860 jaws twins

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wanted to put a thank you out there to dave french at a@e racing for the excelent job on my 860 bb,coupled with the custom domes and the jaws twins this thing puts a smile on my face every time i ride it,wheeling a 163 is lots of fun,next week daves going to dail this thing in on the dyno for me ,great shop,great people.

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
currently runnig 22.5 pilots 560 main jets,860 was built by a@e racing this is not your typical 860 its built around the twin pipes, right now this sled has timing taken out and is pretty rich all done for break in period ,been taken it fairly easy,talked to greg at gaws for required specs of timing for this machine ,once we get it on the dyno dave will set it up to where it should be timing jetting etc just wanted a few miles on the motor first.also running bored carbs,rooster built clutch kit,all i can say is right now not even tuned its not even comparable to my single pipe setup not even close,as for dyno results as a busineess man i want to get the okay from builder but i cant see it being a problem.twins rock,my hats of to greg at jaws performance .

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
currently runnig 22.5 pilots 560 main jets,860 was built by a@e racing this is not your typical 860 its built around the twin pipes, right now this sled has timing taken out and is pretty rich all done for break in period ,been taken it fairly easy,talked to greg at gaws for required specs of timing for this machine ,once we get it on the dyno dave will set it up to where it should be timing jetting etc just wanted a few miles on the motor first.also running bored carbs,rooster built clutch kit,all i can say is right now not even tuned its not even comparable to my single pipe setup not even close,as for dyno results as a busineess man i want to get the okay from builder but i cant see it being a problem.twins rock,my hats of to greg at jaws performance .

yeah this rocks ride with turbostang all da time this thing is a true torque monster, and like he said not even turn yet.....

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So should we take bets on the number it will pull?:d

175hp no air box mod
180 +/- 2hp with air box mods

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

175hp no air box mod

either one of these and ill be happy,i know what they made on daves personal sled without carb boring,but i dont want to gince myself,next monday i drop it off ,oler1234 thanks for all the advice

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

175hp no air box mod

whats the compression, timing, is it ported, dual ring or single ring pistons, and what is this motor built for? more for racing or for riding (this will affect how much porting to assume :D)?

All I care about is where it makes that power, not only about how much. I used to ride a 670 mod built by A&E and I know that thing would hang with a ZRT 800 so I'm sure this thing makes power too.

one guy on the internet said his 860 makes like 245 HP so I'm going to say at least that, maybe even twice as much? ;) at least until you tell me the compression...... LOL

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
13.1 custom cut domes,dual ring pistion,timing is going to set as per gregs recomandations from jaws,jugs are ported this i seen because i put it together myself,right now this thing rips real fun sled

Top Bottom