2021 Polaris

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What happened did the retarded kid get higher marks then u it's ok skid not everybody has your skiLLs... SkiD u sound like the kinda GuY thaT was Trained to siT down while u taken a piss ... Jesus is not here right NoW... He can't HeLP u MeoW !!! P. S. if YouR Looking for STeWART LooK in the MiRRoR ... BiTCH !!!
I’m guessing when you stand at a urinal you pull your pants down all the way to your ankles

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing when you stand at a urinal you pull your pants down all the way to your ankles
O HeY Stewart called said your old nick name was Bacon STRiP before skid cause ya didn't know how ta WiPE YouR ass at BoYsTowN ...

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode the poo...NOT in the steep an deep but just at Alberta Beach for the day. I know not being in the Mtns will change a lot but this is all IMO!! I ride a 15 Freeride 154 and this is IMO was comparing the two. Love the way i feel sitting on the poo, rider position is great. I don't feel i need a taller riser when standing up, almost sitting too high on the machine for a taller rider. The steering is different and i feel like i can get the machine over with less effort then the FR. Now for smashing the throttle, this poo had stock clutch with finger throttle and a ggb can with only 300km on it, 163". mine has finger throttle also, 2900km a DJ clutch kit (on clicker 1 )and a can nothing major. My FR kills this poo with throttle response...Felt like it made a lot of noise and was screaming but with less pull (maybe need clutch work?) again, IMO and we were not in the mtns. Found some powder and had some fun, when the poo is sideways i can here the track ratcheting.
This sled is so easy to get it over, very nimble and would love to try it in the deep. But lacks power big time. I figure with a 3yr newer sled and still pretty fresh motor this would have tons of power...i didn't. We never went flat out across the lake....cuz that doesn't matter to me but from side by side stop on hard packed snow the FR ate this poo. I would love to rent one for a weekend before making up my mind of course and like some have said, the 850 is a different beast from the 800. I won't know till last min if i can make it to sled fest in vale but if i do i wanna try one for sure, i think the axys would be a waaay easier sled to ride in the mountains with deep snow. Renting or trying the new 850 will be the decision maker. i really like the Axys chassis. if the 850 has more to offer in power then the 800 i think i might be making a switch :dontknow:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forgive me if I'm not reading your response correctly but it sounds to me like your saying your 174 AXYS is faster and climbs higher, making it better for straight up climbs in open bowls. While the 165 Expert is more maneuverable in the trees which makes it better suited for technical riding? :)

You are not reading correctly. Tree riding on one ski and the AXYS is better. When on one ski you actually turn the opposite way to your desired direction to initiate at turn (just like a dirt bike) BUT puting through the trees at the the bottom of the hills and the Doo is better, The newer Ski-Doo skis have a deeper keel and are shorter, this plus the T-motion make the ski-doo easy to steer around by turning the skis in the direction you want to go.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
rode the poo...NOT in the steep an deep but just at Alberta Beach for the day. I know not being in the Mtns will change a lot but this is all IMO!! I ride a 15 Freeride 154 and this is IMO was comparing the two. Love the way i feel sitting on the poo, rider position is great. I don't feel i need a taller riser when standing up, almost sitting too high on the machine for a taller rider. The steering is different and i feel like i can get the machine over with less effort then the FR. Now for smashing the throttle, this poo had stock clutch with finger throttle and a ggb can with only 300km on it, 163". mine has finger throttle also, 2900km a DJ clutch kit (on clicker 1 )and a can nothing major. My FR kills this poo with throttle response...Felt like it made a lot of noise and was screaming but with less pull (maybe need clutch work?) again, IMO and we were not in the mtns. Found some powder and had some fun, when the poo is sideways i can here the track ratcheting.
This sled is so easy to get it over, very nimble and would love to try it in the deep. But lacks power big time. I figure with a 3yr newer sled and still pretty fresh motor this would have tons of power...i didn't. We never went flat out across the lake....cuz that doesn't matter to me but from side by side stop on hard packed snow the FR ate this poo. I would love to rent one for a weekend before making up my mind of course and like some have said, the 850 is a different beast from the 800. I won't know till last min if i can make it to sled fest in vale but if i do i wanna try one for sure, i think the axys would be a waaay easier sled to ride in the mountains with deep snow. Renting or trying the new 850 will be the decision maker. i really like the Axys chassis. if the 850 has more to offer in power then the 800 i think i might be making a switch :dontknow:

The Polaris 850 has very soft factory clutching. Proper clutching makes it a completely different sled. Your FR would even be close in the mountains.... Guaranteed.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Don't test ride one with a 850 or unless you are ready to spend some money.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get this back on track... I say every year this is the time im gonna buy a new machine but never do. I really like the look and style of the khaos. Never owned a poo before and i drink the doolaid but seriously thinking on making a jump. is there anyone actually gonna check one of these poos? if you are who's you're go to dealer. i avoid Riverside here at all cost, not gonna bash them but have my reasons. I'd like to see one, any dealers have or will have one of these new machines on the floor before April? i never even sat on a poo before...

Cycle Works West without a doubt. The best service department ever.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Polaris 850 has very soft factory clutching. Proper clutching makes it a completely different sled. Your FR would even be close in the mountains.... Guaranteed.

And yes when you properly clutch the 850 it is a totally different sled. The 2021 will have the right gearing, we will see about the clutch. I bet it will need some tweaks.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Keep in mind you have a freeride with a much wider stance, last gen chassis and a much stiffer suspension calibration. It will forsure feel way less nimble and require more effort than a new 36” axys. Compare it to a new expert and suddenly the new axys is not more nimble at all. The expert chassis is like a hot knife through butter. The axys It’s quite unpredictable and feels underpowered like you said. The chassis is not linear in its side to side movements. In stock form anyways. The bottom end is nothing like a skidoo 800 or 850 they have some homework to do there. It’s a lighter machine which makes up for its poor engine and clutching performance. If they could get a direct injection engine, proper clutching and a forward post, it would be winner with how light it is

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind you have a freeride with a much wider stance, last gen chassis and a much stiffer suspension calibration. It will forsure feel way less nimble and require more effort than a new 36” axys. Compare it to a new expert and suddenly the new axys is not more nimble at all. The expert chassis is like a hot knife through butter. The axys It’s quite unpredictable and feels underpowered like you said. The chassis is not linear in its side to side movements. In stock form anyways. The bottom end is nothing like a skidoo 800 or 850 they have some homework to do there. It’s a lighter machine which makes up for its poor engine and clutching performance. If they could get a direct injection engine, proper clutching and a forward post, it would be winner with how light it is

My comparison was only for the axys but you're 100% right, huge change from a 15FR to a 20FR or expert, I'd still like to try out a newer FR for more then 10 mins... I rode a 19 FR start of the season for only a few mins, not enough time to get a real opinion and the sled had 3" risers for a short guy, didn't like that too much. I'm trying my best not to be brand loyal as i always been and keep my options open. Figure if i jump on a new FR it would be game over and wouldn't try another machine.

Top Bottom