600cc exhaust put on a Summit Highmark 700. Is this a problem?

OVERKILL

Reaction score
I picked up a 2000 Summit Highmark 700cc Skidoo last night and the guy told me he had put on a different exhaust and all he could find was one of a 600cc Skidoo and that it ran leaner now cause of that. Should I be concerned with the 600 exhaust on a 700 sled in any other way then it running leaner? and should I just add a little oil to the gas because of the running leaner factor? and how much oil to gas if so? As well I did a compression test and it was about 112 on one cylinder and 122 on the other...Time for the top end to be done?
Any advice appreciated!

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might need different main jets. Its the fuel that could be leaned out, not the oil....

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By adding oil directly to the gas you will be making it run even leaner. What do the spark plugs look like? They will tell the story.

OVERKILL

Reaction score
By adding oil directly to the gas you will be making it run even leaner. What do the spark plugs look like? They will tell the story.

They are both fairly close in color, one a nice tan color and the other a little darker. Skidoo doesn't seem very snappy off the start...When you're driving along seems better just no bottom end power like I think it should have.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd phone Gregg at jaws and ask him. He's the only guy I know that builds replacement pipes for these chassis and will know if the actual pipe is different for sure. I suspect the bushing/stinger end may be smaller on the 600 then what you need but he can confirm.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same pipe. No problem you likely see gains. We installed a 2000 700 twin in my daughters 600 summit. Used the 04 rev pipe. This thing is mean. A 800 better have its tune on kill or its toast. Minor mods to 700. Lol

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same pipe. No problem you likely see gains. We installed a 2000 700 twin in my daughters 600 summit. Used the 04 rev pipe. This thing is mean. A 800 better have its tune on kill or its toast. Minor mods to 700. Lol

You went the opposite way though. Pipe from bigger motor won't have a smaller bushing then a pipe from smaller motor.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I installed a 600 rev pipe on a 700. If you read closely I installed the 2000 700 into 600 rev chassis.

Last edited:

OVERKILL

Reaction score
I'd phone Gregg at jaws and ask him. He's the only guy I know that builds replacement pipes for these chassis and will know if the actual pipe is different for sure. I suspect the bushing/stinger end may be smaller on the 600 then what you need but he can confirm.

I'll give him a call. Thank you! Is he out of Edmonton, would you have a phone number?

Last edited:

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what he's gonna say. Lol. Know him personally. But hey. spend the dime.Its his head and shim kit in the 700 that I installed in the 600 chassis that I used the 600 pipe on.Too funny. Do let us know.

Last edited:

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Popcorn Popper really knows those 600 and 700 Summits. His was stupid fast. A 600 pipe on a 700 is no problem at all, like PP said, might even make more power. :)

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhh Captain Jack. Thanks for the kind words. Those were the good ol days for sure. I thought you were playing in the sand dunes? If you quads go like your ol triples the dunes likely spun all flat!!!

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the case of zx pipe I don't think you will as it's the same pipe. However I put on a rev pipe which have been revised since 2000. The only pipe that is different is the 800.The 600 may have a slightly smaller outlet on pipe which is where the gains would be had.If you are worried about it I have the factory 700 pipe for that 2000 summit. Plus a set of jaws twin pipes. Forsale. Just rechecked shed factory muffler there also. Pm me if interested.

Last edited:

OVERKILL

Reaction score
In the case of zx pipe I don't think you will as it's the same pipe. However I put on a rev pipe which have been revised since 2000. The only pipe that is different is the 800.The 600 may have a slightly smaller outlet on pipe which is where the gains would be had.

And it should be alright in every way running the 600 on my sled? Otherwise I could look for an exhaust of a 700...

OVERKILL

Reaction score
In the case of zx pipe I don't think you will as it's the same pipe. However I put on a rev pipe which have been revised since 2000. The only pipe that is different is the 800.The 600 may have a slightly smaller outlet on pipe which is where the gains would be had.If you are worried about it I have the factory 700 pipe for that 2000 summit. Plus a set of jaws twin pipes. Forsale. Just rechecked shed factory muffler there also. Pm me if interested.

PM sent.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what he's gonna say. Lol. Know him personally. But hey. spend the dime.Its his head and shim kit in the 700 that I installed in the 600 chassis that I used the 600 pipe on.Too funny. Do let us know.

There's your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom