Alcohol + sledding

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a strongbow with dinner last night and drove to my parents house. Am I a bad person?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a strongbow with dinner last night and drove to my parents house. Am I a bad person?

all depends what type of person u were before the strongbow.

i'd assume you still are a pretty good person probably no worse than the rest of us.

thinking we all need to get out on the snow.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because I ride with LOTS of diffrent groups. I will tell you hands down I would way rather ride with potheads over drunks any day. The drunks are loud and stumbling all over the place make excuses why there CATS aren't working (Um your the problem). The pot heads well there just happy to be riding and yet still usefull if needed.JMO

AND dumbest post of the day goes to....

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all depends what type of person u were before the strongbow.

i'd assume you still are a pretty good person probably no worse than the rest of us.

thinking we all need to get out on the snow.

I'm riding the 21-24 and the 28-2! :) And yes I will be consuming beverages of the adult type for the most part off the hill. I don't typically bring any bevies with me on the hill. But sure as hell don't care if anyone else does as long as they aren't tanked. I have fat kid asthma so that affects me enough sledding I don't need to drink.

You'll just see me going "wait! I'm coming to help get you unstcuk *gasp* *wheeze*...remove inhaler *shaking vigorously*...*puff* exhale...*puff* exhale...ok Just a sec! *huff puff*"

Yup...that about sums up what I do moving around at high altitudes with gear on wading through snow.

Funny thing about this topic is that just like expectations, everyone's definition of moderation is different. The definitions depend on upbringing, personal beliefs, experiences etc. Can't knock someone for having the opinion they do, at best try to understand where they are coming from. I pretty much see through this entire thread that EVERYONE regardless of whether they think having a beer or two is ok or not, thinks that getting smashed and riding is stupid. So leave the people that want a beer or two alone, and the people that don't well avert your eyes if its that hard to see.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AND dumbest post of the day goes to....
there are many studies that prove impairment of alcohol is much worse than that of marijuana, especially when studied pertaining to motor vehicle use. this is fact, ignore it if you choose.

that said, I still do not advocate any usage of marijuana or alcohol while riding.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because I ride with LOTS of diffrent groups. I will tell you hands down I would way rather ride with potheads over drunks any day. The drunks are loud and stumbling all over the place make excuses why there CATS aren't working (Um your the problem). The pot heads well there just happy to be riding and yet still usefull if needed.JMO

But the pot heads are allways stoped to eat. How can that be fun

At least drunks are getting beer sandwichs and not hungry and can ride

from my HTC

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are many studies that prove impairment of alcohol is much worse than that of marijuana, especially when studied pertaining to motor vehicle use. this is fact, ignore it if you choose.

that said, I still do not advocate any usage of marijuana or alcohol while riding.

Saw this on Texts From Last Night a while ago

(919): View more from North Carolina · so I was just driving high and I stopped to let a pinecone cross the road because I thought it was a hedgehog.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a hard enough time keeping myself hydrated properly while sledding, introducing beer is a bad idea for me, and I generally bring a 1L of water and a couple bottles of Gatorade. I've had a couple occasions where I've been skiing at Kicking Horse and had to download the Gondy at the end of the day because I didn't feel safe to ski down, and that was just after 1 or 2 beers at the bar. I know my body can easily handle a beer or two and not feel the effects, but after a day of intense physical activity I am affected differently than on any other day. There is no option to download on my sled, so I keep the beer at home and look forward to enjoying once all my vehicles are parked for the night.

crowsfeet

Reaction score
Do you realize energy drinks when taken in quantity are just as capable of imparting motor skills and giving you a false sense of awareness and competency while your motor skills are still impaired..... Much like alcohol and drug do?
Most of the drunks in my riding group enjoy mixing a shot of Jager with the redbull.Best of both worlds. Great for sledding!!

Darrell262

Reaction score
Website
www.calculatedrisk.ca
"To put it into perspective, most stock sleds have roughly the same power to weight as a Nascar stock car. Turbo'd sleds have a power to weight ratio closer to an IHRA/NHRA Pro Stock drag car. You don't see any professional drivers guzzling a Pilsner during a pit stop"

I'd watch that on tv if they did have a drink durning pit stops lol.

I don't drink while up on the hill because I feel weaker/more useless until I burn it off again, which makes me tired. It's hard enough for me with out it lol. We ride with a small enough group anyhow they drink but they are also alot better then me having a beer and don't have issues. Also, there is not alot of people on the hill/area we are in to begin with, so I don't think its as a big of a deal.

I do have a few riding quad/dirt bike and sledding on the trails at night but also, there is generally no one around where we are.

I wonder where you guys are riding is there is alot of population (riding sled etc) then where I am? lucky to see more then a few people ever.

Top Bottom