2023 Harvest Pictures

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out hunting today and came across 2 poached elk. real crappy. lots of quarters still there but the animals had made a mess of them. clearly could see a bullet holes in each animal. there was another group of hunters that had arrived just before us and said they would call it in

Ghfalls

Reaction score
Could be the more privileged hunters. Backstraps, tenderloins and rear quarters were gone I bet.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
called it in off a mountain slide
image000001.jpeg

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my first coyote yesterday. 2nd year "hunter" and doing the farm field thing this week. It's been a crazy fall so yesterday was my first time out. No idea what I'm doing and didn't see any deer. Lots of coyotes. Got excited and missed my first one. Second one looked like Swiss cheese.

Headed back out now
20231123_165555.jpg

Last edited:

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my first coyote yesterday. 2nd year "hunter" and doing the farm field thing this week. It's been a crazy fall so yesterday was my first time out. No idea what I'm doing and didn't see any deer. Lots of coyotes. Got excited and missed my first one. Second one looked like Swiss cheese.

Headed back out nowView attachment 276138
Coyotes make great practice. Dad always said if you can roll a coyote at 200 yards should have no problem making a good shot on a deer.... unless its got big horns then all bets are off haha

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coyotes make great practice. Dad always said if you can roll a coyote at 200 yards should have no problem making a good shot on a deer.... unless uts got big horns then all bets are off haha

That’s when buck fever sets in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a deer last year but not much around right now that I'm seeing. 500 coyotes though. Harassing the neighbours calves and coming in our yard so I'll be thinning them out

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see bucks every time im out hunting in our zone , I could care less to shoot any unless they are wall hangers though….. I have a freezer full of moose so no need to shoot a deer, but animal populations in our zone are better than ever this year

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see bucks every time im out hunting in our zone , I could care less to shoot any unless they are wall hangers though….. I have a freezer full of moose so no need to shoot a deer, but animal populations in our zone are better than ever this year

You must be up north, down in 166 the whitetail deer numbers are down to nothing.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You must be up north, down in 166 the whitetail deer numbers are down to nothing.

Ya we’re in 348, there has been 6 moose, about a dozen deer and 3 elk all harvested within a few km’s of farm where we hunt in the last 2-3 weeks. And still yesterday my buddies were out hunting and saw 12 moose, over a 100 wt deer and a small 15-20 elk heard. I think the fires pushed a lot of animals from west of us to the farmland and they are staying. Been a very successful hunting season

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we’re in 348, there has been 6 moose, about a dozen deer and 3 elk all harvested within a few km’s of farm where we hunt in the last 2-3 weeks. And still yesterday my buddies were out hunting and saw 12 moose, over a 100 wt deer and a small 15-20 elk heard. I think the fires pushed a lot of animals from west of us to the farmland and they are staying. Been a very successful hunting season

Wow that's good hunting area, yeah down here it seems there are a few mule deer around, les and less bull moose, an the whitetails are decimated. Them flying around shooting everything from choppers for so called cwd have hurt the population big time in the 100 zones.

Top Bottom