Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is not good.
3 were rescued, and 8 missing.

Searches called off until tomorrow.:(

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Sounds like they had all the right gear and equipment.Sad to hear of it .Take care everyone.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heart felt wishes go out to all the families of the victims this is a sad time for all involved everyone enjoying the holidays and outings please be smart and safe

throttle-up

Reaction score
Website
www.leekseeker.com
Just got back from sledding in Golden and heard the news out there. There is no doubt that the snowpack is unstable and unpredictable!

My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to the survivor's, families, friends and all the volunteers and professionals involved in this horrible situation.

To the survivors that made the hardest call of their lives...YOU MADE the right call!

To the rest of us who sled, we need to think more about what we are doing out there! It's time to wake up and get real. More of us are getting killed because we are going further into the back country and the sleds have made areas more accessible than ever before.

I have ridden Harvey many times and it is an area that only experienced sledders would go. To be honest, it is one of those areas that kind of gave me the chills everytime I went there.

Most of us have probably done the exact same thing as these guys did and have gotten away with it. Sled safe everyone and think about this situation every time you venture out so their deaths aren't in vein!

RIP

karbz700

Reaction score
what a sad heartfelt tragedy. Anyone know if they were wearing avy packs.

hamster

Reaction score
well said throttle-up. Take time and think about what we are doing. So no more go though the same thing. At the end of the day we all need to come home

The Snowman

Reaction score
I am fiding it hard to explain to people that don't ride the mountains why people would be out in the back country when conditions are this dangerous.

Just look through any of the condition updates on the site right now and all anyone is talking about is how much powder there is and showing ridiculously good snow! if you can ride it safe right now, this is some of the most unforgettable sledding you will do in your life, and if you have experienced bottomless powder you will know of the addiction I am talking about. You hear of a big storm rolling in and what do you do? Head for the hills to get the snow before someone else does. Countless times I have done this myself and made it home with memories of a lifetime, and will likely continue to do this.

I am guessing the men in Sparwood were no different than any of us and they were out there doing what they loved but the odds did not play in their favor on this day.

We can say all we want about safety gear and training but when you are having the sickest ride of your life it is easy to forget about where you are and how easy it is for something like this to happen.

Cheers to our fellow Sledders in Sparwood and may peace come to there families in time.

Hardway

Reaction score
Its only the beauty of friendship that surpasses a riders love for the outdoors. Condolences and prayers to the families.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tough watch...they did whatmost of us would do in dangerous conditions and took most precautions. A few lessons to be learned, so sad..

Top Bottom