2024 Polaris

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would get another Polaris for sure, even after all the Doolaider trolling comments.
As a guy who actually has a Polaris I can say that I have had zero breakdowns, zero tows and 1400km of smiles on the Boost.
I would have no reason to not get another one but there has been zero issues for me and all recalls/parts/labor fully covered.
How has that worked out for you Doo guys now and in past - burned lol! Oh ya there is a cost screwing coming to all you chain case guys just in case you where actually uncertain of the future.
Not surprised not much changed. Its the only 900, only need minor updates unless you're a Doolaider then the world is ending.
Boosts, they are working way better than 90% of the owners know how to use, just like G5 owners. So the boost only got a few tweaks - not surprised by the release at all.
Polaris guys are mostly happy.
The Doo guys...... well they whine about all things nondoo and threatening.

Oh and the Boost was dynoed last year but the numbers were clearly wrong,
they were much higher than the Doo.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would get another Polaris for sure, even after all the Doolaider trolling comments.
As a guy who actually has a Polaris I can say that I have had zero breakdowns, zero tows and 1400km of smiles on the Boost.
I would have no reason to not get another one but there has been zero issues for me and all recalls/parts/labor fully covered.
How has that worked out for you Doo guys now and in past - burned lol! Oh ya there is a cost screwing coming to all you chain case guys just in case you where actually uncertain of the future.
Not surprised not much changed. Its the only 900, only need minor updates unless you're a Doolaider then the world is ending.
Boosts, they are working way better than 90% of the owners know how to use, just like G5 owners. So the boost only got a few tweaks - not surprised by the release at all.
Polaris guys are mostly happy.
The Doo guys...... well they whine about all things nondoo and threatening.

you can say the boost is great all day long randy, i would agree with you that they work well. However they are the same price point as the G5 but out of the box but the G5 is a much faster, more responsive, better low end, higher torque sled with SHOT. If you didnt do all of those modifications to your boost you wouldnt be preaching the same when g5 are walking all over you. These are just facts. If you buy a boost its because you like polaris snowmobiles. not because its the best performing sled. And thats just fine to each their own. Always has to be a second place to push the competition.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Does anyone with a Polaris know if you can lock the screen on the gps from changing. My buddy has one and we were deep in some gully’s and trees and he was trying to use it for navigation but the snow was so deep that it kept covering the screen. Every time he brushed the snow away it would change the screen or the orientation of the map or some other setting. It was not real easy to use for navigational purpose with that happening. Other than that it seems like a pretty good setup.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
didn't watch the polaris reveal but did the company try and do any PR to address the recalls/stop rides? something like a renewed commitment that focuses on quality and customer satisfaction? seems like a no-brainer type thing to do. that would be something the buying public would like to hear, i'd think.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can say the boost is great all day long randy, i would agree with you that they work well. However they are the same price point as the G5 but out of the box but the G5 is a much faster, more responsive, better low end, higher torque sled with SHOT. If you didnt do all of those modifications to your boost you wouldnt be preaching the same when g5 are walking all over you. These are just facts. If you buy a boost its because you like polaris snowmobiles. not because its the best performing sled. And thats just fine to each their own. Always has to be a second place to push the competition.

I agree the G5 is the better sled out of the box, depends on handling and chassis a person likes for sure.
Both boosted brands and both brand's NA sleds serve different crowd's needs in outstanding fashion.
As in the past I'm still pretty sure only 10% of riders can actually fully use their sleds ability.
But it is nice to have the best ride experience possible - thats why my Boost got the rework.

Off topic but my Boost is for sale after this weekend.
PM if you are interested.

Done for the year and going NA next year.
Just not sure which NA but likely 9R.

Last edited:

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone with a Polaris know if you can lock the screen on the gps from changing. My buddy has one and we were deep in some gully’s and trees and he was trying to use it for navigation but the snow was so deep that it kept covering the screen. Every time he brushed the snow away it would change the screen or the orientation of the map or some other setting. It was not real easy to use for navigational purpose with that happening. Other than that it seems like a pretty good setup.

Absolutely - there is a touch-screen disable feature built in. Press the Polaris star button on right hand side of screen, then a message pops up on the lower left saying "hold button for 2 seconds to disable touch"

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m sure the Polaris crowd can handle it. Please post these findings, or where does one find these turbo dyno results, it would be good to know.. Doo trailed Poo’s hp for years.. it’s good to see them set the bar!! We all win

The production boost was dynoed at around 170 hp. Not the magic Bikeman numbers that was floating around.
My old G4 turbo with a 21hp tune was dynoed in Edmonton at 186.5hp.

The 9r, its still a NA sled, so yah Big yawn from polaris.

To bad the new 3.25 wont fit on older polaris sleds, she will be a tight fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are the hand warmers though?

I have a couple used sleds for sale and that is the #1 question i get. That and reverse...

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess it’s up to Yamaha to surprise

Yamaha will probably be the one to drop the biggest change this year….everyone will want one…wtf didn’t see that one coming sorta thing… that’s what I’m holding out for. Ha.

