5th Annual Snowandmud.com ATV Jamboree........

Andrew650

Reaction score
Hey just read the post on last years event, is it going to be same place and only for those that are camped there? If so what's the cost per night there and what is rally entrance fee? Been wanting to check out that outback place anyways so this would be perfect

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey just read the post on last years event, is it going to be same place and only for those that are camped there? If so what's the cost per night there and what is rally entrance fee? Been wanting to check out that outback place anyways so this would be perfect

all of this information will be posted in the coming weeks. This is just a thread to get feedback and suggestions from the members.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
What if we were to choose a cause.... like STARS air Ambulance and made it a fund raiser in an effort to put a positive community spin on the event....

May be easier said than done, or maybe not even achievable but if it is I'd gladly help out with the leg work.

Doubt I'll ride the rally but I'll gladly help out at one of the check points.

Nah, not this year

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I'll be raked over the coals for suggesting this, but how about having a helmet requirement? I've thought this about previous rallies I've attended. How can we as a community claim to be working for a good cause like STARS Air Ambulance, a local fire department, or a injured riders foundation, or even claim to be promoting a safe and family friendly activity when we knowingly allow people to participate in the event without the proper safety equipment? I must have seen at least 25% of the participants in last years SFD poker rally riding without helmets...I thought it was a little odd considering the rally was raising money to support the organization responsible for rescuing people who hurt themselves while riding.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Pretty sure this has long been a requirement...

I know I'll be raked over the coals for suggesting this, but how about having a helmet requirement? I've thought this about previous rallies I've attended. How can we as a community claim to be working for a good cause like STARS Air Ambulance, a local fire department, or a injured riders foundation, or even claim to be promoting a safe and family friendly activity when we knowingly allow people to participate in the event without the proper safety equipment? I must have seen at least 25% of the participants in last years SFD poker rally riding without helmets...I thought it was a little odd considering the rally was raising money to support the organization responsible for rescuing people who hurt themselves while riding.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

We do have a "mandatory helmet" rule in effect, and I've got to say over the past years we've had VERY good participation and co-operation with this rule!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What if we were to choose a cause.... like STARS air Ambulance and made it a fund raiser in an effort to put a positive community spin on the event....

May be easier said than done, or maybe not even achievable but if it is I'd gladly help out with the leg work.

Doubt I'll ride the rally but I'll gladly help out at one of the check points.

Bogger want to be a "Smokie Cooker" ? Mid-trail lunch and tow unit for Many numbers fleet

Andrew650

Reaction score
Nice to see the helmet rule, never understood why anyone would ride without one. I don't care if I'm goin 10 kms/hour or 100 helmet always on, only takes one bad move or not seeing that branch sticking out and that's it for your riding. If you guys need help marking and cleaning up the trail I would be happy to lend a hand but only for that as I want to participate in the rally

Top Bottom