2022-2023-Mcbride conditions and updates

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Lol! Know that guy that blew his track off very well Ron! He just phoned here getting the posse together for haul out!! But the boys went to Belle today, open areas wind affected but trees and meadows were good!
1631ADFB-6CCD-4A30-B2AC-9DA6362B5F24.jpeg

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the snow was as good as advertied!
Was great riding with caper11, good guy great rider.
We will have to do it again this year, thanks for the sled swap, was good to try a G5.
Merc63, great riding with you also.
Smooth rider always in control.
Met Maxwell, he was out of i met maxwell t-shirts so the experience was a bit lacking.
I did have to admit to him that the G5 is a wicked sled - hmmmm snowcheck is coming!
Was good to ride with Ron also, he is progressing very well to being his old self again.
Ron posted the deep pics.

Last edited:

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was couple deep days in renshaw

Attachments

• 85A9D1E1-D77F-479E-9304-97FA86748269.jpeg
    85A9D1E1-D77F-479E-9304-97FA86748269.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 193
  • EA5E7F6F-E5D6-49E5-8DA5-FE8B88CE212B.jpeg
    EA5E7F6F-E5D6-49E5-8DA5-FE8B88CE212B.jpeg
    383.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 785AE6DD-9FDA-48FB-9266-182F3BCD5C60.jpeg
    785AE6DD-9FDA-48FB-9266-182F3BCD5C60.jpeg
    310.4 KB · Views: 193
  • D43F0127-942A-4568-A241-B97369642A0F.jpeg
    D43F0127-942A-4568-A241-B97369642A0F.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
00c08ad92713fe5bb798a4f3ee6042b8.jpeg

Well holy snow! Wicked two days in Renshaw, this was me Friday in the anthills, snow was weird to ride in, lots of hard wind slabs, when my brother rode up beside me this hill top settled.
Saturday was a blast, with snochuck, merc63, and the legend himself rknight, got to explore more as the snow started to settle.
Unfortunately, the great days were spoiled by a horrible trail down, Im usually pretty tolerant on this particular topic, but felt I should be brought up. Please don’t say weather, because revy has mashed potatoe trails, and their trails do not get like this.
On a positive note, The speed bumps definitely helped me avoid hitting a moose just before the bridge, thank you to the riders behind me that obeyed my hand signal to stop. they probably didn’t see it, and wondered what drugs this rider was on, but I let the moose run ahead to give it space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to concur with Matt and Ron.
The only time i have seen the trail in worse condition is back when there was no groomer
We were about in 25th spot GOING UP and it was getting whooped.
Just brutal!
People where swearing parked on side of trail and i will not repeat the language heard in the parking lot.
Renshaw is one of the crown jewls of BC and i promote it vigorously. There is a serious service issue here that needs to be addressed as this affects who will come back and money entering town.
We did not ride today because of this and i am cacelling my trip in two weeks, if my back and balls have to bounce down the trail again that hard my sack will stretch FFS.
There are soloutions, put RW back in the Renshaw groomer seat for a starter, put the dam blade down and shave a bit with the drag, charge $30 for Friday Saturday and groom mid day.
You are hurting people's bodies and trashing their expensive sleds.
You only get one reputation, salvage this and adopt a change fast.

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could have give those turboes a run for there money , looks like a good time was had by all 🍺

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Ron, they rode up thru 27 on Sunday got up top and it was white out!! Went back to the cabin hoping for a change but it never let up. He put a call into Whelpton, and chopper was mentioned so I haven’t talked to him since. Hills were still socked in when we left this morning!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
No Ron, they rode up thru 27 on Sunday got up top and it was white out!! Went back to the cabin hoping for a change but it never let up. He put a call into Whelpton, and chopper was mentioned so I haven’t talked to him since. Hills were still socked in when we left this morning!
Rod and I pulled BrianH's sled out from the area adjacent to that. I was the front guy and rod was tied to my sled then to that one. Was a bit of work to get it out. That guy felt confident he would have it out himself without assistance. No way, been there before, hope its out soon. They even left there food in back bag, a critters probably pillaged that already.

Levithan

Reaction score
Glad the Reshaw trail was brought up, it was the worst i have seen it and made riding a horrible experience even though the pow was awesome.
I would pay more for a well groomed trail up and down.
There is not enough grooming for the amount of useage on the weekend.
I would pay upto 40bucks for a well groomed trail up and down for renshaw vs the 25 for a wooped out pile.
Should be groomed at night and at 1pm ish, just let people know they may meet the groomer mid day.
Went to Lucile on Sunday and they didn't even groom as the trail was still good.
So if i'm spending money for the same groomer of reshaw to ride a non groomed again Lucile, would it not be prudent to groom renshaw more?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was truly expecting to see a post by JCH or CR by now as they closely watch this thread and like to defend the grooming.
You can ride other town/club areas and trails are not at all like Renshaw was. This is not a new issue and has been sub par for years, this past weekend was just over the top brutal.
As the two I have mentioned have a direct link to the groomer owner/operator a response is expected.
What changes are going to be made to improve the service that is NOT being provided.
There is a mutitude of options.
No response means no change and scew the people that use the trail.
This WILL keep people away and hurt the town.
There is a link from the MBCSA - a positive response would be good to read instead of pages of the whipping the existing service deserves.
Let"s hear a response.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How warm was it at lunch time in the lower valley? Probably plus 10 or more.

They got hammered with snow during the week and you could not tell in town as it was grass and dirty slush!

I don’t run a groomer but Grooming that trail in the afternoon probably wasn’t possible.

If you been to renshaw on a 500 sled weekend you would have known what you were getting into. It was the first dump of the season and everyone from everywhere went to the same place! They couldn’t even groom the the last 3 km after the 27km turn off because of roots and stumps poking through the trail earlier in January. That trail had been a highway up and down for the last many years when the weather is cooler.

Top Bottom