3" or 2.5"

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO go with the Avids as they are a great product.

Putting a 174 2.5 on my 2012 pro, got a great deal on the track and rails, but what drivers should I use, or should I say, can I use,, I know I have to change to 3" pitch vs. factory. I figure a few more paddles on the ground never hurt anybody...

---
I am here: Google Maps

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis from tracks Canada is fighting to get it fixed under warranty. Here's hoping.

sent from a phone

He might have some issues gettin warranty as camoplast is working at shutting him down from selling their tracks.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He might have some issues gettin warranty as camoplast is working at shutting him down from selling their tracks.

thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. he moves more tracks than anyone. that would be a good business decision for camoplast........

and camoplast is working on shutting him down? where do you get your information?

if camoplast wanted to shut him down all they have to do is stop putting tracks on the truck. not that hard. nothing to work at.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maxwell, I agree. That doesn't even make sense unless he isn't getting his tracks directly from Camo.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. he moves more tracks than anyone. that would be a good business decision for camoplast........

and camoplast is working on shutting him down? where do you get your information?

if camoplast wanted to shut him down all they have to do is stop putting tracks on the truck. not that hard. nothing to work at.

I have actually herd the same thing maxwell he is considered a rouge dealer and he does not buy direct from camoplast but from someone else and he is undercutting all the other guys making them complain to camoplast. I assume when he gets warranty he just sends it to the dealer he buys from and they try to get the warranty from camoplast. The problem is lots of sled shops complain about him cause he is out of his garage and has no overhead and its more of a side job. My opinion is if i can get it for cheeper thought him ill buy.

Reaction score
I have a 163x3 on my Pro, turboed and have had no issues with lugs coming off the track about 500miles on it now. Depending on your riding ability and size I dont think there would be a huge difference in the 163 or 174 especially if you have the weight to throw around. I have not ridden a 174 but have heard alot of people say there is not a huge difference on the hill during cabin talk.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Curtis is not going out of buisness and he sells a crap load of tracks around Canada as Maxwell stated why would they shut him down? Because dealers are charging to much and there customers take there buisness to Curtis? I hit the Bull crap button..... I have purchased all of my tracks and acessories avalible through tracks canada from Curtis, if you realy want a straight to the point no crap opinion on a 163 - 174 2.5 or 3 inch call him. He will steer you in the right direction...

Last edited:
T

TracksCanada

Oh someones fishing !! Track sales must be a little slow, that's the only time this stuff shows up on here. Might as well take a run at the #1 guy in Canada.

Why not ask snow & mud to put the thread back on here where Tracks Canada explained how Camoplast and their dealers move product to the end users. S&M won't because their paid avertizers complained about the thread and so S&M caved to their pressue.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh someones fishing !! Track sales must be a little slow, that's the only time this stuff shows up on here. Might as well take a run at the #1 guy in Canada.

Why not ask snow & mud to put the thread back on here where Tracks Canada explained how Camoplast and their dealers move product to the end users. S&M won't because their paid avertizers complained about the thread and so S&M caved to their pressue.

I wasnt fishing at all. It was just info i was told by a couple of my sales reps.

GoHiSK1

Reaction score
I am one of the Pro RMK riders that went with the 174 x 3 track and Avid drop and roll . Have not had the chance to compare with a 174 x 2.5 but have riding buddy with 162 X 3`s on a E-Tec. I am sure he would agree that the 174 is just a little bit better in the really DEEP powder . As for lugs coming off I can not say yet as we are both just under 500 miles.
I am from the prairies but my sled only gets used in the mountains and this year the snow conditions have been awesome with huge amounts of fresh before or during my rides in BC. What I am saying is my sled is a Mountain sled after all and no flat land riding for it.
Oh yes, my sled has a turbo . haha LMAO or something like that. Internet lingo is not my first language.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am one of the Pro RMK riders that went with the 174 x 3 track and Avid drop and roll . Have not had the chance to compare with a 174 x 2.5 but have riding buddy with 162 X 3`s on a E-Tec. I am sure he would agree that the 174 is just a little bit better in the really DEEP powder . As for lugs coming off I can not say yet as we are both just under 500 miles.
I am from the prairies but my sled only gets used in the mountains and this year the snow conditions have been awesome with huge amounts of fresh before or during my rides in BC. What I am saying is my sled is a Mountain sled after all and no flat land riding for it.
Oh yes, my sled has a turbo . haha LMAO or something like that. Internet lingo is not my first language.

so your saying your pro turbo 174 is better than an etec stock 163.......hmmm

Chunk

Reaction score
Oops, was supposed to quote maxwell's question as to why theyd be trying to shutdown tracks canada:

Because he resells US tracks and doesn't buy from Canadian wholesalers which makes it hard for legitimate companies with a store front to compete. Been down this road. Buying from Curtis is fine until you need warranty. You have to pay shipping back to tracks USA and then back to camoplast. In the end it's too expensive to risk it being denied. I had a track go bad (2.5 extreme) talked to camoplast and sent pictures. They said it should be warrantied until I told them where I bought it. Curtis's prices are decent, but keep in mind if you need warranty it's going to be a big ordeal and odds are you won't get approved from camoplast.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. However after a lengthy conversation with curtis he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. And legally no one can make him. I can't speak for the warranty as I've never had to warranty one. But he does assure his customers it will get taken care of sometimes it is just a time consuming process. There is a new warranty claims guy at camoplast who is complicating the process for everyone. Including other dealers. Curtis even told me he has been fighting a rejected warranty claim for over a year now and has just finally got warranty on the previously rejected track.

The only people who are going to have warranty claims are those puttting huge amounts of power to the ground anyways. I've never had an issue with 2.5" or 3" losing lugs on stock machines and we run them hard right through june. Its the price you pay for running high hp through something that isn't designed for it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only people who are going to have warranty claims are those puttting huge amounts of power to the ground anyways. I've never had an issue with 2.5" or 3" losing lugs on stock machines and we run them hard right through june. Its the price you pay for running high hp through something that isn't designed for it.

I guess I dont have to worry about warranty on my undepowered Pro. But all those E-tec guys better watch out!

Top Bottom