2018 Polaris ... Have a peek see & Listen....

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2018 Polaris ... Have a peek see & Listen....

lake riding, trail riding, mountain riding. You name it yamahas the best sled period.

While Yamaha I do believe builds a quality product and I am sure could be considered a good mountain sled for some mountain riding it will not be the best in many situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

While Yamaha I do believe builds a quality product and I am sure could be considered a good mountain sled for some mountain riding it will not be the best in many situations.

LOL WRONG, yamaha is always top dog anywhere they go. 2 strokes are for kids and girls. I got my 12year old a 850. Good kids sled, just not much power so he'll probably get bored on it soon.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

LOL WRONG, yamaha is always top dog anywhere they go. 2 strokes are for kids and girls. I got my 12year old a 850. Good kids sled, just not much power so he'll probably get bored on it soon.

12 year old?......does he know Maxwell?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I wish you were my dad growing up to have new top sled from any of the big 4 would have been frickin awesome.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I know its 11:30am in Toronto, still seems a bit early to be hitting the sauce so hard.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Dan, you should take this guy in the trees and he will not only have a brownstar, his whole pants will be filled.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is almost as bad as an 850 thread.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

It may have a chance to get worse depending on what happens when the release date rolls around. The chatter will be awe BNG or you other guys are in trouble Lol

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Dan, you should take this guy in the trees and he will not only have a brownstar, his whole pants will be filled.

That right there is GOLD !!!!!

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It may have a chance to get worse depending on what happens when the release date rolls around. The chatter will be awe BNG or you other guys are in trouble Lol

Hopefully they come out with more power than the 850, then brownstar's 12 year old will have something to look forward to!!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The evolution of sledding leads to manufacturers producing more improved power plants which are attempting to be EPA compliant while making more power and somehow maintaining some sort of reliability.

Sure a four stroke turbo checks most of those but it's market is small and it is still 600lbs.

Most guys want to see Polaris up the power to be competitive with Doo. I don't see it being a large issue. Doo had to make a 850 just to be more competitive than Cat and Polaris.

I don't know why Doo guys would want Polaris to have the same width track or have more power. I don't want Polaris to change it's steering design. Each brand has differences which make them unique and appealing to a broader range of riders. It's great to push new technology and be innovative as it improves the products available to the consumer but if every sled was a Sidewinder as an example, how boring would that be?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't the Sidewinder over 100lbs heavier then the Axys? Let me guess you don't even notice that weight...

bsoluk

Reaction score
True or not. A Polaris dealer hinted to me a few weeks ago there might be a factory two stroke turbo for 2018. Could be bullsh#t but was told a big Polaris dealer.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The evolution of sledding leads to manufacturers producing more improved power plants which are attempting to be EPA compliant while making more power and somehow maintaining some sort of reliability.

Sure a four stroke turbo checks most of those but it's market is small and it is still 600lbs.

Most guys want to see Polaris up the power to be competitive with Doo. I don't see it being a large issue. Doo had to make a 850 just to be more competitive than Cat and Polaris.

I don't know why Doo guys would want Polaris to have the same width track or have more power. I don't want Polaris to change it's steering design. Each brand has differences which make them unique and appealing to a broader range of riders. It's great to push new technology and be innovative as it improves the products available to the consumer but if every sled was a Sidewinder as an example, how boring would that be?

So in a perfect world, each manufacturer would build a couple of models for each segment. For example you like the vertical steering on the AXYS but if Polaris could afford to build a second mountain sled with the competition in mind they could also build a sled with horizontal steering and big wide running boards. Instead of trying to change mindsets, simply copy some of the common features of the competition and it may be easier to bring guys over. Lord knows there is enough choices in the trail segment, this should also be true for the mountains. It's got to be easier to make a fat AXYS with a 16" track than it is to make a skinny G4 or Cat! One size does not fit all.

Top Bottom