats. I have read past threads and the info is good. My question is, is this an area best suited to quads and monster mudder guys and girls or could a newbe with a heavy trail bike have a reasonably uneventful ride? I do realize that it is probably fairly wet still but does it dry out a fair bit. Most of my beginner riding is in Redwater. I like it there but need lots of practice on whoops. Thanks.

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
Depends your riding style and what trail you pick. I ride a Honda Rubicon fairly well equiped for mud but not huge tires, and had very little trouble over the weekend and the trails are the wettest I've seen in recent years. My father inlaw has a 500 Foreman with bear claw tires and I only had to pull him a couple times in 40km. I would highly suggest a 4x4 quad but you don't need a monster, there are some nasty holes out there but most have a way around and if you are a little adventerous some of the really bad looking stuff is actually very doable on any machine.

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its pretty wet out there. Anybody can ride the trails - they are mild. Be willing to do a bunch of winching

Top Bottom