2023 Harvest Pictures

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Entrance.
Came out through opposite side leg bone.
Was a steep downward frontal shot.
Not a pass through as it went through a fair bit of bone but about 6" arrow was sticking out far side.
Fell over within 5 seconds.
Right thogh vitals.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Always curious. My muley Buck draw this year . Sent an arrow through and through at 45 yards, maybe 20 percent decline.. dropped at 30 yards upside down in seconds. Red picture is entrance.
886039018cbae0a5d03685ba47d94278.jpg
54f354de0abbbb1fb6ecde7ab3acaa65.jpg

Sorry for the picture quality tap a talk

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you go boar hunting? Alberta or elsewhe? That's awesome. Pretty good eating?

Hog wild adventures in Alberta, about 25 minutes southeast of Whitecourt. And yea they are delicious, they are fed just as good as any domestic pig would be. My buddies are guides out there and I help out a bit on the farm as well when I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one wild pig I had the fortune of eating was horrible....very strong taste....wasn't my thing, just shoot, take photos, coyote bait

You must of got one from a terrible place or was it an actual escaped wild one? We never have complaints and they sell them commercially as well.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You must of got one from a terrible place or was it an actual escaped wild one? We never have complaints and they sell them commercially as well.

It was offspring from escaped domestic pigs, how many generations later I don't know. He was a fairly large male, and it was horrible eating. Shot out of a farmers oats field too.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was offspring from escaped domestic pigs, how many generations later I don't know. He was a fairly large male, and it was horrible eating. Shot out of a farmers oats field too.

Ya the old wild males aren’t as good. The boar jalapeño cheese smokies I had made last year were amazing, some of the best I’ve ever had. These pigs we have around here and at the farm are not offspring from domestic escaped ones, they are a European breed that were imported in a lot of years ago and are well taken care of feed wise

Top Bottom