2017 Ski-Doo Summit Lined up with a 2016 Summit T3

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Dave, i know your busy riding the new sled.... and busy cleaning the excitement outta your shorts but could you do a vid of the 165 850 vs. 163 or 174 t3? or even the 154 850 vs either?
this would make all these fools stop fighting like grade school girls.

i have one with t3163 but my wife is 9 cm dialated so the Internet experts will have to wait! :)

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have one with t3163 but my wife is 9 cm dialated so the Internet experts will have to wait! :)

using the ol 9cm excuse.... just kidding. congrats in advance.
Ill be patiently waiting for said video.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow! There is a pretty bullet proof excuse for not getting right on this request. Congrats to both you and your lovely bride. So tomorrow then? :)

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may as just had over your ambassador position with BRP and give it to me. You won't have any time for this sledding nonsense. Congrats on the new family!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I see NM posted the boost-it 2stroke vs 4stroke shootout, and the boosted t3's laid a smack down on the turboed 4 strokes... Awesome video, Neil, and you've got those turbo t3 working dam well.... This 850 will have to be next :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see NM posted the boost-it 2stroke vs 4stroke shootout, and the boosted t3's laid a smack down on the turboed 4 strokes... Awesome video, Neil, and you've got those turbo t3 working dam well.... This 850 will have to be next :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

and where would someone vind this video?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=galYngQ7UmM&feature=player_embedded

Had ourselves a friendly two stroke vs four stroke Winternutz vs Boost-It chute out in Revy last weekend.
The Boost-It Doos were dominant being the only sleds to climb Armpit in Monster bowl, Runway 4 left hook in Airport, 90 and Campout in lower bullpen. They also climbed all other airport chutes, Gash chute in Monster, Sweny St in Bullpen and all Finger chutes in Turtle. It's amazing how far two strokes have come in the last few years.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill take the T3 behind door # 3 for the dough diff. Dave an Max rehab for Doolaide addiction:nono:. They nailed it with the XM and the T3 lets hope this is the same. Time will tell the tale. cheers:beer:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there any aero, impulse, TSS .. Or just boost it two strokes??

Had ourselves a friendly two stroke vs four stroke Winternutz vs Boost-It chute out in Revy last weekend.
The Boost-It Doos were dominant being the only sleds to climb Armpit in Monster bowl, Runway 4 left hook in Airport, 90 and Campout in lower bullpen. They also climbed all other airport chutes, Gash chute in Monster, Sweny St in Bullpen and all Finger chutes in Turtle. It's amazing how far two strokes have come in the last few years.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

2 stroke vs 4 stroke in that vid doesn't mean jack ****. every one of those sleds had more than enough power to climb those chutes, its all about picking the line. Watch around the 13 min mark, couple of 2 strokes go over the top then a 4 stroke comes flying over as well. All had ample power to make that pull, simply a matter of who picked a good line.

2S vs 4S debate is dead. Back to the point of this thread, want more pics of the new G4.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my second year of sledding. So far in the last two years I have rode 2200 km on a bone stock 2015 T3 174 in Revy. I had and opportunity to ride both the 154" and 165" 850 at Kuster's. I have virtually no experience with other brands since 1980 and that was in a barn yard. So all of my comments are a comparison between the 174 and the 850. For certain the 850 pull starts easier then the ETEC. I don't have e start either did the demos. There was speculation that the 850 would have to have E start due to the harder pull required for the larger more powerful engine. I don't know what Rotax did but it feels like it has compression release. It is way easier to start and my 174 starts first pull cold or hot. The 850 has a very noticeably quicker and more powerful throttle response. When a E TECK riders hits the throttle they better be ready this thing is a brute. Both 850s take an edge way easer then the 174. The effort required to put either sled on edge is ridiculously low. It took awhile for me to catch onto the throttle response and how little effort it took to initiate a turn. I found the 154 a little harder to catch on to then the 165 consequently I spent most of the time on the 165. However I know that was lack of ride experience/skill. The 850 is super comfortable ride and the orange and white may not look great in a pic but it looks wicked on the snow. I was a little disappointed to see the new running board design does not run completely forward to the front of the sled. It stops short of the front and transitions to a set up that looks like a real snow trap for about the last 20 or 30 cm where snow evacuation is the most critical. I can't say for sure unfortunately the snow wasn't deep the day of the demo

Last edited:
Top Bottom