860R to 1100 turbo

Ekim

Reaction score
Just about to switch sides. Selling my BB and buying an 2013 HCR 1100 Turbo. What cheap or free mods are people doing to these? How much do they really weigh? Any advice for my new sled would be appreciated. Thanks

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've heard from the dealer that they can do some magic with their computer for about 600$ and bump up the hp to 240. seems fairly ludacris to me if thats possible, but then again it may just be jealousy talking :)

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BoonDocker Hijacker, $650, 220HP. It will how ever void your warranty once you plug it in. Also exhaust system, or even a muffler makes big difference too. $159 -859.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BoonDocker Hijacker, $650, 220HP. It will how ever void your warranty once you plug it in. Also exhaust system, or even a muffler makes big difference too. $159 -859.

I ride with 3 1100 cats. Warrenty on those motors isnt a big deal. They will last forever. One of the sleds i ride with has a 215hp pump gas reflash and 3" track. 162. Fun and powerful. My friend loves that thing. 2500 miles last year on it. 800 more this year. Broke a drive shaft last yr. that's it. Totally bullit proof sled. The other two also have around 3-3500 miles. 240hp reflash. 174" 2.5 tracks. And they are tractors. Pretty much unstoppable in the deep revy pow. Cat has a sick 4 stroke and cheap power on tap.

Kenny_h2o

Reaction score
My close friend dropped his off a 8 foot cliff in the trees last night coming out of oasis. No tether and it pinned him under the tunnel. Rev'd out until a plume of smoke came out thought for sure the engine was seized. Towed him out, checked it over the next day just to be sure.

Turned out it was just hydraulic'd and ran like a top today after a few hours of labor in the parking lot.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My close friend dropped his off a 8 foot cliff in the trees last night coming out of oasis. No tether and it pinned him under the tunnel. Rev'd out until a plume of smoke came out thought for sure the engine was seized. Towed him out, checked it over the next day just to be sure.

Turned out it was just hydraulic'd and ran like a top today after a few hours of labor in the parking lot.
Wow. Now that's tough. Lol. That reminds me. My friend also hit a stump early nov at around 10-15 miles per. He is 250 lbs and went over the bars so hard he twisted the stock riser like licorice. But nothing else. No a arm or steering damage. Nothing else. They are tough

Ekim

Reaction score
Has anyone done any work that will not void the warranty? Light weight etc. and where to buy in canada. I demoed the 1100 T yesterday and the steering seemed a little sloppy by the bars. Has anyone modified these to tighten that up?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done any work that will not void the warranty? Light weight etc. and where to buy in canada. I demoed the 1100 T yesterday and the steering seemed a little sloppy by the bars. Has anyone modified these to tighten that up?
They do steer light. Slp powder pros make a big difference. Myself I like a sled to steer that way. Better than feeling like there's a fat guy sitting on the hood like other 4 strokes

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheap & easy: Cold air intake, muffler, and lightweight battery. Skis are a personal preference - I have a set of Pilot DS takeoffs on mine. If you do a speedwerx reflash it is a huge improvement, but EVO's stuff is the creme de la creme on the cat 4 stroke, especially the BRV which pretty much eliminates lag.
Clutching setup: MDS weights and Team Tied - enough said.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a straight pipe on it and a good track lite battery and ride. If you are typical sled head like me, buy the 215 flash, change the clutching, put on a 2.5 exhaust, add vert steering, put on Intercooler fan only to find out buddies 1100 with the pipe only works 98% as well. Many will disagree because like me they have wasted a couple grand in goodies but unless you change to the 250 bigger turbo kits they work good out of the box.

Ekim

Reaction score
Anyone know where to buy a good light weight battery in canada(Western)? How much weight will I lose? And what cold air intakes are people using. I have seen one wherre the intake filter is outside the hood. Who makes this? Thanks

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
c3 powersports

Anyone know where to buy a good light weight battery in canada(Western)? How much weight will I lose? And what cold air intakes are people using. I have seen one wherre the intake filter is outside the hood. Who makes this? Thanks

Top Bottom