2018 Polaris ... Have a peek see & Listen....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw this earlier on another site. Will be watching closely at the reveal to see how they address the weight penalty and width of the sled. A crap load of horsepower could make the weight penalty go away. Lol. Neat stuff coming down the pipe in the sledding world for sure.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw this earlier on another site. Will be watching closely at the reveal to see how they address the weight penalty and width of the sled. A crap load of horsepower could make the weight penalty go away. Lol. Neat stuff coming down the pipe in the sledding world for sure.

There is no such a thing of weight penalty when you have a triple... It's the sound of music!! If it is a triple it may take allot of us back... Just sayin.

Oh and there is no weight penalty on a Sidewinder either .. All about the HP

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think they will go triple. Too wide. To me it sounds like a straight piped 4 stroke. Probably why they had to beef up the a arms for the extra 25 lbs of the 4 stroke. Sidewinder could be seeing some competition next winter. I don't think it would start on fire as easily on the snow as it did in the desert.

Attachments

• IMG_1495.PNG
    IMG_1495.PNG
    288.4 KB · Views: 1,128
Last edited:

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Factory - 2 stroke turbo
get ur $$$ out

the king will always be on the top of the mountain
-RMK-

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2018 Polaris ... Have a peek see & Listen....

They could Never call anything a 900 again !!
But one upping the "OLD". 850 could be in the cards..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2018 Polaris ... Have a peek see & Listen....

Its a 2 cylinder, 2 smoke. Look how the ski loops oscillate. A 3 would be smoother, It is a 800, 800+ or turbo 800. It almost looks like the exhaust dumps in a different location. hmmm? And Gripper skis so it is for the mountains and the pull start confirms 2 stroke.

shell_guy

Reaction score
Factory turbo is my bet, then again I might just be optimistic LOL.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2018 Polaris ... Have a peek see & Listen....

Its a 2 cylinder, 2 smoke. Look how the ski loops oscillate. A 3 would be smoother, It is a 800, 800+ or turbo 800. It almost looks like the exhaust dumps in a different location. hmmm? And Gripper skis so it is for the mountains and the pull start confirms 2 stroke.

Didn't sound like a twin. They very specifically zeroed in on the exhaust tip and the sound. pretty much all you could see was part of the ski and exhaust tip For those that did not see the video

Top Bottom