Going to drop the writ of election on Sunday

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can verify a similar story. My son works for Nutrien in Calgary. A coworker of his went to vote first thing Monday and came to work bitching someone had voted in his name before him. Got in a big fight with the Election official and left in a huff. Can’t blame him.
My neighbor was in front of me to vote... they mixed up him and his dad. Crossed wrong one off...
Then I get up there and my sons name and mine were 3 lines apart and they crossed his name off instead of mine.
Lots of people not paying attention me thinks

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah we may not like it but that’s what our forefathers fought for in world wars. Unfortunately the right is not to bright. Haha
ha now we are finding out just who threw the election

CBCCBC

'Kenney effect' hurt federal Conservatives on Alberta election night, experts say​

Tue., September 21, 2021, 7:00 p.m. MDT

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney announced new public health measures last week — political scientists say that may have played a part in Monday's election results. (The Canadian Press - image credit)

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney announced new public health measures last week — political scientists say that may have played a part in Monday's election results. (The Canadian Press - image credit)
Political scientists say the Tories' commanding grip on Alberta was weakened on election night by Premier Jason Kenney's controversial response to the devastating fourth wave of COVID-19.
The "Kenney effect" was in full force at the polls, said Lisa Young, a political scientist with the University of Calgary.
Conservative support in Alberta fell by nearly 14 per cent in Monday's federal election, allowing the NDP and the Liberals to gain a foothold in some ridings.
Many Albertans voted in protest against COVID-19 restrictions or a lack thereof, Young said Tuesday.
"I think we saw a few things that sort of speak to the Kenney effect," she said.
"The fact that the Conservatives didn't do as well in terms of the popular vote as they have in the last couple of elections is probably a case of the traditional Conservative supporters not going up to vote, or voting for another party as a protest."
As Canadians elected a Liberal minority government for the second time since 2019, Alberta remained a largely uninterrupted sea of blue.
The Conservative Party of Canada dominated in Alberta, especially in rural ridings, but there were notable exceptions in ridings that instead went orange or red.
The NDP held on to Edmonton Strathcona, and by early Tuesday, NDP candidate Blake Desjarlais was declared the winner over Conservative incumbent Kerry Diotte in Edmonton Griesbach.
George Chahal won for the Liberals in Calgary Skyview. In Edmonton Centre as of Tuesday afternoon, Conservative incumbent James Cumming remained locked in a see-saw battle against Liberal Randy Boissonnault in a still undeclared race.
The Tories were left with 55.4 per cent of the vote in Alberta. In 2019, the party garnered 69 per cent.
Public health divide
Young said Kenney's divisive approach to the pandemic has Tory voters breaking off on both of the left and right side of the conservative camp.
Increasing support for the People's Party, particularly in Alberta's rural ridings, points to a splinter on the far right, one borne out of frustration and distrust over a recent COVID clampdown in Alberta.
"That speaks to a different kind of Kenney effect from people who object to what the provincial government is doing in terms of COVID," she said, adding it is a reminder that there are people disaffeced with the Alberta political system.
Calgary pollster Janet Brown said Albertan unhappiness with Kenney's handling of the pandemic surged in the final weeks of the campaign.
Evan Mitsui/CBC

Evan Mitsui/CBC
Many Tories will now blame the premier for Conservative Leader Erin O'Toole's losses on the Alberta campaign trail, she said.
"When you look at the overall national popular support for the Conservatives, it's not far off the last election, but there's been this big drop in Alberta," Brown said.
"O'Toole was able to make some good progress outside of Alberta but troubles in Alberta sort of undermined him.
"There's going to be a lot of conservatives who are angry about how the last week of the campaign played out. And we'll be looking for Jason Kenney's role in that."
Brown said Alberta remains a conservative heartland but the Kenney government's handling of the pandemic influenced perceptions of the federal Conservative party.
O'Toole had previously praised the Alberta government's pandemic response. But as election day approached, the province was in the grips of a surging fourth wave that threatened to push the health-care system to its breaking point.
"The Conservatives got 14 per cent lower in this election than they did just two years ago ... That's a huge shift," Brown said.
"There's no key beneficiary of that drop, which again, makes you wonder what was going on in the minds of voters."

