4 stroke brand opinons?

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can argue that statement. My friends girlfriend has a 2005 YZ250F and that thing has a fantastic motor as opposed to a new one. I don't ride a yamaha,but, anything 2006 (the aluminum frame) or newer is slower than a PW50 compared to older YZ250F's (figuratively speaking of course) . If yamaha had the amount of power those older 250F's had, I'd hop on one in a heartbeat. 250's and 450's. They're going backwards in horsepower. Who wants to buy a bike, to then have to drop about $1000 for a full system, then $700 in cams, to then compete with the power of other brands? Now I'm not saying they are terrible motorcycles, they're good, but they were better.
Just my 2 cents.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya they were powerful...but it was like riding a mechanical bull compared to the new ones. there has been horse power loss for ever but now there light as a feather. Just dont go as fast in a straight line.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya they were powerful...but it was like riding a mechanical bull compared to the new ones. there has been horse power loss for ever but now there light as a feather. Just dont go as fast in a straight line.

what your mistaking for power loss is more of smoothing the power out. i personally like power hit. but if you line a 2010 up agains that old bike. you'll be suprized when what you thought was more powerful loses to the new smoother power band. example. buddy has a af cr500 hits and pulls like crazy. now we go out and he's stuck on hills. where my crf450 tractors by him.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya man thats a pain in the arse. seems that everything you slap on these bikes always leads back to dam carbs. exhaust was a pain the ass too!

well moast of my problems has lead to the ac pump, it turns out kristina sundal had a AC PUMP DELETE KIT!!!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they got rid of your accelerator pump? why on earth would anyone do that? 4 strokes loooove fuel. just worked on a guys bike at my house as a sidejob for jetting and it had a deadly bog, had to go up 1 size on the pilot, 2 sizes on the main and you'd think he had efi now. some guys think thats a sound of flooding, when in reality it's starving.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they got rid of your accelerator pump? why on earth would anyone do that? 4 strokes loooove fuel. just worked on a guys bike at my house as a sidejob for jetting and it had a deadly bog, had to go up 1 size on the pilot, 2 sizes on the main and you'd think he had efi now. some guys think thats a sound of flooding, when in reality it's starving.

I know eh alot of ppl dont know alot about carbs and i dont blame em there a pain in the ass. fuel injection for me next year!!!

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now im running a 42 piolet, 172 main, and 50 leak jet. before the leak jet had no HOLE! i also sealed up my header and it starts alot better now. I gotta tune the ap pump now.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah EFI is pretty awesome. Less maintenence, and no need to service a carb now. I'm gunna miss carburetors. lol

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate carbs but at the same time ill miss em cause i like tinkering to make stuff better. but EFI will be the greatest thing ever man there so responcive. uncle has a rmz450 with it and man its touchy throttle :D

Top Bottom