2019 Election Results Watch Party

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_2289.JPG

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish people would just stop with this "cut the transfer payments off to the feds" BS. There are no transfer payments from the provinces to the feds. The only way to stop the flow of money to Ottawa is you, me, the next guy, our employers, etc. not submitting their taxes. Try that out and let me know hoe it works for ya. It usually doesn't end well.

Are you ****ing retarded?

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you ****ing retarded?

No, but I'm pretty sure you've got enough of a head start on your own.

Look, I'm f-ing fed up with this country right now, too. I'm all for not being controlled by the Laurentian Elites, but going off half-cocked and not having a single sniff how the flow of tax dollars actually travel through this country doesn't make the wexit cause look any better.

Reactions: win

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, but I'm pretty sure you've got enough of a head start on your own.

Look, I'm f-ing fed up with this country right now, too. I'm all for not being controlled by the Laurentian Elites, but going off half-cocked and not having a single sniff how the flow of tax dollars actually travel through this country doesn't make the wexit cause look any better.
You pay 10k in federal tax.
Of your 10k.v
2k sets spent to run the country.
6k gets invested into federal initiatives and social projects in other provinces.
2k gets invested back into Alberta.
Sweet deal.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You pay 10k in federal tax.
Of your 10k.v
2k sets spent to run the country.
6k gets invested into federal initiatives and social projects in other provinces.
2k gets invested back into Alberta.
Sweet deal.

Exactly.

So can the people that keep trotting out the "Kenney and Moe should withhold our transfer payments" schtick, please stop because it doesn't work that way... The only legal way that changes is the feds reworking provincial transfer formula.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly.

So can the people that keep trotting out the "Kenney and Moe should withhold our transfer payments" schtick, please stop because it doesn't work that way... The only legal way that changes is the feds reworking provincial transfer formula.

This is correct for personnel taxes.
Royalties on natural resources sales (all forms of natural resources) and taxes to the associated corporations work somewhat differently.
These are largely collected by the provincial governments, to this there is a transfer formula to Ottawa.
Kind of like stumpage charges in BC .
This is where Kenney wants to hit via referendum, as well as challenge the present distribution formula that was just amended by Ottawa for a 5 year term.

Don't think Kenny is meaning the personnel taxes, yet.

Last edited:

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom