2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not arguing. $6000 is way too much gap from base model to pimp. Similar to the duramax Cadillac for $150000. Base model mid $80000’s. Paying $70000 for tv’s in the head rests.

There is a sucker born every day i guess.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A small turbo cost like 1000$ there isnt even an intercooler on these sleds

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its $4600 difference between a plain doo summit and a freeride. Its $3700 between a plain Cat catalyst and a Mountain Cat. Overpriced? Sure. But the spread is fine.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Twice as many assesories and chit sold too.
Then make twice as much....

Have to do a spread sheet or something lol

Yep accessories is where they make their real money, that and parts. Sure manufacturers make money selling sleds, but that’s a one time deal on that sled. People will buy stuff for it the whole time they own it and that crap is marked up huge at the dealer let alone what the manufacturer profit margin is on that stuff. I used to get cost on parts and accessories at dons, was unreal how much cheaper my price was then on the shelf price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Niners price is OTD, going to assume the other doesn't include taxes, freight and pdi.

Well 6g for a gauge sound like.a rip off to me.

But if someone has putin money, then no big deal. Buy 100

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the top of the line model (non atac) was 22k out the door I would have grabbed one. The base model price isn't too bad, but still $1500 to much in my opinion. Im a buyer that wants to support Cat and thats how I feel, can only imagine was a non loyal person is thinking. Why get this when you can get a hold over turbo option from one of the other guys is a thought I'm sure many of the people are thinking. Cat needed to price this to get some market share back from Doo and Poo and they dropped the ball.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well 6g for a gauge sound like.a rip off to me.

But if someone has putin money, then no big deal. Buy 100

I agree, you'd be better off getting the base model. Buy the gauge (even though buddy tracking doesn't work in Canada) and getting aftermarket Fox or Ohlins coilovers.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, you'd be better off getting the base model. Buy the gauge (even though buddy tracking doesn't work in Canada) and getting aftermarket Fox or Ohlins coilovers.
Wait... Buddy tracking doesn't work in Canada? That's almost as bad as BRP requiring a cell phone and cell service.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wait... Buddy tracking doesn't work in Canada? That's almost as bad as BRP requiring a cell phone and cell service.

Nope. Need cell coverage for it to work. Think something to do with the radio wattage being too high for Canadian regulations.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last line exlpains why the group ride doesn't work.

1000010612.jpg

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder if you could get the US version of the gauge and the buddy tracking work.
I see no reason why it wouldn't work. You're just operating on frequencies that may have legit commercial users.
The Garmin tread is an add on module to add the group ride radio to my understanding, it's not integrated.

Country cat already has the new gauge listed

Top Bottom