2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What happens if the 600 starts out performing the 9r? We all know how well Cat gets the power to the snow.
Low altitude will be its friend but I think the hp (and torque mostly) gap is to big up in the hills..
It needs boost or cc’s.
When the 858 get unveiled, it will likely be a different story.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So 3 lbs less and 55 hp less than 9R… I would think tough sell for mountain segment.. I hope your 858 is kick ass.
It also has a better powder track with a deeper lug, and 6K less of a price. Will it beat a 9R no but it will still be a fun sled and will do better than most think. The Catalyst was originally designed for the 858 and that was how it was to be released. It wasn't until raw material shortages forced AC to either hold the chassis back a year or plug the 600 in. The 858 is a few pounds lighter and sits 3/8 of an inch lower, that brings the cog down 3/4 inch making it handle even better than the 600. The 858 is being built now for demo sleds and I am going to do my best to try one out. They are going to work AC has done too many things right for them not to.

Levithan

Reaction score
Low altitude will be its friend but I think the hp (and torque mostly) gap is to big up in the hills..
It needs boost or cc’s.
When the 858 get unveiled, it will likely be a different story.
You've apparently never ridden a 600 cat before. My son had a 2015 ctec 600 and he rode all that we did. I have ridden that sled as well and had no issues with climbs or deep pow. Many guys are super impressed at what a 153 2.6 600 ctec will go through and climb to the top of. Can only think that the 600 catalyst(being lighter and better handling than the proclimb) is pretty dam capable and impressive in all conditions, 858 should be awesome.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Around 180hp apparently as it is a stroker.

The doo 850 is a stroker as well. I remember the Hp claims of the 9r and the boost when they were released in the prototype stage. Lots of hype with the calculations on the percentages.
It seems Poo and cat are afraid to release their own Dyno numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You've apparently never ridden a 600 cat before. My son had a 2015 ctec 600 and he rode all that we did. I have ridden that sled as well and had no issues with climbs or deep pow. Many guys are super impressed at what a 153 2.6 600 ctec will go through and climb to the top of. Can only think that the 600 catalyst(being lighter and better handling than the proclimb) is pretty dam capable and impressive in all conditions, 858 should be awesome.
I’ve rode lots of 600’s on the prairies, very capable, very fast… however a 600 (don’t care who’s) and my fat a$$ plus gear isn’t getting to far off the beatin path in the mountains.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The doo 850 is a stroker as well. I remember the Hp claims of the 9r and the boost when they were released in the prototype stage. Lots of hype with the calculations on the percentages.
It seems Poo and cat are afraid to release their own Dyno numbers.

Show me official Doo dyno numbers, last one was 163.X HP for the 800 etec IIRC. Then the 850 came out as 165hp 'class'

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

im sure the 858 will work good as an 858 im sure but your still going to be 50+ hp short of your buddies.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Show me official Doo dyno numbers, last one was 163.X HP for the 800 etec IIRC. Then the 850 came out as 165hp 'class'

Lol, that was a third party dyno on a prototype engine. That dyno number was produced on a engine that was used for 1 year. 2012 had a different engine. Those 800 doo engines made less than 160hp.

IF dynotech is the dyno that people want to see then, a G5 turbo made 187hp on it stock, with a jaws pipe add another 20hp. I have the dyno chart for both, and they mirror lindermans dyno chart of a stock G5, and the jaws pipe, when he tested the new turbo pipe.
I personally do not see the new cat engine making the big Hp claims of a aftermarket BB such as a linderman BB kit, but I do believe that engine will work extremely well in that new chassis.

Last edited:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woah woah woah you use to say how awful those big heavy 4 strokes were, even with the high HP they were putting out. So now now being heavier is ok with more HP? Or is it only acceptable for Doo?
As long as it’s under 600 pounds ready to ride there is no fat shaming.

Top Bottom