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is that even possible??? Either it’s a error and the wrong person got checked off the list due to not paying attention, or It’s a case of a stolen identity. The second one would make me very nervous if that happened to me, and I would of called the cops.

The polling station person didn’t even verify that it was me in the photo.
looked to me like they ran a pen threw your name and address, when you voted. easy to slip a pen through wrong name ?

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can verify a similar story. My son works for Nutrien in Calgary. A coworker of his went to vote first thing Monday and came to work bitching someone had voted in his name before him. Got in a big fight with the Election official and left in a huff. Can’t blame him.
Strange. My name was already crossed off when I got up there.
My wife was 10 min ahead of me in the line. The ballot lady recognized the name and mentioned my wife just being there. The lady claimed she must have scratched me off when my wife voted.
Prob dunked and extra ballot but still let me vote. I did tell her that I brought my own pen so she couldn’t erase it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ha now we are finding out just who threw the election

CBCCBC

'Kenney effect' hurt federal Conservatives on Alberta election night, experts say​

Tue., September 21, 2021, 7:00 p.m. MDT

Political scientists say the Tories' commanding grip on Alberta was weakened on election night by Premier Jason Kenney's controversial response to the devastating fourth wave of COVID-19.
The "Kenney effect" was in full force at the polls, said Lisa Young, a political scientist with the University of Calgary.
Conservative support in Alberta fell by nearly 14 per cent in Monday's federal election, allowing the NDP and the Liberals to gain a foothold in some ridings.
Many Albertans voted in protest against COVID-19 restrictions or a lack thereof, Young said Tuesday.
"I think we saw a few things that sort of speak to the Kenney effect," she said.
"The fact that the Conservatives didn't do as well in terms of the popular vote as they have in the last couple of elections is probably a case of the traditional Conservative supporters not going up to vote, or voting for another party as a protest."
As Canadians elected a Liberal minority government for the second time since 2019, Alberta remained a largely uninterrupted sea of blue.
The Conservative Party of Canada dominated in Alberta, especially in rural ridings, but there were notable exceptions in ridings that instead went orange or red.
The NDP held on to Edmonton Strathcona, and by early Tuesday, NDP candidate Blake Desjarlais was declared the winner over Conservative incumbent Kerry Diotte in Edmonton Griesbach.
George Chahal won for the Liberals in Calgary Skyview. In Edmonton Centre as of Tuesday afternoon, Conservative incumbent James Cumming remained locked in a see-saw battle against Liberal Randy Boissonnault in a still undeclared race.
The Tories were left with 55.4 per cent of the vote in Alberta. In 2019, the party garnered 69 per cent.
Public health divide
Young said Kenney's divisive approach to the pandemic has Tory voters breaking off on both of the left and right side of the conservative camp.
Increasing support for the People's Party, particularly in Alberta's rural ridings, points to a splinter on the far right, one borne out of frustration and distrust over a recent COVID clampdown in Alberta.
"That speaks to a different kind of Kenney effect from people who object to what the provincial government is doing in terms of COVID," she said, adding it is a reminder that there are people disaffeced with the Alberta political system.
Calgary pollster Janet Brown said Albertan unhappiness with Kenney's handling of the pandemic surged in the final weeks of the campaign.
Evan Mitsui/CBC

Evan Mitsui/CBC
Many Tories will now blame the premier for Conservative Leader Erin O'Toole's losses on the Alberta campaign trail, she said.
"When you look at the overall national popular support for the Conservatives, it's not far off the last election, but there's been this big drop in Alberta," Brown said.
"O'Toole was able to make some good progress outside of Alberta but troubles in Alberta sort of undermined him.
"There's going to be a lot of conservatives who are angry about how the last week of the campaign played out. And we'll be looking for Jason Kenney's role in that."
Brown said Alberta remains a conservative heartland but the Kenney government's handling of the pandemic influenced perceptions of the federal Conservative party.
O'Toole had previously praised the Alberta government's pandemic response. But as election day approached, the province was in the grips of a surging fourth wave that threatened to push the health-care system to its breaking point.
"The Conservatives got 14 per cent lower in this election than they did just two years ago ... That's a huge shift," Brown said.
"There's no key beneficiary of that drop, which again, makes you wonder what was going on in the minds of voters."
CBC and experts probably shouldn't be in the same sentence. Lol

