2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good ol snow west, that was a 9r sales pitch, 9r rolling through on the tv in the back. No names were mentioned of course when clutch issues were brought up. As for some of the calibration issues it's not real shocking that cat was working on fuel mapping, maybe clutching also before production models. With the lack of snow this winter I am sure clutch calibration has been a challenge, its pretty hard to replicate real riding at elevation on dirt. I guess next winter will tell the true tale once these units get into consumers hands.

With Polaris and skidoo usually the Prototypes run as good or better than production models. Having a prototype this late in the season with calibration issues is concerning. Especially since they had two years to figure it out since the 600 catalyst was released

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Levithan

Reaction score
Other than the clutch I haven’t seen a 9R blow up yet

Skidoos are pretty good, I haven’t blown up or been with a turbo R that has gone down yet. I’ve seen them online but some will go down it’s just odds with how many are out there

Have seen many a doo engine go and quite quickly. Muskoka's new turbo doo( i believe it was last year) blew it's engine on the trail up. Many complaints of doo engine's not lasting 200km's let alone a maximum of 2-2500km.
Went to the mountains a few weeks ago and it was 2 doo's and a poo getting towed out. The cat's that were there( 5 of us and about 10 others i seen that day) were as usual, reliable and made it out under there own power.
Doo's had chaincase issues that would leave you stranded, and poo's are continuing to have clutch bolt issues, again leaving you stranded and let's not talk about all the gauge issues with the doo's.
Not inclusive of all the stop ride issues the last few years, seems to, NOT BE GOOD lol as according to snowwest's biased opinions about cat.
Very few new sleds come clutched properly(all 3 manufactures), snow west should know this and not harp on it, guaranteed a clutching issue.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With Polaris and skidoo usually the Prototypes run as good or better than production models. Having a prototype this late in the season with calibration issues is concerning. Especially since they had two years to figure it out since the 600 catalyst was released

All I can really say is that this winter has been horrible for on the snow testing before the prototypes were given to testers, I don't remember a winter ever with this little snow across the country. Also since the Textron takeover it definitely stalled everything, Arctic cat lost a lot of ground that will be difficult to make up. I am not brand biased as I have owned them all.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_5098.jpeg
Part 2 is out. Proudly sponsored by Polaris….

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have seen many a doo engine go and quite quickly. Muskoka's new turbo doo( i believe it was last year) blew it's engine on the trail up. Many complaints of doo engine's not lasting 200km's let alone a maximum of 2-2500km.
Went to the mountains a few weeks ago and it was 2 doo's and a poo getting towed out. The cat's that were there( 5 of us and about 10 others i seen that day) were as usual, reliable and made it out under there own power.
Doo's had chaincase issues that would leave you stranded, and poo's are continuing to have clutch bolt issues, again leaving you stranded and let's not talk about all the gauge issues with the doo's.
Not inclusive of all the stop ride issues the last few years, seems to, NOT BE GOOD lol as according to snowwest's biased opinions about cat.
Very few new sleds come clutched properly(all 3 manufactures), snow west should know this and not harp on it, guaranteed a clutching issue.
So should Snow West just not mention the bogging and poor throttle response in their review then?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Tells you everything you need to know…

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is the best looking of the bunch. And I think that is the most important part; best looking sled, newest and greatest gear so you look pimp in the parking lot. The riding part is over rated.

I don't want to stare at an ugly duckling in the garage after spending 30g that's for sure.

EldestEldo

Reaction score
If they were 18 grand i woulda been real interested in one but they priced themselves out of my intrest
Seem to be pretty much the same price as the others now that their 2025 prices are out. Though obviously you can get a screaming deal on a 2024 holdover from Skidoo or Polaris.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seem to be pretty much the same price as the others now that their 2025 prices are out. Though obviously you can get a screaming deal on a 2024 holdover from Skidoo or Polaris.
If they wanted to gain some more market share why not come out swinging and come in under what the competition is at? I no in tbe farming world guys dont switch brands when the price is the same lol gotta be a deal

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
same as a polaris 850NA or 9R? what is the warranty?
4yrs on mine. My option, 1yr factory, the extra 3 were thrown in either as a price discount on the unit or take. I took as this will remain fully stock as my backup or low snow conditions.

Top Bottom