2024 Polaris

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was young I was told if you can’t start it you can’t ride it. Same applied for my kids.

I was told the same thing, a 1993 Xlt with triple pipes was a tough pull for a 11-12 year old but with some effort and technique it started lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dyno shmyno you can literally hop on both these boosted sleds and feel the difference for yourself straight out of the box. and its easy to do because theres alot of them on the hill. Heck your buddy probably has one
This is not always the case. I rode 2 identical Doo g5 Turbos this past weekend. One felt like it had signifigantly more power than the other. One felt like a N/A until the hill opened up and the other had power right from the bottom. Only difference was that one was on clicker 2 and one on clicker 3.

I can bet If I was on a Polaris Boost and then jumped on the less responsive Doo, I would have thought the Boost had more power. BTW that Doo was way easier to control and would be prefered in the tight trees. Less whiskey throttle events. This sled also might actually get more track speed with the clicker on 2.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
9R is the funnest sled I’ve ever ridden and is also the most precise and predictable. At 66 years old I prefer NA even though there is no doubt when super deep and steep the Doo Turbo has a huge advantage.
It is rewarding when an old man occasionally gets his 9R where it’s a struggle for my doo Turbo friends.

The 9r actually reverses the effect of aging.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
The 9r actually reverses the effect of aging.
It's been like that every chassis upgrade lol. I get older, they stay the same age man. I was substantially more sore at 17 on the powder extreme 600 triple at the end of the day than I am on my 9R at 38. And going to way cooler places now too.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The New rail profile is going to help get the non Khaos models a little more play without being fully Khaotic. Nice touch as i find my Pro Rmk's need a little more lift of the skis.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For half a bushel of barley I will pull that rope all day long. Show me the parts list to subtract 25lbs from the doo.

It was posted in the comments on that snowest post where that pic came from.

Snowest removed a estart completely and they weighed it, I didn’t pull the number out of a hat.

The 25lbs estart was removed from the Polaris.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was posted in the comments on that snowest post where that pic came from.

Snowest removed a estart completely and they weighed it, I didn’t pull the number out of a hat.

The 25lbs estart was removed from the Polaris.

Matt
I think he meant there is no where to strip 25# off of a Doo.
A can on a Doo would be negated by can on a Poo and so on.
A Doo is just heavier and that is just in design engineering of how the two sluds are built.
Double wall radiator tunnel ( that hold ice) to end of Doo and tin foil tunnel on the Poo, 286 rivets on a Doo tunnel and boards, glue on a Poo and so on.
Heavy clutch on a Doo, P22 on a Poo that explodes and gets even lighter.
The Doo is a heavier (tank) for a reason - oh that was mean.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I missed the 2023 head to head dyno runs.
Where did this happen.
Last year in the head to head the Polaris ran at 197 hp on the Bikeman.
Are you saying it has lost 25hp from the 2022?
Would like to see this year's comparo, I like that stuff.
Same day same dyno - I actually missed this video for 2023.
Post a link please.

Well........, no ambasador link.
I'm calling complete BS on 172.
Sometimes dust in a corner should stay swept in a corner.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Matt
A Doo is just heavier and that is just in design engineering of how the two sluds are built.
Double wall radiator tunnel ( that hold ice) to end of Doo and tin foil tunnel on the Poo, 286 rivets on a Doo tunnel and boards, glue on a Poo and so on.

The point guys we’re getting at on snowest was, the expert came with shot, the equivalent of the same start system is the estart that would add the 25lbs to the boost to get a start system you didn’t pull a cord on.

Semantics yes, but snowest also could of used the lighter summit x as well that didn’t have shot installed.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a call from my dealer about my snowcheck. I ordered a 850NA in blue with the 7S but can only get a black tunnel with the 7S, the rest is blue. If I wanted the tunnel blue it would come with the standard gauge.. I was undecided between the black or blue tunnel anyways so I guess Polaris made it easy for me as I wanted the 7S. The 7S is apparantly in hot demand. Glad my order is in.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Matt
I am a Polaris guy, but that there is funny!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would take 7S over shot.
The reality is the new Polaris with updated ecm/flywheel and Cobra cord start with a flick of the wrist. Almost as easy as pushing the SHOT button and certainly much faster. I always thought it would suck if you were parked on a Doo and you noticed an Avy heading your way and you needed that 1 to 2 seconds for SHOT to wake up. I always leave my kill switch up for a quick escape. There is the odd time that my sled is tipped downhill on the right side and I am on the uphill side trying to start it that SHOT would be nice. Once in 5-10 rides at most.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reality is the new Polaris with updated ecm/flywheel and Cobra cord start with a flick of the wrist. Almost as easy as pushing the SHOT button and certainly much faster. I always thought it would suck if you were parked on a Doo and you noticed an Avy heading your way and you needed that 1 to 2 seconds for SHOT to wake up. I always leave my kill switch up for a quick escape. There is the odd time that my sled is tipped downhill on the right side and I am on the uphill side trying to start it that SHOT would be nice. Once in 5-10 rides at most.
Shouldn't park in a run out zone😉

Top Bottom