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
My god, Biden and Boris Johnston are congratulating Trudy for his victory, funny here is one of the comments and this guy is totally correct ;

"What victory? He wanted a majority government and ended up with the same minority he started with. He spent 600 million dollars to prove that Canadians think he is not worthy to have a majority."

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...ory/ar-AAOG45X?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531#comments

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can some u bertans head to the quebec border and do some frackin and sink them into the alantic

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
View attachment 243390
This is the bullch!t that’s been talked about, ppc votes will be nothing more than liberal or ndp votes
Was this what the Turd hoped would happen, but in a bigger scale… I think he bet all this on that theory, hoping to get the majority he wanted. Backfired a bit

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think before election time he will get out of politics. Liberals also need some sort of fresh leader, probably Freeland . Trudeau threw everything out there with free money and still didn’t get a majority.8

Well we did try and warn people about vote splitting but some said that was bullchit?
Somebody called me stupid and a few other things for calling out vote splitting, what an unkind thing to say.
But now it kind of points out who really was stupid.
24 seats is a big deal and could have put CPC as the minority - they have a few items to work on to hit majority status though.
Not sure how you get the east to see the liberal damage being done.
PPC, thanks for your contributions this election, helping insure the Turd back in.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the bullch!t that’s been talked about, ppc votes will be nothing more than liberal or ndp votes
There is zero coverage on this from main stream media, would have been a conservative government if PPC didn’t split these 24 seats. Unfortunately Max thinks he’s on a roll, sadly this means at least 2 more liberal terms in Canada. We are seriously f’d in Alberta and Canada for that matter.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watching a commercial the other day about Terry Fox that is when Canada was great
I’m guessing you were still in diapers then, otherwise you would know in the early 1980s, the world price of oil collapsed, and the Alberta economy plunged into a deep recession. We also were dealing with the NEP from the original crooked Liberal Trudeau. So basically the same as now, only with mortgage interest rates around 15% and a quarter of the population walking away from their properties.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing you were still in diapers then, otherwise you would know in the early 1980s, the world price of oil collapsed, and the Alberta economy plunged into a deep recession. We also were dealing with the NEP from the original crooked Liberal Trudeau. So basically the same as now, only with mortgage interest rates around 15% and a quarter of the population walking away from their properties.
And we are headed right back there again with a Fed Govt that is blocking resource sales and insuring there will be no recovery this time.
Absolutly no control on spending money they dont have, well they are really gonna tax the chit out of us now.
A hearty thanks to those that directly or indirectly put that ahole back in.

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And we are headed right back there again with a Fed Govt that is blocking resource sales and insuring there will be no recovery this time.
Absolutly no control on spending money they dont have, well they are really gonna tax the chit out of us now.
A hearty thanks to those that directly or indirectly put that ahole back in.
Lol,you can’t vote your way out of this mess,they are all system pigs

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somebody called me stupid and a few other things for calling out vote splitting, what an unkind thing to say.
But now it kind of points out who really was stupid.
24 seats is a big deal and could have put CPC as the minority - they have a few items to work on to hit majority status though.
Not sure how you get the east to see the liberal damage being done.
PPC, thanks for your contributions this election, helping insure the Turd back in.

Yep me as well.

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys have been getting screwed since the 1960s, voting doesn’t matter anymore,look on election map of Canada and USA and tell me something isn’t wrong with the system

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
In the coming days it will come out what damage the PPC did to the CPC campaign. Could it have been a CPC majority? Maybe not, but it likely would have put the Liberals and NDP in a position where they would have required the CPC or another party to support decisions made in Parliament, which would have been a drastic improvement over what we ha
View attachment 243390
So should we just have a 2 party system?

Top Bottom