Ready to ride

curtixman

Reaction score
Hi riders,
I was born and raised in Onterrible and have been living in AB for about 25 years now.
Have been in Calgary for about 15 years now.
Ride a cruiser or touring bike for many years and a couple years ago I swapped that for a dual sport.
I immediately took to that and in fact last year took up dirt biking as well and really took to that.
The wife said; “What the hell are you gonna do when the snow flies?”. Hahaha...
And now I’m flat broke :D
Being from Onterrible, the vision I had in my mind of a snowmobile and what I was going to be doing with it was completely different that what I found in the used market.
A friend, who doesn’t even own a mountain sled or any sled convinced me that a mountain sled is what I should buy.
So, I started looking and ended up buying a 09 Summit 800r.
Next, being I don’t know a single person with a snowmobile, I joined a couple FB groups and asked the folks at Sledderz;
”Well, I purchased a mountain sled. What now?”. The post got about 200 responses and honesty, most of them scared the **** out of me.
But, it pushed me to get reasonably good gear and to get setup.
I went out my first time in Allen Creek with REX this last weekend and the first day I was stuck what felt like the entire day. I was seriously questioning if I’d just spent a small fortune on a sport I didn’t have the will to learn.
But, in the last hour of that first day, I began to pick up the counter steering and the generally how to get the machine to do what I want.
Day two was a f’n blast!!!
I had a great time and now I think I’m hooked.
But the problem remains; I have no one to ride with :(
Hopefully some of you folks here on the forums can help me out with that.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Curtis.
Welcome to the site.

You did pretty good for a 1st time mountain rider.
Will have to ride again

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi riders,
I was born and raised in Onterrible and have been living in AB for about 25 years now.
Have been in Calgary for about 15 years now.
Ride a cruiser or touring bike for many years and a couple years ago I swapped that for a dual sport.
I immediately took to that and in fact last year took up dirt biking as well and really took to that.
The wife said; “What the hell are you gonna do when the snow flies?”. Hahaha...
And now I’m flat broke :D
Being from Onterrible, the vision I had in my mind of a snowmobile and what I was going to be doing with it was completely different that what I found in the used market.
A friend, who doesn’t even own a mountain sled or any sled convinced me that a mountain sled is what I should buy.
So, I started looking and ended up buying a 09 Summit 800r.
Next, being I don’t know a single person with a snowmobile, I joined a couple FB groups and asked the folks at Sledderz;
”Well, I purchased a mountain sled. What now?”. The post got about 200 responses and honesty, most of them scared the **** out of me.
But, it pushed me to get reasonably good gear and to get setup.
I went out my first time in Allen Creek with REX this last weekend and the first day I was stuck what felt like the entire day. I was seriously questioning if I’d just spent a small fortune on a sport I didn’t have the will to learn.
But, in the last hour of that first day, I began to pick up the counter steering and the generally how to get the machine to do what I want.
Day two was a f’n blast!!!
I had a great time and now I think I’m hooked.
But the problem remains; I have no one to ride with :(
Hopefully some of you folks here on the forums can help me out with that.
Nobody sleds alone sicamous revelstoke and kootneys on Facebook

• Recommends
Reactions: RXN

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!!
Pass through cowtown all the time on the way to revy if we are going to be a man short will pm you to see if it works
That's how it is, all it takes is one good day and your hooked!!!!

Top Bottom