2023-2024 Revelstoke and Area Updates

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody see or here anything about this

They could use some skiers to help with the search I'm sure
One article says they are searching in Rogers pass another says 10 miles east of Revelstoke , it has been a dark grey day here so no doubt conditions are not favourable for search and rescue . Hopefully in the morning will be better .

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rob Blair regularly flies a private helicopter between Calgary and Sic.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does every aircraft not have a GPS beacon that is instantly findable? This definitely isn't my area of expertise.....but it blows my mind that we still need to "go looking" for stuff like this

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
“We have the Canadian Armed Forces involved, we have aircraft on scene, we have a drone on scene and the Cormorant (rescue helicopter) is waiting to see if it can get into the site,” Carey said.

“It is almost impenetrable right now. The weather has been very much a challenge. We searched all through the night. The weather is pretty bad.”

Carey said ground crews are not able to access the crash site.

The helicopter's emergency beacon is active, but weather and rough terrain are making it difficult to access the crash site.

“We are doing an air electronic search and a ground electronic search,” Carey said.

“If we can get a fix on it, we will send the drone into that area. We don't know the condition of the pilot so we want to move as fast as we can because, as you know, the longer it takes, the less the chances are.”

Capt. Pedran Mohyeddin, with marine forces, said the emergency “ping” is roughly 10 miles east of Revelstoke.

Terrain in the area is steep and shrouded in clouds.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rumor mill around town here is that the pilot is a local. Only two here that have helicopters that I know of and they both have Calgary connection and travel back and forth. Hope they are ok.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rumor mill around town here is that the pilot is a local. Only two here that have helicopters that I know of and they both have Calgary connection and travel back and forth. Hope they are ok.
Damn, buddy of mine flys for Glacier. Just sent him a text.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reports of the helicopter being found near Greely at Twin Creek . Results are not good. Although a name is out there I will not repeat it.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super good guy, used to ride with him a bit many years ago. Always will to help out

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes knew Rob for years. Dealt with him many times at my old shop. Even installed a rotary valve shaft in his lower case on Christmas afternoon. Was a legend in the sport. Sadly he had some health issues as well but God needed him sooner I guess.

Top Bottom