A big thanks goes out to the boys in McBride

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the hills and today we were going to ride bell because it had a groomed trail (rode clemina on sat... unreal woops... ) and we were on our way up to the cabin and we spun out on the road started sliding backwards and nearly put the truck and trailer over the edge... the only thing that saved us was a 2 foot high snow mound... so that was pretty scary... only problem is that we are still stuck... so a few trucks come up and get by us then a truck and trailer come up... stop bout 100 ft back from us and talk to one of the girls that was with us... started coming up didn't spin out at all just rolled on no problem... stopped beside us asked if we needed help and we already called Glengine from spindrift to see if he can phone somebody so we said we were alright... then these guys tried to get going again, spun out slid back bout 50 feet and put the trailer over the edge... it was the scariest thing i have ever seen.

But thats not the point of this thread... just thought i'd give you the run down on what happened. Barry from Mcbride came out and was able to use one of the logging cats to help pull them out and we got some tire chains and we were able to get out as well...

If it weren't for Barry and a few others from McBride it would have been a really really long few days.

Thanks again!

Ryan

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that's some bad news! followed up by great actions of others! That truck and trailer that went over did it role, or just slide down the edge? Hope everyone was all right.! It is people like that, that really make Mcbride a great place to go riding....way to go Barry, and all the others that helped.:d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
just got back from the hills and today we were going to ride bell because it had a groomed trail (rode clemina on sat... Unreal woops... ) and we were on our way up to the cabin and we spun out on the road started sliding backwards and nearly put the truck and trailer over the edge... The only thing that saved us was a 2 foot high snow mound... So that was pretty scary... Only problem is that we are still stuck... So a few trucks come up and get by us then a truck and trailer come up... Stop bout 100 ft back from us and talk to one of the girls that was with us... Started coming up didn't spin out at all just rolled on no problem... Stopped beside us asked if we needed help and we already called glengine from spindrift to see if he can phone somebody so we said we were alright... Then these guys tried to get going again, spun out slid back bout 50 feet and put the trailer over the edge... It was the scariest thing i have ever seen.

But thats not the point of this thread... Just thought i'd give you the run down on what happened. Barry from mcbride came out and was able to use one of the logging cats to help pull them out and we got some tire chains and we were able to get out as well...

If it weren't for barry and a few others from mcbride it would have been a really really long few days.

Thanks again!

Ryan

did you get any pics of the trailer hanging over the edge??? Wow. Was an eventful day for you guys!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some pics under december conditions.. This is also a good time to point out why it is always a good idea to tie your sleds down even when they are in an enclosed trailer..

Hahaha.. You posted at same time as me heyjude.. To funny..

Last edited:
Top Bottom