I gave up on that fantasy a long time ago, but you keep hanging on little buddy. ;)

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Absolutely - there is a touch-screen disable feature built in. Press the Polaris star button on right hand side of screen, then a message pops up on the lower left saying "hold button for 2 seconds to disable touch"
Thanks I will let him know. That was a real pain in the a$s.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The production boost was dynoed at around 170 hp. Not the magic Bikeman numbers that was floating around.
My old G4 turbo with a 21hp tune was dynoed in Edmonton at 186.5hp.

The 9r, its still a NA sled, so yah Big yawn from polaris.

To bad the new 3.25 wont fit on older polaris sleds, she will be a tight fit.

I would agree by the seat of the pants Dyno, just have never seen any Dyno print outs to confirm anything??
I have run 6 turboed poo‘s since 2011, still have 3 of them in my shop. My 2020, 850 Khaos is my favourite but I found I was pulling the (yawn) 9R out to ride mostly!! That sled is just a blast to ride… Probably just getting to old for the big hp….
I‘ve rode and rode a lot with the G4, not a fan of it but I’ve not had a chance yet to throw a leg over the G5.. I hear it’s the best thing since sliced bread…
I never really liked the big paddle tracks, I do really like the 2.75 but I will try the 3.25 on the 9R next year😊

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard from TethAir since the release ? worried about him :LOL:
Sorry I have been riding stupid deep pow. There is some news from Polaris. The new Series 9 track to get the power to the snow and the new bulkhead/cooler configuration to make room for it. This doesn't sound like much but must be a huge chassis change to accomodate. Was a new track needed? No not needed, but wanted by many and will sell. Why did they make it 3.25" and not 3"? Simply to out-do Doo for lug height.
Polaris has the models and features to satisfy but just needs to make the changes to make them most efficient and reliable. This is the year for that. I really hoped Doo would give more choices to riders. More engine options, colour options, light weight choices like belt drive, etc. Lynx offers something different but unfortunately not exactly what I'm looking for.

For me this year it is going to be another difficult decision on what to buy. I can buy either a sled that is most fun to ride but needs mods to keep it running or a sled that will keep running but needs mods to make it fun.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry I have been riding stupid deep pow. There is some news from Polaris. The new Series 9 track to get the power to the snow and the new bulkhead/cooler configuration to make room for it. This doesn't sound like much but must be a huge chassis change to accomodate. Was a new track needed? No not needed, but wanted by many and will sell. Why did they make it 3.25" and not 3"? Simply to out-do Doo for lug height.
Polaris has the models and features to satisfy but just needs to make the changes to make them most efficient and reliable. This is the year for that. I really hoped Doo would give more choices to riders. More engine options, colour options, light weight choices like belt drive, etc. Lynx offers something different but unfortunately not exactly what I'm looking for.

For me this year it is going to be another difficult decision on what to buy. I can buy either a sled that is most fun to ride but needs mods to keep it running or a sled that will keep running but needs mods to make it fun.

I like the new freeride. Thats what id get. But the polaris's are working good, when they work.

I dont think skidoo needs a 900, i think they could make a 850HO and that would be cool. Imo

I know everyone loves the turbos now, but there is a little bit of a weight penalty.

Not a ton, but noticable.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are the hand warmers though?

I have a couple used sleds for sale and that is the #1 question i get. That and reverse...
D8D0096B-0EA1-4BCD-8D19-981F049B9A66.jpeg

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the new freeride. Thats what id get. But the polaris's are working good, when they work.

I dont think skidoo needs a 900, i think they could make a 850HO and that would be cool. Imo

I know everyone loves the turbos now, but there is a little bit of a weight penalty.

I really wish they would of made the expert with the 15” wide track option and not just the freeride, I have no need for the big shocks and the extra cost, but sure would like the 15” wide track option

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really wish they would of made the expert with the 15” wide track option and not just the freeride, I have no need for the big shocks and the extra cost, but sure would like the 15” wide track option

Fair enough. The shocks are the big seller for me.

16 or 15 inch track to me isnt as important.

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would agree by the seat of the pants Dyno, just have never seen any Dyno print outs to confirm anything??
I have run 6 turboed poo‘s since 2011, still have 3 of them in my shop. My 2020, 850 Khaos is my favourite but I found I was pulling the (yawn) 9R out to ride mostly!! That sled is just a blast to ride… Probably just getting to old for the big hp….
I‘ve rode and rode a lot with the G4, not a fan of it but I’ve not had a chance yet to throw a leg over the G5.. I hear it’s the best thing since sliced bread…
I never really liked the big paddle tracks, I do really like the 2.75 but I will try the 3.25 on the 9R next year😊
9R is the funnest sled I’ve ever ridden and is also the most precise and predictable. At 66 years old I prefer NA even though there is no doubt when super deep and steep the Doo Turbo has a huge advantage.
It is rewarding when an old man occasionally gets his 9R where it’s a struggle for my doo Turbo friends.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

they dont need a 900 thats correct. Put an 850 against a 9R and the 850 will outperform it. if the could squeeze some more out of the 850 that could be neat for guys that still like to hang low and slow

Top Bottom