Aerocharger etec pump gas reliability

Andrew.renegade1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at trading my 13 xm 154 for a 2012 xp with an aerocharger on it just over 1000 miles on it ,air-snow inter cooler 3" 163 track , mountain tamer rear suspension wth fox floats.

Now my question is how reliable are they on pump gas? Can you run them at low elevation ? The guy who has it told me you can buy he always has ran vp110 but at 4/5 psi can run pump !

So can you ride low elevation flat land with them and how reliable are they on pump gas

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your sure it was Ken, call mountain magic and ask him. He has been doing this for a lot of years and know his stuff. Helped me with clutching a few years back was good to deal with.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have one in our group. Runs 5-6 psi boost. 50/50 mix Fury 108 and pump gas. Run it around Edmonton and in mountains. Zero issues. Change clutching a bit and fuel mapping.

Andrew.renegade1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the xp classis isn't as good as an xm but that turbo would be fun and it has all after market suspension

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 400
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 383
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 398
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 404
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 391

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice looking unit! Put some T-motion on there and it would be pretty fun! You can get some fairly inexpensive turbo kits these days however... 5-6k ish.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at trading my 13 xm 154 for a 2012 xp with an aerocharger on it just over 1000 miles on it ,air-snow inter cooler 3" 163 track , mountain tamer rear suspension wth fox floats.

Now my question is how reliable are they on pump gas? Can you run them at low elevation ? The guy who has it told me you can buy he always has ran vp110 but at 4/5 psi can run pump !

So can you ride low elevation flat land with them and how reliable are they on pump gas

yes you can run pump gas... just a word though it is not that the kit is unreliable it is the fuel you are getting that is in question. We have run ours on pump gas, 94 octane at 5-5.5psi with the same setup as you mentioned.

Andrew.renegade1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes you can run pump gas... just a word though it is not that the kit is unreliable it is the fuel you are getting that is in question. We have run ours on pump gas, 94 octane at 5-5.5psi with the same setup as you mentioned.

But but will the motor be reliable or will I be blowing it up in a season or two?

Andrew.renegade1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will the sled be reliable on pump gas. What about mixing 50:50

ride a lot more down here around Edmonton and few trips to mountains a year

sledneckx69

Reaction score
All depends on boost. With the way Ken sets up his sleds, 5-6, premium all day every day. 7-8, around Edmonton, it would be advisable to run straight av. In the hills, good chance premium is still safe, but at fuel prices, why risk it. 9-10, av gas all day every day. I ran his set up on my 08 m8 @ 8, and now on my 15xm @ 5-6........ For now....... Best advice, just give him a call, keep in mind, he can seem a bit facetious at first.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess if u want to run 91 you might have to run on low boost - anything higher probably have to run av fuel !

chad006

Reaction score
I run 60/40 AV/premium at elevation and %100 AV at 2400ft. I would recomend pulling the head at the end of season at the least. I like to pull mine down every season and go through it. Brent at arctic edge has some very good reliability based products for the turbo etecs.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best advice is if your plans are to ride around Edmonton, you don't need a turbo, and stay n/a, unless you want to run real low boost.. My guess would be reliabity issue anything over five lbs... It's just to much power down low

boost and elevation work hand in hand raising hp to. Make up for elevation loss and sometimes a bit more..

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run 5-6 lb in the mountains and only splash the tank with 108 fury. by splash i mean maybe 2l of race as i start to feel a power loss if i add to much. mine dose have the lindermen head work done, which i believe brings the compression down
allowing you to run a lower octane fuel.
I do ride a quite a bit around the lake as well, Vermillion area and i run about 50/50 94/108 around there and it runs sweet and very smooth no pops or farts.
I think the key to pump gas kit is a slightly lower compression head, correct me if i'm wrong just my 2 cents.

sledneckx69

Reaction score
I run 5-6 lb in the mountains and only splash the tank with 108 fury. by splash i mean maybe 2l of race as i start to feel a power loss if i add to much. mine dose have the lindermen head work done, which i believe brings the compression down
allowing you to run a lower octane fuel.
I do ride a quite a bit around the lake as well, Vermillion area and i run about 50/50 94/108 around there and it runs sweet and very smooth no pops or farts.
I think the key to pump gas kit is a slightly lower compression head, correct me if i'm wrong just my 2 cents.

As far as I know, this would be correct. I believe the biggest reason for the head work, is due to the fact that we typically ride where they unload. By that I mean, where these aero kits are developed and tested. They are unloading at times at 10'000' and riding at 13,000'. I have ridden most areas between Mcbride and Sicamous, may have hit 9'000', but that's about it.

Top Bottom